Oticon Chili

Agil will come soon. It will be available @ EUHA.
It will probably come in different price points which be great.
My guess

1. Premium - All agil pro features (full wireless)
  2. Mid - Agil pro minus wireless
  3. entry- Basic super power multi channel instrument only wireless streaming

Any updates for Chili? I’ve heard that SUMO is remaining as UP product and Chili for now only covers SP ranges…let’s see. in germany there should have been roadshows since the end of august but i haven’t seen any official notice…don’t know if it’s true…i’m waiting for beeing updated…seems good old europe is first…

it is a sumo replacement with #13 batery… meant to compete with naida
phonak will really suffer

It will cover up to 120dbhl on a #13 battery. It will have Agil processing- Spacial sound 2, speech guard and connect +. From WDH presentation, I can infer it will come in 3 price points. My guess- Premium full agil features, mid high- speech guard + conectplus
entry level - Connect plus only–> this my wild guess is that this product will be
call Forza

If they can pull this off this will be a very very popular product

it won’t replace Sumo totally…because it’s not ultrapower! Naida SP has 75 dB (2cc) and UP has 82 dB, same as Sumo DM. Chili will have 1/2 dB more than the Naida SP…so it is the strongest SP instrument on the market like Oticon claimes…

the rise power instruments covers already up to 100 dbhl. It would not make sense to
have something just a tad more powerfull. I still think it will be a full replacement
for sumo

@xbulder: it definitly makes sense- they can’t get 84 dB with a 13 battery, so they have to make a) a new UP-aid or b) take Sumo DM as UP. The market for UP-aids is decreasing because of Cochlear-Implants. They did for shure a feasibility study with a negative result, so they only developed a SP-aid. But let’s see what it really looks like and what the definitve tech dats are…

their investor presentation said, the most powerful aid ever… I wonder about battery life.
Oticon DO need a new super power if they really want to be leaders in paediatrics- There are many places
in the world where there is virtually no access to CI the cost is simply to high

SP: yes; UP: no!

I will have all the chilli details BY tomorrow!
Chili is out tomorrow!!!

chili will be more powerful than Naida UP

All that power without a good feedback control circuit (i.e. Nadia) will really go to waste. The Sumo feedback control is ancient technology and did not work for me.

Has Oticon addressed the feedback issue in their announcements or literature?

Thanks In Advance for any info.

It will probably have the new FDC2 which is standart in the rise2

Please include ear-mold options for the Chili. I also have feedback concerns with a RITE aid/hard shell design. Many thanks!

Chili is a BTE

Okay - got it and glad to hear that! :slight_smile: Can’t wait for more info because a traditional BTE does function best for us severely HOH people. You’re right, this could be big. :wink: I mean small! The market for this type of aid grows every day. I know from personal experience! :eek:

I am very disappointed by ANALOGUE volume control in Oticon Chili!!! My Naida’s has a digital volume control, and this is best.

Some people like to see the number wheel … Specially severe to profund…

Phonak aren’t stupid.

They fitted the analogue control based on research with many power hearing aid users.