Oticon MORE firmware 1.4.0 - BT issues with iOS 16

Just updated to 1.4.1. Only one day of use but so far so good.

5 Likes

It’s working like a charm again. Thanks Oticon.

4 Likes

Firmware 1.4.1 - the Audi update it for you or it is automatic (over the air via wifi?). Mine is still Firmware 1.3.0

You will have to have your audiologist do the updates. It is a two step process first to 1.4.0 then 1.4.1. Not sure why they went completely that way, but suspect it was the best way with so many already updated to1.4.0

1 Like

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

1 Like

The 1.4.1 update is also available for the Philips 9030 via Hearsuite and solves the BT disconnect problem here as well.

2 Likes

I experienced the disconnect, going for v1.4.1 firmware tomorrow (15.11.2022)

iOS just came out with 16.1.1 yesterday.
Now, will 1.4.1 work with that???
Arghhhh

That was just a very minor bug fix for the IOS there shouldn’t be any issues with MFI.

Yesterday, I received a new pair of More hearing aids and a new ConnectClip to replace the ones that were sent to Oticon. The hearing aids have 1.3.0 firmware. According to the audiologist, 1.4.1 firmware is not available in Canada yet.

This has fixed the connectivity problems with my iPhone and mostly with my laptop. However, I’ve noticed that I’m not getting any audio using Teams when I select the Headphones ConnectClip Stereo output device. It works fine if I use the Headset ConnectClip 1.1 Hands-Free AG Audio device. I will try this with my Opn S hearing aids and see if it’s the same.

1 Like

@darylm FYI - My audi called this morning to set up a time for me to go in tomorrow to be upgraded to 1.4.1. I’m in Ontario

3 Likes

Thanks to this blog I called my Audi and asked / pushed them to get the 1.4.1 update. They were unaware of it also. They told me they had to call Oticon to obtain it, it doesn’t seem to download automatically in the Noah software (I have no idea how this normally works, I’m not an audi).
Anyway, I can confirm it does seem to be working better. Previously after using the TV streamer the iPhone would NEVER reconnect automatically, so phone calls and streaming from the iPhone were not possible unless I restarted the HA. This was beyond annoying after months of living with it.
I’m glad Oticon finally addressed it and released a fix but knowing it will now take months for the thousands of patients suffering (and I can use that word) from this annoyance to go into their Audis’ offices for the update, I can say I think they should have released a fix sooner. I also think firmware updates should be available through the iPhone or an app, this will be a huge burden on Audis and customers alike to arrange for firmware updates.

1 Like

I read somewhere that Oticon just came out with software update 1 4 1 . Is it true and if so has anyone had it installed?

1 Like

It is a fix for connectivity issues with iPhones, if you haven’t updated to 1.4.0 your aids will have to be updated to 1.4.0 then updated to 1.4.1.
I haven’t gotten my aids updated yet hopefully on the 28th of this month when I get my right ear mold and receiver replaced.

3 Likes

My appointment to go from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 is at 1:30 today. My audiologist just texted me!

2 Likes

Thanks to this site, I learned that we are now on 1.4.1. I whipped out my NoahLink Wireless. I hadn’t used it since I updated to 1.4.0. I found out there is a NoahLink Wireless firmware update too. I updated the firmware first. No problem. I then went to the devices tab and updated to 1.4.1with no problem. I shall review it. Hopefully the BT issues with iOS 16 will be kaput.

I like D.I.Y. stuff. My Ebay More 1 person gave me the Noahlink wireless because we are now friends and he showed me basic stuff. Updating is easy and it saves me a trip to someone else to do it for me.

2 Likes

Appointment at 1:30 and server went down at Oticon. Audiologist had just finished two other 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 flawlessly. Oticon did not know when server would be restored. Will get a call when I can come back for the update. ARG!!

1 Like

All the updating is done at home on your own time. No need to rush and travel to the Audi. What a wonderful world. Stay safe and healthy!

1 Like

How is all the updating done at home and on your time? This firmware update can only be done through Noahlink which I am sure 99% of Oticon users don’t have at home.

3 Likes

Finally was able to get the 1.4.1 update this afternoon. Fingers Crossed.

3 Likes