Oticon MORE firmware 1.4.0 - BT issues with iOS 16

I believe that the 1.4 is something that Oticon and the VA has come up with, only. It is very stable with both my iPad and iPhone that are running IOS16.2. I have been doing a lot of streaming of audio books, sometimes as much as 2 hours non stop with no issues, the hands free works good, and I haven’t had any reboots. I haven’t even had issues with the connectivity if I forget and have both my iPhone and iPad with the Bluetooth enabled at the sametime. I don’t advice it, it drains the aids batteries more and can cause confusion. I would not expect that this version will be available to the public. My thought is this is maybe 1.4.2 or later that should be released soon, I did volunteer to beta test if needed

1 Like

It would be interesting if you would report what firmware level the Oticon ON app reports for you aids as currently configured. I realize that you don’t typically use the ON app but I don’t know of another way for a typical More aid user to find the firmware version in their aids. Those with a Noahlink wireless can use the Genie fitting software.

I’ve had the following firmware for my More 1 aids (first fitted on 6 September 2022):

1.3.0 as delivered new
1.4.0 first update by audiologist
1.4.1 second update by audiologist on 23 Nov 2022

In each case, Genie (latest version at the time) and the ON app reported exactly the same firmware level (3 digits separated by 2 periods).

I’m using an iPhone 12 mini and an iPad Pro 12.9" (4th generation) with the aids. I’ve updated the iPhone/iPad when Apple released OS updates so they are currently at 16.2. The More 1 aids with 1.4.1 are much better for me with my devices than 1.4.0 (fewer disconnects, phone call/streaming audio in one aid only, etc). I only connect to either the phone or pad - I turn off bluetooth for the device not in use to prevent any contention that has been a common issue with both my previous OPN S 1 and current More 1 aids.

1 Like

I have the More1 aids with iPhone 13 IOS16.2 my ON is reporting 1.4. for both aids. I am not having any issues connectivity or other wise. Even the battery life of my aids have improved. While I don’t do it I haven’t noticed any issues with having my iPad and my iPhone both with the Bluetooth enabled, because my iPad seems to believe it has the dominate role with my aids.

1 Like

Can someone explain how to end a call and decline a call by way of the More1 rocker switch. I can answer a call with issues but haven’t fixed out the ending the call and declining calls.

1 Like

Think it may only work from your phone?

1 Like

That is old information a not what what my audiologist was trying to say, Hanging up on the phone wouldn’t be true hands free. I will contact my audiologist next week when he is back in the office

Definitely contact your audiologist to confirm but this picture is talking about 2 way hands free so it might be a limitation?! I have no idea?!

@cvkemp

This says the way to handsfree hang up is ask Siri.

1 Like

I figured it out to hang up just hold down the rocker up side of the hearing aid button until you hear a tone. It doesn’t change programs or the volume once correctly done.

2 Likes

Update MORE1 firmware on 5 Jan 2023 to 1.4.0. I am using iPhone 13 with OS 16.2
Notice disconnection, phone calls/streaming audio in one aid only. Have to reset the left HA in order to reconnect again. Notice the right HA consume 3% more battery than the left after some settings in the HA.

Might have to go to the Audi again.

Your right ear is worse so will consume more battery.

2 Likes

Noted with Thanks. Stay safe and healthy.

1 Like

I have had a few issues with losing streaming from one aid or even rawly both aids but I noticed that my aids still show to be connected to my iPhone and I can even adjust the volume or change programs from the iPhone. And a reboot of the he aids are required to reconnect which leads me to believe the issue is the aids. But if have noticed improvement and n battery life since my aids were updated.

1 Like

I would wait until yet another firmware is released by Oticon. I have seen reports of firmware update failures resulting in an inoperative More aid. I still have connection issues with my More 1 aids with 1.4.1 connected to an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 16.2 so 1.4.1 is not bug free, at least with my phone/iOS combination. That said, 1.4.1 is better than 1.4.0 in my case. I have had issues both with and without the ON app loaded/running with both firmware versions.

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct. Wait until the Firmware is stable before updating the MORE again.
A little minor problem here and there. Overall is OK.

Keep the phone next/near to the HA whenever you move to any place. That’s the only way to keep the HA connected.

True but they should reconnect automatically which they do the majority of the time just not every time.

1 Like

Firmware 1.3 was more stable with OS 6.2. No problem of reconnection.
Firmware 1.4 - left HA connection cut off after you are out of range. You have to reset the HA again when you want to connect the iPhone 13.

Not all of the time just every now and then

1 Like

I reported back October when the firmware was originally upgraded to 1.4.0 that I was experiencing ConnectClip connectivity problems as well as the problem with the iPhone. Oticon exchanged my hearing aids and ConnectClip and send them to the head office for investigation. The replacement hearing aids were running 1.3.0 firmware, which resolved both problems.

Just before Christmas, 1.4.1 firmware was released, so I got them upgraded. This fixed the iPhone problem, but brought back the ConnectClip problem. The only choice I had at the the time was to send the hearing aids in to have the firmware downgraded. Since I still have my Opn S hearing aids, I used them with the ConnectClip while waiting to hear back from Oticon.

I finally heard back from Oticon that they identified the problem causing the sound to drop out to the ConnectClip. They will be releasing 1.4.2 at the end of January with a fix. I will try it as soon as I hear that it’s available and I will post my comments here.

1 Like