Oticon More next generation?

What I find interesting is that they unbundle their services except for the initial fitting. Almost nobody pays the $2500 for lifetime service on heir aids. Most pay the usual $40 per visit or $120 if more complex.

1 Like

@prodigyplace: May I ask how much you paid for them, Bruce?

Sure. They bundle the fitting service with the aids for $3865. If I REALLY wanted lifetime services that would have been an additional $2500. Most people pay the $40 or $120 per visit instead. I think just the fitting would be $340.

No remote support for out of state clients due to state licensing restrictions.

Of course, US dollars :wink:

2 Likes

I assume I will need a ConnectClip if I with to connect to my laptop Bluetooth. Correct?

I did not order that because there is a 60 day trial, minus $400 but the ConnectClip would be non refundable.

Apparently their ConnectClip price of $150 is pretty reasonable.

2 Likes

@prodigyplace: Yes, I believe that’s correct. $150 i is a good price for the ConnectClip. That’s a neat little device, if you got one that works. I had to send my first one back because it wasn’t doing the job. It was failing a lot of the time. But my second one has been a keeper, and it’s very good even as a remote mic or a partner mic I guess they call it.

1 Like

This information is great if you have a connect clip and having issues getting your aids to pair to it. I had my conn ct clips just refuse to pair with my More r my OPNS aids, this fixed my problem.

How to pair aids to connect clip

Oticon suggested pressing all three buttons and holding them…the light will turn white, then red. Then place the aids in the charger and turn the connect clip on and take the aids out of the charger. The connect clip will pulse yellow looking for the aids and then green when it finds them. Then they suggested to forget the pairing on the phone and re pair it through bluetooth. Once repaired they suggested to turn on the remote microphone (hold large button till the light turns pink). If the remote mic works with no problem and keeps the connection it rules out the connect clip being the problems and then we could assume its an aid problem. If the aids are connected to the phone and the connect clip is the two will fight and usually the aids will win so there is a known struggle but we can start by seeing if the connect clip is working

Yes this works

1 Like

I have been using the Rexton comparable product for virtual meetings with my laptop and KS8 aids.

1 Like

@prodigyplace: We’re digging out from a blizzard where I live, but I’ll respond as soon as I can if there’s anything about genuine Oticon®️brand More1 hearing aids (The Danish Miracle in Your Ear©️) that I can share to help you get the best performance from them.

:chair::chair::chair::chair:

1 Like

Keep safe. The last January I was up in Toronto was the record storm in 2012.

I watched a hearing tracker video that mentioned quality issues with the wax filters. Has that been resolved?

I notice some mention if the Edumic. Is that just a remote microphone?

Thank you for sharing.

@prodigyplace : Busy so short sentences. I’ve never had problems with wax filter quality.

EduMic has been a boon for me … it’s an excellent quality, versatile remote mic, IMO.

TTYL

2 Likes

I haven’t had issues with wax guards except the fact I am getting old and my eye sight isn’t that great anymore to see when they have wax in them

1 Like

I gather there were defect quality issues with the applicators or possibly problems attaching to the aids. The video emphasized it was a filter issur.

It is just a wireless microphone? Nit comparable to the connect clip then.

I assume you are not using a SnowCat to dig your way out if the snow. Those things can be dangerous.

I wear custom ear molds and haven’t had an issue with the removal or installation of wax guards. My ear molds don’t use the mini wax guards, they use the pro wax guards that are larger than the mini. Now when I wore ITE aids they had the mini wax guards and they were terrible about replacing they were so small I couldn’t really see them.

1 Like

@prodigyplace: Ariens brand genuine Pro 32 with Briggs Polar Force engine… 378 pounds of Beastly Power!:japanese_ogre:

Best to look up EduMic on Oticon brand web sight

2 Likes

Any snow we get down here is too dense for snow throwers. My neighbor usually plows our driveway and road with his farm tractor and blade.

2 Likes

Oh Great! I have an appointment today to get the More1’s, $7,000.

2 Likes

I’m getting fitted with Oticon More 1 on 6th Feb in Denmark. It’ll be approx £3,000 for a pair, which includes four years’ warranty, unlimited visits as needed. I usually only require one visit for fine tuning once fitted and that’s it.

1 Like

The Oticon More generation seems to be getting more populous.

When I conceived of The Tribes of the Ear, Oticonian had a nice ring to it … but - do we who wear genuine Oticon brand More devices - now also bear the moniker Morons?

2 Likes