Oticon ConnectClip 1.1 is lowering the audio volume by itself

Hi everyone. I’m testing the Oticon Xceed, so far, it’s pretty good. But I have an issue with the ClipConnect 1.1.

When I connect it to my phone (Android) or my computer, sometimes the volume of the Bluetooth connection (in my phone/computer) will lower alone. For example, I’m listening to music, and suddenly the volume will lower from 35 to 30, even if I’m not touching anything.
It seems to happen specially when the audio stops and resumes. Like when switching between songs, or when a show episode finishes and the next starts to play.

By itself it’s not a big deal, I definitely can survive having to readjust the volume, but it’s kinda bothersome and I’d like to fix it. Someone else with the same issue or any clue on how to fix it?

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum. I have no such issues with my ConnectClip. I have no fixes to suggest.

[Maybe the volume is dropping because the ConnectClip is being paired with an Android phone?]

1 Like

I use my ConnectClip every day to connect to my work laptop and stream Teams calls and listen to audio. I have not experience any decrease in volume throughout the days. I would see if maybe a firmware update is needed.

Doesn’t seem so, I have turned off my Android Bluetooth and the volume still drops down in my PC.

Hmm. I’ll have to check with my audiologist, a firmware update might solve it, indeed. Or maybe the ConnectClip is defective somehow?

1 Like

The latest rev of f/w is 1.3, so that could solve your issue, as the 1.1 was originally for the OPN.

I only have experience with an iPhone and two Mac computers with my ConnectClip. My Clip is identified as 1.1 but that is not the firmware version. In my case, the HA fitter updated the firmware using Genie to version 1.13.0. Last time I checked with the firmware updater in Genie (2020.1_SP), 1.13.0 was listed as current. You can check that yourself if you install Genie on a Windows PC and connect the ConnectClip to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.

In my case, I have to use a Sennheiser BTD 800 bluetooth dongle with one Mac in order for the ConnectClip to work correctly with my OPN S 1 aids and the computer (it works fine without the dongle with a different model Mac). My provider ordered a ConnectClip for me as soon as they became “available” (it came after a LONG wait) for use with my previous OPN (1) aids - it came with the dongle but in a separate box. The technical data sheet for the ConnectClip suggest using the BTD 800 if you have issues. The dongle is seen as an audio device by the computer and it implements the Bluetooth version and profiles needed to work with the ConnectClip. Apparently the built-in bluetooth in one Mac I have doesn’t correctly implement something the ConnectClip needs.

The BTD 800 dongle is normally for connecting wireless Sennheiser headsets to computers running applications like call center software. Jabra includes a similar dongle for their high end headsets to ensure they “just work” without relying on a correct implementation of what the headset needs in the computer Bluetooth adapter and software stack.

Good luck in figuring out the issue.

I have the same problem with Connectclip when connect to different computers - my Intel iMac 2019 (with BootCamp Windows) and Windows PC at work. When I watch webinars, Connectclip lower computer volume by itself.