Hearing Aid Fitting DIY School and Fitting Software

Yep, it’s here. Just scroll up to the very top of this thread/topic find and click a blue link named Fitting Software Links and Sources…

After clicking the link, please read the PDF file named (01 Fitting Software Links and Sources)
and you will find that Oticon Genie2 2022.1 is readily available there. Tip: click blue links.

Oticon Genie/Genie2 is no longer readily available. Use the community share procedure.

Perhaps your browser is not setup to automatically read PDF files and maybe it will download the PDF file named (01 Fitting Software Links and Sources). So perhaps it’s in your download folder?

I’m sorry, my mistake - I requested the wrong file. I was looking for 2020.1 version. Nevertheless, thank you for your prompt response.

Do you want the 2020.1 version with (both Genie + Genie2) before Oticon started distributing the Genie2-only version beginning with 2020.2 version.

ETA: Oticon (Genie2 for newer/current) Oticon hearing aids was decoupled from Oticon (Genie for older/legacy) beginning with the 2020.2 version. If you don’t already have the older Genie and you do want both versions, then you must install the older/combined version Genie2 2020.1 Genie+Genie2 2018.2 and then allow time for Genie2 to be updated by Genie Updater in Windows Sys Tray. But if you already have Genie then don’t worry about the decoupling. Just simply update what you already have using the Genie Updater in Windows Sys Tray.

I have the Mini Pro USB but hadn’t used it in quite a while. When I turned it on it showed a 2018 Genie version and didn’t automatically update. And the Updater in the sys tray didn’t work either. So, I’m sure I need the 2020.1 version with both Genie and Genie2.

Find the Genie Updater in your Windows Sys Tray which is located on the bottom right of your computer monitor/screen;

1. Click the up arrow in your Sys Tray to show Sys Tray overflow (if any)
  2. Right mouse-button-click the Genie Updater Updater icon
  3. Select Check for update

c1

Now, check your Genie Updater status icon against the three Genie Updater status icons that I just happened to display in the background of this screen clip.

Now you should know what Genie Updater is doing (no updates, new update available, or downloading an update)?

Stopped responding yesterday since forum wouldn’t allow me to send any more PM’s (max’d out).
Nevertheless, thanks for trying.

Oh, okay. I think you should update Genie first before you get into connecting your hearing aids.

Hi,
I’m looking for Target 6.2 software.

Thanks
John C

1 Like

HMm; The current version of Target at this point in time is 7.3. I’m curious to know if you want an older version of Target for a specific reason? For example; The newer versions of Phonak Target doesn’t support Phonak’s obsolete proprietary wireless fitting device, (iCube). Therefore, you would need to use an older version of Target (version 6.1 or earlier) in order to support iCube. Otherwise you should use the current version Target 7.3.

Read your PM.

good afternoon, I’m looking for an oasis . to bernafon. hopefully someone can give you the software. thanks

Check your private messages.

1 Like

Tip: Bernafon (OasisNXT for newer/current) Bernafon hearing aids was decoupled from Bernafon (Oasis for older/legacy) beginning with the 2020.1 version. If you don’t already have the older Oasis and you do want both versions, then you must install the older/combined version Oasis+OasisNXT 2019 before updating to this later decoupled version of OasisNXT.

Good Morning,
I need a program for unitron.
I hope anyone has it and share it together,please :grin:
I beg and thank you

Tip: Unitron TrueFit 5.1.0 is for Unitron hearing aids; Also, there is also a Unitron Ufit2.3 for older/legacy Unitron hearing aids.

Hi all,
The Genie2 2022.1 is no longer on Canada site. It required user to register and log in.

I am looking for a link to Genie2 2022.1.
Can anyone please share?

Thank you

I am also looking for a link to Genie2 2022.1.

Hello! A google search has led me here! I am interested in self-programming my Phonak hearing aids, and figured that this was the place to ask for the software. I believe I need Phonak Target, I have the Audeo Paradise hearing aids.

Thanks a lot in advance, I’ll be sure to look around here for more information to learn of course :slight_smile:

I am also looking for a link to Genie2 2022.1.

Don’t seem to be any audiologists in Ireland that support it.

So I am going to have to go my own way

@alpine1 Also, you might want to read a DIY School PDF file named (05 Buying Rechargeable Hearing Aids) because some/most of the rechargeable hearing aids (Phonak included) seem to be built for disposal after the batteries run down.

Maybe that’s a harsh statement? But I don’t know what else to call it? At the end of battery life (4 or 5 years) you can choose to send it in for expensive factory repair. But the price of factory repair will be similar to the value of your used rechargeable hearing aids. So what do you do with it? You can’t sell it unless you want to stick someone else with the problem. Or maybe you can look at the bright side? Maybe we can find a way to replace the batteries?