NOAHLINK Wireless - PHONAK iCube

Well, I have asked several times before and if this question goes unanswered this time, I will no longer visit this forum.

My question is regarding the programming of the PHONAK B-50 Direct. Here is the question: Is the PHONAK iCube an equivalent to the NOAHLINK Wireless?

I would have thought there would be an answer by now, but after about a year, I still have no answer.

If anyone knows and gives an answer, I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Update: the iCube(or iCube 2) is not compatible with Phonak Audeo B-Direct.

No it’s not, for programming B50 you can use icube ll.

Phonak Marvel and Audeo direct can use noahlink

https://www.phonakpro.com/nz/en/products/other-products/noahlink-wireless/overview-noahlink-wireless.html

I have both the iCubeII and the iCube. Neither will “find” the PHONAK Audeo B-50 Direct instruments.

That’s interesting! The iCube and iCubeii are both PHONAK Products!

As stated you need to use the noahlink for Audeo direct. I sent a link for your reference.

Target should be telling you this as soon as you try to connect your HAs what version of target are you using?

What @menglxs ment was they “are” compatible with Phonak.

Well, I’;m not spending a bunch more. That makes no sense requiring NOAHLINK to program a PHONAK product. Somewhere, there must be some accurate information.

Forgot to mention…I have Target 6.0. It says nothing about using a NOAHLINK. It’s a PHONAK product, too.

It does tell you which programming device is compatible or not compatible.

You really need to spend some time with Target learning about it before asking questions.

Actually just be careful about the exact device you are referring to, NOAHlink and Noahlink are 2 different devices, the one you want is in my previous link. Don’t get the NOAHlink!
When you open target you do get an option to change fitting devices.

As stated by what/who?

How are NOAHLINK and NOAHlink different? This is all bull dung. I can’t find an audiologist in this area who knows a rock from a hearing aid. Very, very frustrating!

These answers don’t help, either!

I have not found it to do much at all. When trying to connect, it sits there for an eternity.

Yep and that’s exactly what’s going to keep happening until you connect the correct programming device.

Actually they do, you just need to take the time to read through the answers given.

Here follow this link and everything you ever wanted to know about anything is available, LMGTFY
As it seems you were asking these same questions back in Oct 2019. Use the search button here on hearing tracker, you’ll find it helpful.
DIY - How to Self Program the Phonak Audéo B

That was my original question! The reason I was asking bak in 2019 was the same reason I am asking now! I never received a “Yes” or “No” answer.

At least, you have answered my question, albeit indirectly. I have been able to conclude that the NOAHLINK Wireless is NOT equivalent to either the iCUBE or the iCUBE II.

Thanks for the links.

Well, I have other things going right now, so the time spending will have to wait.

Looks like I need the Noalink Wireless. The iCUBE and iCUBE II cannot program the Audeo B-50 Direct. Another PHONAK oddity.

No, it’s not an oddity. The Belong Direct/Marvel aids are just newer than the iCubes. All hearing aids are changing, not just Phonak. Wireless is slowly coming together. Hopefully the Noahlink Wireless will be the go to programmer like the HiPro used to be for just about all aids.

This is pretty simple stuff that is readily available on Target if you read it. Programming is a bunch more challenging than simple connections to aids.

If you have other things going on that won’t let you take the time to learn how to program your aids, maybe programming is not for you. It takes effort on your part, not just asking questions from others. Most of us who self program put a lot of effort into it on our own.

7 Likes

Okay. Thanks for the information! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Has anyone used the iCube with Target 6.2.6? I see that the iCube II is listed but not the iCube.

I dusted off my old iCube and tried to connect with a USB cable but Target doesn’t detect it. Oddly enough, Target is able to reset the iCube because the lights go on as expected during reset.
I went back to the old iPFG software and was able to detect and connect to the iCube so I know it’s working.
I have Audeo Q70 HAs which I program just fine with my HiPro and cables but every once in a while I would like to do a quick tweak while I am wearing the HAs by using the iCube. My other option is to sell the iCube and get the iCube II or Noahlink.