Oticon More: Dead Hearing Aid

Hi again
I started a new topic re; dead hearing aid. I was vague in my description. I am a Cdn. snowbird and had purchased Oticon More mini fit a couple years back. One has gone dead. I have tried by going into devices and forget this device and did a unpair and placed HA on phone and waited til it said paired successfully. but still is the same. Anyone experienced this should I unpair and try again. Any advise may help me til i get home and take them to my Audi. Thanks.

Dead how?
Unable to hear any sounds from the microphones?
Not charging?
Not streaming from your phone?

Have you tried changing the wax filters and changing or cleaning the domes or molds?

cannot hear anything in left ha. batteries are fully charged. the filters and domes were changed recently. The left adjustment slider on iphone does not click or respond. The right slider clicks as i move slider up or down. pls do not hesitate if you need more info. Thanks.

Depending on the model, does it light up green showing it is fully charged or have you tried the battery from the working aid?

You didn’t answer prodigyplace who gave you some valid recommendations. Otherwise you check your warranties and take it in to be looked at.

Thanks for the replies and recomendations. When i press the ON rocker switch a green light comes on solid then goes off. i imagine that indicates it is charged. also the iphone indicates charged at 94%

I’d change the wax filter anyway.

I have the same problem right now with my left HA. The HA gives me an “on” message. Audi checked it, changed the receiver, and said it’s working. Then recommended checking for ear wax. Done. Not a problem. I contacted the company directly. A tech ran me through some trouble shooting procedures. No change. He approved a replacement at no charge.

Thank You Billgem for your valuable information and recommendations. Lloyd

Of course the manual recommends looking at the light when it is inserted into a charger the either is plugged in or otherwise shows it has enough power to charge the aid.

Might be a receiver wire failure or wax beyond the wax trap.

3 Likes

You can test receiver wire failure.

• The sound might be intermittent if you wiggle the wire when wearing the hearing aid.
  • Switch the receiver to a different side. It’s fairly easy. Here’s a link → Oticon Receivers. Careful not to get your hearing aid side (right/left) mixed up.
3 Likes

Hu Bongo

i tried the wiggle wire and no response, i have a pr. of spare receiver wires i left at home. bring them next trip for sure in case that is it. I am home in 2 wks. and i did bring my old Oticon aids, which is getting me by. appreciate the tip good chance that is the problem. thanks

1 Like

It is rechargeable i place them on the charger at nite it is yellow and in the m orning they are both green indicating full charge. and my phone shows full charge. appreciate your info. cheers.

1 Like

Thanks pvc for your receiver tip. cheers

If your back up hearing aids are OPN mini rite, the receivers are the same as the More. So you can switch to see if it is a bad receiver.

OK they are may give that a try. Have my old OPNs in now and are really not too bad, not a whole lot of difference. Just not able to stream sound.
Thanks Mago.l cheers,

You can stream with the OPNs - just forget the Mores and pair the OPNs.
It’s a pain, but so is not being able to stream. I just went thru similar recently and had to wear my OPNs.

yes i just did not want to bother, thought i may have to cancel out the mores and replace with OPN. i have had my OPNs in for a day now and very surprised how they are still good and a huge help. Have to get used to the batteries again. From reading this forum now and then there has been much much discussion re battery v. rechargeable and of course i was skeptical as i was use to the batteries. To sum it up it is nice to just place them on the charger at night and take them off in the morning. Going on 3 yrs. so far so good. if i was camping a lot in the wilderness it would still be good to have battery pros and cons and i think this site sure helps a lot of people Thanks Mago

2 Likes

I just had one of my Resound One’s go dead. I got out my jeweler’s magnifying loop and sure enough, my wire going into the receiver was broken inside of the insulation. A new receiver fixed it. And dang that was difficult changing that sucker. But works as new again

@dregerlb: Hello - I emphasized some words in the quote so I could share this anecdote. Occasionally (neither often nor rarely) I’ve changed a wax cup, only to have my wife tell me, a couple of days later to “check your hearing aids”. Begrudgingly, I do - and lo, and behold, a “fresh” wax cup is blocked.

I’d check those filters again, if you haven’t, already.

1 Like