Oticon Chili

The instrument feels really sturdy, the battery drawer seems to be more
resistant.

xbulder have you seen the little edge in the battery case? how long will that last…? it’s so tiny and slim, i think it gets broken many times…

i can make photos of Chili vs. Naida SP tomorrow if I have time when i’ in office…

But so far the quality is so gooooood, Naida’s have really to fight…

I will start fitting soon. Quite soon, for me I like to see how Floating linear gain
would work for severe to profound losses. In the profound looses Frequency transposition
could make sense. So I like to see how DSESP would work.

So far so good.

By the way… The label in the battery drawer is bigger. the rise 1 men it was tiny!

sonor/zildjian, how about photos? :cool:

I will post them tomorrow I promise…

Thank you! Any and all information/photos on the Chili are much appreciated.

:slight_smile:

Guys… As promise… A sumo and a chilli SP 13 next to each other…
It is small the Naida Killer

WOW! Yes, it is Naida killer! Phonak will be angry!

Thanks for the pictures. I assume the Chili is thinner as well?

It is thinner… It feels sturdy and well constructed…

So, xbulder, are you dispensing the Chili yet? Is it starting to be rolled out in the US?

I’ve seen the first fitted user today for a short visit. He was so excited about the discrimination he has now- and the possibility to use the streamer! So far it seems that the FLG works very well! Coming from a Sumo DM he noticed a BIG change…let’s see how it proceeds in the next weeks…

@russiandeaf: i will post the Naida vs. Chili photos as soon as i have time to get the camera and the 2 instruments…be patient!

It will be out soon. Floating linear gain works real well. Even the basic SP5 works better than the Sumo DM
It is a NAIDA KILLER for sure

Talked with my audi today and she said the Chili will be available soon. I plan a trial this winter. :slight_smile:

Sumo XP (same size as Sumo DM) vs. Chili vs. Naida SP

Chili vs. Sumo XP vs. Naida SP

since one week I am trying the new chili. I added my old acrylic ear molds with thin layer of gold (i love them, comfortable wearing!)

Here my experience…

the poti seem to be ancient, handling needs to take some time. Yet I use no streamer or other accessory. ( I am interested in bluetooth connections) I had to take them off to control the number [I tried Naidas 9SP for several months, perhaps they are my criterion yet. It is more comfortable for control]
Music ( I am violin player) WONDERFUL !!! no artefacts, clean tone! Beethoven is crying in heaven :slight_smile: much more better than Naidas.
Pottery clack clack in kitchen: toooooo loud, like cutting sharply in the ears. On the other hand turning down the poti speech understanding I do feel to silent.
My barking dog: omg, too loud just so.
feedback control: a bit less faithfully as Naidas but it’s ok, You may not kiss me !!! That shrieks :smiley: my audio has more closen the vent.Thats not the best idea for me, because I am hoh up to 1000 Hz. What do you mean? With Naidas in my ears I could sleep on my pillow without any pipe sound.
Birds singing??? I dont hear any, perhaps they are sleeping because of the cold and grey weather here in Munic:-)

some days later: better familiarization, good understanding in conference (20 people in different speech manner), relaxedly understanding particular persons, very good music sound. I am more satisfied.
I think it could be a rivalry to Naida 9 SP. My opinion, the Chili is very good for those who have an almost even loss of hearing. Those can use closed ear molds . In that way the feedback manager works good. For my hearing loss, it requires an open fit for my good deep frequencies. In this way the feedback in the Naidas were the better solution. But for a musician, the Chili is the best choice ever.
What shall I do… I am in a state of confusion…:confused:

I hope you can understand my bad grammar. Any more questions?.. ask me !
Byebye

Thank you for the pictures! I might be mistaken but the Chili looks almost large enough to house a 675 battery. It appears similar in size to the Nadia but clearly smaller than the Sumo. I am missing something or seeing things?

Thank you! A couple questions from your post.

1. Thin layer of gold? What do you mean?
  2. poti seems ancient? Again - in what way?
  3. Ear-molds: Do you mean a pressure vent? Open fit?! :confused:

Thank you again!

misleading info… chili should be consider to Naida ULTRA POWER
there are 1 db apart…

to no1: yes, long time ago I wanted otoplastics looking like jewelry :slight_smile: they are normal acrylic molds and after testing them a time I let them cover with real gold and some Swarowsky stones. They are my best otoplastics without pain and allergic reaction. (I have more, ladies like several shoes :rolleyes: and me, I have my eyecatcher in the ears, people are looking very interested, really!)
to no 2: Chili user must rotate a little wheel for loudness, you can see it on the photos above in the other post. Due to moving (head, hands on your hair etc) the wheels could change the position unintentionally. But perhaps this can be solved by handy or other tool. On Naida there is something like a digital seesaw ( I dont know the technical name), it is easier to be gripped by hand, you know exactly the level of loudness. On the Chili you must take the HA off, and have a look on the number wether it is right or not.
to no3: I have 2 vents: one for the plastic tube, one for air ventilation (innerside 3mm /outside 6mm) what is also necessary for free passing frequencies I can hear naturally. If this is closed, the feedback on Chili seems under better control, but the hearing aid must power the deep frequencies too, that sounds bad for ME :frowning: