New Phonak's on August 9th?

I think possibly a custom rechargeable as well (but in the lumity line). BUT, phonak is being tight lipped and now right at the end I’m wondering if I got my hopes up higher than called for and will be brutally disappointed.

But no, I know it’s a new RIC at the very least. And they are pushing hard on the launch, seem to be spending money. I think THEY think they’ve got something good this round.

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting a long time for the new custom, if it’s really announced in August I hope I have it by September.

I am grateful I have the Phonak Audeo Paradise P90Rs. I’m 2+ years away from getting my next hearing aids through workman’s compensation. I’m confident that Phonak will have even better RIC hearing aids by then. I hope that my hearing is not much worse by then, or I’ll need the Nadia? hearing aids (BTE)

PM sent…thanks Neville.

Thanks Neville. Every forum has different rules

I’ve been on the Corvette forum over 20 years. Miata almost as long. Dpreview a long time. POTN. too But they shut that down.

I’m getting by with my B70 HA. I like the sound Better. Don’t hear as well.

Is there any reason a new aid could not support Bluetooth classic and Auracast? It’s likely not either or but it would need to be updated to a newer Bluetooth version.

I thought it has backwards compatibility, but it’s possible to have both on a single device.

I think devices like phones and laptops tend to have backwards compatibility. I’m unaware of any hearings aids having that capability as of yet. Yes it’s theoretically possible to have both BT Classic and Auracast but there is limited space to cram the electronics in. To best of my knowledge, Phonak (Sonova) is the only one to support Bluetooth Classic. Other major brands are either using LE Audio or other BT LE solutions (Made for iPhone and ASHA)

2 Likes

In my dreams it’ll be a size 13-battery Lumity Life.

LOL. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I’m no techie, but I would anticipate connection issues if both Classic Bluetooth and LE Auracast are on the same aids. I’m not even sure all the bugs have been worked out with aids having ONLY LE Auracast on them. I had to return the new Oticon Intent aids cuz they simply would never reliably stay connected to my Android Samsung Flip4 phone.

Sadly, I have little faith in Phonak doing that. Their track record speaks for itself.

Peter

2 Likes

https://www.phonak.com/en-int/campaign/are-you-in

Very big promises for ‘revolutionary’ noise suppression…

3 days? 3 days to go

Wow, can’t wait.

WH

1 Like
1 Like

Maybe they’ve rented Sphere in Las Vegas and will light it up in green. Probably because the new model is called the Audeo Sphere.

1 Like

I see the infinity symbol in use which brings “infinio” to mind. Cool.

WH

They have absolutely rented Sphere. :laughing:

2 Likes

It gets interesting :laughing::innocent:

Is anyone else thinking of the old Michael Crichton book/movie?

That Paris clip above -if this is real-time audio processing that HAs can do, not playing with the microphones- is extremely impressive. Now where I live, in the quiet suburbs, there is not much traffic. Would be nice to have other examples with other types of noise, like someone sitting in a busy bar, background music. Sound clips are far more informative than those sleek marketing videos. But why do we see (hear) this on LinkedIn and Fakebook rather than on the company website?

This conversation suggests the noise reduction concerns speech vs non-speech noise (only):

https://www.reddit.com/r/HearingAids/comments/1ehoqr3/new_phonak_audeo_sphere/

I am still not sure if this is truly achieved by “IA on a chip”. IA sounds a bit like the “fuzzy logic” hype a couple of decades ago… While its application to produce far superior chess and go software is crystal-clear, whether all electronics from toasters onward will now improve is unclear to me.

This is an example of using Samsung Galaxy AI to make clearer voices. I think it is based on NPU on the newer Samsung smartphones.

So maybe something similar is possible in HAs?

1 Like