Oticon Genie 2023.1 - four new Real models

Oticon Genie 2 Updater should be ready to take you to version 2023.1 which includes 4 new models (two RITE models and two BTE models);

2 Likes

Click the link below to see how to check the Genie 2 Updater status in your Windows Sys Tray.

1 Like

@pvc On my W10 Dell desktop, I don’t get the Updater in the Sys tray.
When I open Genie2 and Click on Help, Check for Updates is greyed out.
I copied the Updater.exe file from the Oticon Updater folder into the Genie2 folder, but it won’t still won’t open!!

On my Lenovo laptop, I get the Updater icon in the sys tray, but it doesn’t open, either.
I’m stuck in da mud!
HELPPPP!

EDIT:
I guess I’m a ID-10-T!
I Right clicked on the Updater install file, and clicked Run as Administrator, and the baby is updating as I convey this bit of wisdom.

Check if you get Genie Updater in your Windows Sys Tray after installing Oticon Genie2 2023.1

Yeah, I will.
Don’t know why it didn’t on the last one.
Install complete, yes.
OK, it’s there.
I’ll check my laptop later!

No, I’m 2 miles from the beach, so just lotsa rain!

Can I get a link to download the latest version of Genie 2? I’m test-driving the Oticon Real, and want to understand how much I’m able to configure without relying on an audiologist. I will pay this forward, of course.

Done. Please check your private messages!

Hi there, just remember if you want to actually make any permanent changes, you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device.
Check out the genie user guide as well.

Hi, could I also get this link please to the Oticon Genie program? I am trialing Oticon Real 1s as we speak and would like to understand all the options my HCP has at her disposal. I understand I need Noah if I want to go the DIY route later – a very real possibility since my HCP is 1 1/2 hours away.

Also, I have only Macs in the house. It sounds like Genie is a Windows only program? Does anyone know if it has any issues if I run it in a Windows VM under Mac?

Thanks very much, Drew

Hi there, sure no problem, but it’s the Noahlink wireless or NW for short you want.

Yes you can run windows on a MacBook with bootcamp or any ot the other virtual machines available, Intel-based only not arm-based tho, NW also has an issue with with Arm processes.

https://www.himsa.com/support/noahlink-wireless-knowledgebase/preparing-for-noahlink-wireless/arm-based-windows-not-supported-for-noahlink-wireless-or-noah/

Many thanks! Software installed without any issue, and going through the final update to 2023.1.

@tenkan Thanks for help - I ordered the Noahlink Wireless device (and thanks to the sometimes miracle that is Amazon, it should be here momentarily).

Thanks very much. I have the code downloaded now. I have a 2014 MacBook Pro Retina which is all Intel inside. I’ll try one of the free VMs first and move on to installing Bootcamp if that doesn’t work. Right now, I just want to look at and understand all the settings since my HCP is new to the Real 1. Longer term, I’d like to try the DIY route.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello everybody, can I also get a link to download the latest version of Oticon Genie 2 Software? Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the forum,sure but don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for DIY projects, what models are you using at the moment.

Check out the user guides as well.

Firenzel, I need the latest Genie 2 as well. My 2022 version will not update for some reason. Thanks in advance!

So looks like the old version will not update via the updater and now my Noahlink wirless wont connect any longer. Can I get a PM from someone with a link to the 2023 version of Genie please? thx

Hi there, oh bummer that’s not good, but no worries you’ll be up and running in no time.

Hi there, I am in same boat as others. I would like a link to download 2023 genie software. I know i need NW to adjust, at this point still getting used to my Oticon Real, but had a NW before as i used to self program my Phonak HA’s. My Real’s are so new I’ll give AuD a chance to do her thing, but I want to be more informed of options available as she doesn’t show me screen while programming, as most patients probably aren’t interested in what all is adjustable on this aid.

1 Like

Hi there, sure but have you read the user guide here, very handy as well.