Oticon MORE firmware 1.4.0 - BT issues with iOS 16

I got my Mores upgraded to 1.4.1 on Monday, and have had no streaming disconnects since then. Previoulsy on 1.4.0 I was experiencing disconnects two or three times per day.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the prompt reply. I will try to soft reset the IPhone and also switch off/on the More 1. Have a nice day.

IOS16.2 will release this next week

1 Like

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

1 Like

My Bluetooth issues were also resolved with upgrade to firmware 1.4.1.

2 Likes

Mine too. I admit I was skeptical because mine were a recent purchase and came with firmware 1.4. The connectivity was so bad that I had doubts that it ever actually worked properly (before 1.4). But no issues at all since they were updated to firmware 1.4.1

1 Like

I have 1.4.1 on my More 1. In iOS how/where do I specify to use the HA’s mic?

You have to do so from the ear icon in the iPhone control panel

2 Likes

Gosh what an awkward workflow. Apple should’ve made this mic input changeable from the In-progress phone call UI just like speaker configuration.

2 Likes

I agree with that but it isn’t, to my understanding once in a call it can’t be changed

I just read that Oticon pulled 1.4.1 because it didn’t fix the problem, can someone please confirm that or not?

My More 1’s were upgraded to 1.4.1 (from 1.4) about 6 weeks ago, and I can confirm that I have had no connectivity problems since then. It has made a world of difference.

I do have a problem with one of them restarting itself about once a week. I did not have this issue before the update, but I had only had the HAs a couple of weeks, so I have no idea if it is related to the update or just a problem with the HA. My audi is checking with Oticon on that issue. It is not that big of a deal (it turns off for less than 5 seconds and restarts) but should not be happening, but I will take that over the connectivity issue any day.

1 Like

What a nightmare this has become. @cvkemp Have you found out wether that relates to the occasional HA bricking (like what happened to @alpine1)?

I go to my VA audiologist this coming Wednesday maybe I will find something out, I was hoping to get my More1s updated before I head out on our cruise

2 Likes

I have done enough software quality control to know this isn’t totally Oticon’s fault, it seems that Apple and Google are both making software changes to their OSs with all of the updates they are doing and the hearing aid companies aren’t being given the full picture of what they are changing.

4 Likes

Upgraded firmware to 1.4.1 10 days ago and upgraded to iOS 16.2 yesterday.
The firmware upgrade solved majority of Bluetooth issues. Had to reconnect an aid once or twice, but performance is markedly improved.

Too early to say how iOS 16.2 will work. Had to repair the aids which took a couple tries. Has been solid since.

1 Like

I’m on iOS 16.2 with firmware 1.4.1 and had no issues. I came from 1.3.0 though.

2 Likes

Okay I am not sure of why, but I got my More1 aids updated this morning at the VA, my aids are now firmware 1.4.0. My audiologist told me not to worry that the firmware has been certified by the VA techs to be stable. I haven’t noticed any connectivity issues with the iPhone itself but have noticed issues with the ON app, which I don’t really use and have removed from my iPhone.
I am not sure if it is due to the firmware or adjustments made by my audiologist but everything sounds so much more natural now. Also, I only have the default general program and the TV Adapter to deal with. I had my audiologist set my More1 aids up for the default hands free settings and I can finally say I have true hands free capability. While at the clinic I got my OPNS1 aids adjusted and set up as closely as possible to the same settings as my More1 aids. While there is definitely a noticeable difference in sound and speech in noise they are way better than I expected. We discussed why my audiologist decided that getting the OWN1 aids for me wasn’t optimal, at the level of hearing loss I have with using the 100db receivers there seems to be feedback issue that would not give me the benefit of the More1 aids I would have expected.

I just heard from the gentlemen whom I bought my hearing aids from! The Bricked More 1’s that happened during the firmware upgrade to 1.4.1.
Oticon had pulled the 1.4.1 firmware update due to issues. Since one aids had 1.4.1 and the other is bricked he had to replace both aids.

2 Likes

What are the ones that have the 1.4.1 supposed to do? Do they notify the audiologists who can then contact the customer?