Oticon More adds disposable battery model and MyMusic program

In the early morning I get up, and my wife is sleeping, I set the volume of the music really low, on the Bose sound system, with the default program I would had to crank up the volume on my aids, but with the MYMusic program I can use the default volume and hear the full range of the music without disturbing my wife.
The sound is even lower that what my wife would listen to the Bose, but to me it is like I am listening in a concert hall. The noise level by my watch is less than 50db. In my default program I would have to increase the volume on the Bose to at least 80db

@cvkemp: Your audi mist have cranked the gain on the MyMusic program way up for it to behave like that, Chuck.

(I’m dying to read some of the Forum Gurus’ takes on this one … my program didn’t behave that way, as far as I can remember.)

1 Like

All that he did was enable the MyMusic program no adjustments were made I was watching the process, it did not take 2 minutes including the reboot of the aids. I am waiting for an email reply to this fact. I will hear something hopefully by the tomorrow

1 Like

I simulated Chuck’s audiogram into Genie 2 for the More 1 miniRITE R and below are the gain curves I came up with for the default (first screenshot) and MyMusic program (second screenshot).

The gain curves for MyMusic seems to have enhanced lows and highs, and maybe a few dB gains overall. But I don’t know if this is sufficient to perceive a significant overall volume gain or not. Who knows, because everyone’s hearing perception is difference. Maybe for some, a few dB difference in the right spots would be perceived to magnify many more folds than it really is.

It’d be an easy fix for Chuck, though, if he wants to tame down the MyMusic overall volume compared to the default P1 volume. Until his next visit to the audi, he can simply use the overall volume button like he does to tame it down. And at the next audi visit, it can be made permanent by simply selecting all the gains in the Genie 2 fine tuning and tame them down by a few clicks until its volume seem normalized to the P1 volume.

2 Likes

Yes I have do a single click down to make it.comfort, and 2 down to match my default program

@Volusiano: I didn’t realize that this could be the case, especially in light of the dB disparities Chuck mentioned.

Yes, @Volusiano, and @cvkemp, the MyMusic program is set to increase volume over the entire audible range. So Chuck, that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

I took the liberty of decreasing the gain by 2dB in mine, just to tame it a bit.

As you can see, Chuck’s MyMusic program’s levels are very well separated between low/medium/high.
That’s the key to enjoying this new music program.

Just an FYI, if any DIYers, are reading this be sure to make sure you unlink the MyMusic program from the others so the changes do not get copied to your other programs.

If you look at the screencap, @Volusiano posted you can see the “Link” icon between P1 & P2 on the left side.

1 Like

I’m very thankful of three or four members having really dug into this discussion of the Oticon More “my music” program. I’m trying this product next and have a quick question. One of you has referred to a former music program of Oticon’s as a “legacy music program”. Could you please explain what you mean by this term in reference to a former music program used by Oticon?
And another question probably for spud Runner-How does one find a white paper for an 11-year-old hearing aid by Starkey?
Thanks for any further info!

Oticon has had a Music program available for a number of years, which was quite well received.

With the introduction of the More product featuring a new processor, they developed the nre MyMusic program exclusively for it.
This tech paper exlplains the reasoning behind the change from the Original Music program to the MyMusic program in detail:

Here.

For the Starkey whitepaper, you’d have to know the model number, and do a google search on Starkey model XXXX whitepaper.

Well this week I have at long last managed to have a remote session with a very skilled lady from Oticon using the “Oticon Remote Care” app. Very impressive indeed! To cut a long story short she fixed it. At last I can hear my choir and the pipe organ I play - dare I even suggest that it is better than the old Opn music setting?

2 Likes