Oticon More: Dead Hearing Aid

So glad it worked out for you, i beleive now that in my case it is also a receiver issue, the audi did a change of receivers once and they make it look so easy, but not easy when we do it … lol cheeers.

1 Like

I had changed out the filters and domes but thanks for the tip as you never know as it could be something so simple as that. returning home to canada and have arranged for an appointment. great help available on this site. cheers.

very good point as what i understand from my audi and doctor is that some people produce more wax then others therefore the filter plugging which is a real detriment to hearing capability. I am one that produce above average wax, my doctor clears it thouroughly twice a year plus in between I use a drop of oil in ear at night now and then. eliminates the problem for me. Hope this helps.

@dregerlb: I wish you a safe journey back home, and good performance from your hearing engines, along the way.

Thanks Spudgunner always nice to hit north and hope there is no storm in the Dakotas.

1 Like

@dregerlb:Yes - the tornadoes down there can be fearsome!

A diagnostic tool I have used for well over 40 years is: If the hearing aid is dead, is there any noise turning it on or off or changing programs? If the battery or charge is good, then probably a receiver issue. If you can rub the case of the hearing aid and hear the rubbing sound but nothing else, then it is a plugged microphone issue. Unless it is a component failure, a dead instrument is almost always an input or output issue.

Excellent i have tried each and still no response. I will file this also for future use great tips. i made an appt. with my Audi for march 30th. Managing with my old battery OPNS to get me by. Thanks

1 Like

Returned home and had appt. with Audi. He tested the left hearing aid and it was totally dead no response.He sent it into the Lab to get repaired. Do not know if there will be a charge for this…

If your aids are less than 3 years old, it should be repaired or replaced at no cost, assuming it wasn’t broken in an obvious way by your own doing. I am also assuming that the warranty is the same as the US.

One of my aids has been replaced twice now in just over a year. Hope you find better luck with the new or repaired one.

Just gentle reminder that what happens to be true about your warranty doesn’t necessarily apply across all suppliers, in all jurisdictions.

Locally (here), most suppliers offer a two year warranty but that doesn’t necessarily apply to consumables like rechargeable batteries, chargers and receivers. However some aids carry a five year warranty. Your negotiated deal might be entirely different than the next customer.

Thanks Jcw and Bongo for your input. Gives me an idea of what to expect.
Cheers.

1 Like

Are Rechargeable batteries considered Consumables?
Many users on this forum are under the impression they’re covered by warranty, and should be replaced before the expiry date.

Like I said above; read your local T+C: not all suppliers take the same view in respect of batteries in all locations.

FWIW, I don’t agree with the premise, but I didn’t write the rules of supply either.

1 Like