Oticon Chili

I am profound. But in my opinion is that number wheel is out-of-date. Only Oticon using this, but all other companies turned to full digital systems with wireless and remote controls. And… all my old analogue Oticon hearing aids died only because the wheel was broken.

Here are many news out there about Chili and Safari SuperPower and also about Acto, the new mid-class instrument from Oticon, with the rise 2 chip, but not as many features as agil…

Acto should be VIGO + audiometer + mini rite style = if this is true- this will be a BIG
dissapointment. Acto should have @ least, 8 channels and multiband directionality
and Acto pro should be Epoq W + Connect+

So Chili will only be a BTE Style? No other styles? Any pictures? More info?

Oticon has updated their website with information on the Chili. Pics here:

http://oticon.com/Consumers/Products/Hearing%20Instruments/Chili/Colours.aspx

In the UK Chili has 3 models with the top end product being just under £1000 to audiologists! 143dB Peak MPO and 82dB gain. The SP9 (top model) does have almost all the same features as Agil. Analogue VC wheel though,s o no binuaral co-ordination of volume.

agil - less bandwith (6khz) = Chilli

No thin tube or receiver-in-ear option. I pass.

Most of Phonak’s hearing aids have a Real Ear Sound option (natural sound orientation). Have Chili this or analogic option, and how it called? If no, my disappointment by Chili will be great!

It is call front focus, it is part of every rise 1 and rise 2 instrument…

As a matter of fact, Oticon offers binaural compression (agil pro, Chilli SP9 and Epoq XW or dual XW) which restores inter aural level
difference. This improve sound localization…

Only top-end models? My Naida V UP is mid-range, and it contains Real Ear Sound…
FrontFocus is not mentioned in any datasheet of RISE aids. Is FrontFocus an analog of Real Ear Sound? Or it is analog of AudioZoom?

Today I had my hands on a Chili, men they are small. For those familiar with the Oticon
Jump-1 instruments (Atlas, tego, Sincro, Safran and go pro) Chili is as big as those but
packs some serious power. The instrument feels sturdy with ticker than normal plastic.
I will put some pictures soon

My audi is going to Oticon training in Washington state next month. Hopefully they will have more info for her. In the meantime, keep us informed please.

If you can please make image of Chili with other HA (for example Naida UP, Sumo DM or other) for comparison of the sizes

I can have Chili vs Sumo or Swift 120
I post them end of next week

With Sumo please!

xbulder, don’t forget! ))

Here i compared a Sumo XP (same size as Sumo DM) with Chili. it might not look that impressive but there is a BIG difference in size! I’ve seen Safari SP fitted on a child today and they are very good shaped for such small ears…Sumo would have fallen off the ear or at least moved it away from the head…

WOW! How small is it!!! I think Chili much smaller than my Naida UP. Chili will be a Naida killer.