Oticon More Bluetooth problems

What glitches I am not noticing any

I canā€™t pair my Apple Pencil with my iPad at the same time my HAs are paired, the Quote function in this site (which is a browser feature) doesnā€™t work, the appearance options for Safari tabs donā€™t work as described. Etc.

I am not seeming to have your issues. What iPad do you have

iPad Air 3rd Generation with Pencil 1

1 Like

I have the iPad mini5 and the same pencil. Now I did notice and issue with the quotes, but not the Bluetooth

My BT seems stable now, but when I was first repairing with the new update, I was losing one side or the other. I had to turn off WiFi to get BT to pair properly.

That wasnā€™t necessary with iOS 14.8

I havenā€™t had to repair any of my devices after the update. On either my iPad or iPhone

Thatā€™s you Chuck ā€¦ that has not been my experience.

I am not planning on updating to iOS 15 until they work the bugs out. It usually takes a couple of dot versions to get to a stable program. The differences you are both experiencing may be due to hardware differences. Apple often will tweak the hardware or use different manufacturers for some of the components in different years or even mid year.
I have noticed that my phone call audio is clearer after the latest Oticon firmware update. I will be going to the gym later this morning and will see how the streaming works. I had many issues with the previous version.

2 Likes

@JeremyDC: Thanks for sharing your insights. I am usually not in a rush to adopt new software updates. I really donā€™t know what possessed me to rush into iOS15. Doh!!

I have often wondered why - when Iā€™m experiencing a problem - others say ā€œmine isnā€™t doing thatā€. Perhaps I screwed up the download/installation? But how does one do that? My experience is what it is, and itā€™s definitely not smooth sailing like @cvkemp 's.

I wish there was a ā€œRevert Window of Opportunityā€ that would give is 2 or 3 days to try the new version and undo it, if we didnā€™t like it.

I think it was the allure of a big security fix vs 14.8 and more stable connectivity promises that rotted my brain on this occasion. DoubleDoh!

According to what I read you can revert back to 14.8. I havenā€™t researched how but that was one of the points about 15.

Wow! Really, Chuck? Iā€™m on my way to the dentist - canā€™t research it now. But if you can tell me how to do - Iā€™d be obliged.

Look at this

1 Like

Thanks, Chuck. Since I donā€™t have a computer, I may not be able to do this. I guess further resistance is futile: Iā€™ll have to replace my 2007 MacBook.:rage::frowning:

I have the exact same problem with my Phonak Audeo and iPhone. Only occurs outside, and not all the time. My audiologist at Penn said it has to do with bluetooth not having ā€˜wallsā€™ outside to bounce off of and stay within range. Whereas inside we have plenty of walls and I have never had the issue indoors. I donā€™t know why it works for ear pods. But audi said there was nothing I could do about it but that the long awaited Bluetooth next version could take care of it.

As I mentioned, my problem occurred inside and outside and has not occurred again inside since I had the firmware updated. Have not had a chance to test it outside since the update.

With a previous set of hearing aids I had a while ago I had no issues with Bluetooth outside. So, the issue to my thinking is with the current aids and perhaps it is largely solved by the firmware update. I will get a chance to test them out in the next couple of days. I suspect the real issue may be with the size limitation for the hardware. Miniaturization has its limits.

Some info on Bluetooth from Quora:
ā€œ Q: Is Bluetooth a line-of-sight technology? I notice I can disrupt the reception of signal between my Bluetooth speaker and tablet just by standing in the doorway between 2 rooms. Is that normal?

Bluetooth has a range normally less than 10 metres in clear space, but this can be reduced considerably in a building. Reflections from walls, doors, even people can cause problems.

It normally hops between different frequencies, and if you move around the effects of reflections can make certain frequencies drop off requiring some re-profiling of the connection. This takes place automatically, but can make audio choppy for a short while of may even interrupt it completely.

If I have my laptop in the sitting room, and I go into the next room, the kitchen, to make a brew then the audio on my headphones can get very choppy even though I am only six or seven metres from the laptop.ā€

**So, I have been out of State for a while and in a house with no wifi, so I have been using cellular and bluetooth and bluetooth is very limited. If I put my phone on a counter in the living room and then walk around the corner to the kitchen, blocking direct line of sight, the bluetooth cuts out, so I have 25% in my left ear and no sound in the right. As soon as I can see the phone, the bluetooth rights itself and comes back. If I go out to the woodshed and go around the corner, the aids cut out again. Upon re-entering, the sound returns. I am not talking much distance here at all, just blocked by a wooden wall and no longer in line-of-sight. The other issue: sound bouncing from left to right and back when walking outside is no longer happening after the update. Yeh!

I have been battling Bluetooth issues with my Oticon Mores starting about a month after I got them. I can only hear one side or the other. I have a top of the line Samsung phone. I delete the cache, unpair the hearing aids, uninstall the Oticon app, restart the phone. Then re-install and then pair them again.The steps no longer work :frowning: I need to have my firmware updated and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it fixes the issue.

1 Like

I have to say that the More aids and Android is hit and miss. When I made the commitment to wear Oticon aids about 12 years ago before they were Bluetooth, I committed to do what it took to make them work for me. In the spring of 2014 I reluctantly switched to iphone due to getting new aids and I have been so happy that I did. I still have minor connection issues at time but nothing like I have read about the issues with android. I will add this, my wife uses the Samsung Note 20 and if I need to use it, I use my connect clip paired to her Note phone it works very well.

1 Like

Welcome to the bluetooth battle. I have been fighting this for the past few months; itā€™s not just the Mores, itā€™s basically any HA with the ASHA protocol. I unfortunately made the switch to the dark side just a few weeks ago and traded my Samsung in for the iPhone solely for my HAs. General connection stability is far improved in terms of not having one side drop out, but as for streaming while walking outside, I have still had issues with the Signia AXs, but less so than with Android. The ConnectClip seems to work well, according to a number of folks. That, or youā€™ll just have to exercise a lot of patience until they decide itā€™s worth adjusting some of the BT signal strength within ASHA, or wait for LE Audio to make its appearance (and hope that solves it).

3 Likes