New firmware Oticon Real 1.1.0

I just updated the firmware of my Real 1, so far no issues.
This seems to be the first update from firmware 1.0

4 Likes

Genie 2.2023 brought a new firmware update to the Reals.
They are now on 1.1.0

2 Likes

Is this the new firmware to fix the ConnectClip issue? Is there an update note on what all the issues the new firmware fixes?

Genie 2.2023 …mail : 02max20@naver.com plz.

I searched for some time but could not find any notes about the update.

I was notified directly by Oticon that the 1.1.0 firmware is supposed to address the ConnectClip issue. I got it installed several days ago and so far, the audio drop-outs have not returned. It’s too early to say that this firmware definitely fixes the problem, but so far so good.

1 Like

Thanks @darylm ! I assume that maybe the title in the thread with 1.0.1 should be 1.1.0 instead?

1 Like

The latest version is 1.1.0, but the previous version was 1.0.1, so it was correct at the time.

I will keep the heading updated.
Thanks for the suggestion.

3 Likes

I just got my real 1 last month, I’m not sure what version I had before but I will say 1.1.0 seems a little more natural sounding with this version than whatever I had before, although my Dr. said the firmware update was just to fix the connectivity. I’m not sure what ver I had before, either they made it sound slightly better, or more likely it’s just that I am getting more used to them, and they seem to sound more natural to me now. Are there firmware release notes from v1.0?

2 Likes

hi, am on ver 1.0.1 but for some reason my genie 2 stays on ver 2022.1.0 is there a trick to update genie?

There should be an updater in the lower right section of your screen where you also can remove usb sticks for example. Isn’t there also an option directly in Genie?

You use the Genie updater, this can be found in the system tray, right click on it and you get a pop up for some options.
It usually alerts you to any updates, after closing genie and then close and restart your PC

The updater icon is present. When I click on it I select “check for update” then after few seconds replies with “no update found”. I have restarted the computer the router and no luck. Is there a way to download the update manually?

A new firmware has just been released.

When updating Genie says under What Is New that 1.1.1 provides “General updates for improved connectivity and performance.”

The Oticon page does not provide any info on the present update so far.
Maybe Bluetooth connection improvements?
You have to update via the genie software. After updating the software to 2024.1, the firmware update will become available.