New myPhonak app

I’m grateful that it’s better than before.
I’ve only had the app for a few days, and haven’t been using my phone this weekend. I’ll see if it stays connected or not…my Paradise P90’s are rechargeable. Let me see if I keep my phone close to my hearing aids if they stay connected.

Not sure if this is relevant to your usage of the App, but when I open the App while “DEVICES” is selected I will see the Disconnected notice. However, when I open the App with “HOME” selected I never receive the Disconnected notification.

David

Everyones complaining about the app.

I have Phonak cros p and they have not even
set up the app for these aids.

For the last months I have been getting a message that they are working on it.
Does anyone know when the app will be available for the cros p.

Someone posted on the Phonak HA FB Page that she works for Phonak and hasn’t been given a date yet. She normally hears a year in advance. Not sure how true that is.

massage to Phonak !

PLEASE GIVE ME THE OLD APP BACK … PLEASE !

2 Likes

I don’t like the direction phonak has taken. I consider the installation of a heart rate sensor and the number of steps as an unnecessary addition to a hearing aid, because you can pay much cheaper for such things if you buy a sports bracelet or a sports watch that gives you much more options for sports activities or normal activities if you need to monitor your health.

And the hearing aid is too expensive for such a thing, I would prefer that phonak focused more on other possibilities that a hearing aid needs.

9 Likes

@markoo355
I agree with all that you said !
And Please remove all the unnecessary messages and help screens
Maybe they should have two different apps one for new users and people that want all the extra things and another one for people that just want to use the hearing aids

But I would just like the old app back !

2 Likes

I just use it to adjust my aids, when sn adjustment is needed. The rest is nonsense.

4 Likes

There are two devices in play here. One is the App, the other of your HA. To join one to the other requires handshaking and a continuous connection. A continuous connection uses power. To save power the phone, via the App, will disconnect. The program, set by the App, has been selected on the HA.
When you next open the App it will then connect with the phone and you may reset the program.
I had exactly the same issue with my wire-free security Cams. They do their business independent from the base station but if I want to view a camera the base station wakes up the camera first.

2 Likes

I contacted Phonak for an App issue and they gave me a very polite brush off. Basically they don’t want to engage with their users. They told me to contact my Audiologist. So guys, plague your Audis.

@roybrocklebank Did you phone Phonak UK CS?

No, and I think via the website live chat or similar:

“We would therefore request that in the first instance you kindly direct your enquiry to your Audiologist or Hearing Centre as they hold records of your individual hearing status and communication requirements.”

So, go for it. Pester power.

1 Like

If I connect, then use my phone Pardise P90R’s and I check, I’m disconnected from the app on my iPhone SE.

DaveL

If you check closely the settings you put in previously remain the same. For instance if I’m streaming the settings I applied for the streaming are still there and haven’t changed even though the app says disconnected. There seems like there could have been a better way for phonak to handle this. Maybe less time counting footsteps which seems ridiculous for a hearing aid app. I also don’t think harassing the audiologist is the way to go. Keep calling phonak. It’s their app

1 Like

Dave, not sure what you mean.

In my case, if I make a phone call (Android) it goes ahead. If I then check the App it is disconnected and then connects. That seems normal. In other words BT for the phone and BT for the App are too different connections.

In my phone settings I have two paired devices. One is my RB Right for calls and media audio ON THE Phone.
The other is LE_RB Right which I read as a second Low Energy BT connection for the APP.

I have had previous issues where the App will connect with the HA but the Phone is not linked for calls, hence I believe we are looking at two quite different comms streams.

1 Like

You got it 20 characters

yes, when I updated the app, it was able to read data back to my last firmware update on the HAs.

Cant beleive how awful the new app is. Is this supposed to be an improvement.

@briangwest

I agree with you … The only good thing is the faster connection.
The rest of the “NEW” is just too much “advertiseing” for the Health things.

The old app had everything you needed on one screen
Now you have to navigate to several different screens to look for what you need

I agree. The health thing is over the top. Plenty of that stuff on “Apple World” if you want it. They should just stick with hearing aid. I am still getting accustomed to the new interface. It is different enough to require some re-education. One thing I have NOT been able to figure out is the MUTE ICON. By default, when you connect to the app it seems to initialize in the muted mode (slash across the speaker icon) and I must constantly un-mute it. Regardless, I can’t really distinguish what effect it’s actually having. I have noted that if I leave mute ON while I’m wearing a headset it causes a constant wheee, wheee, wheee pulsation on the right side. UN-MUTING actually causes the feedback to stop. ??? I am also getting fairly regular warnings that my P-90’s have lost their Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth has always been wonky for me, requiring frequent re-pairing of devices like my phone, my iPad and my portable speakers. I hope this version doesn’t make this worse! Time will tell.

1 Like