Need a new hearing aid: Is this true that there is no CROS L for Phonak NAIDA Lumity UP? I'm mad as hell about this

I mean, maybe I’ve misjudged your age actually. Are you young?

@Neville - No. I am 44. With long-established hearing loss and hearing aid prescriptions since I was 3 years old. I don’t appreciate somebody spamming me about Phonak when I clearly, multiple times, explained why my loss will not be accommodated by the Audeos. It seems to me that a lack of willingness to understand another’s perspective and hearing loss and continues to spam the Phonak brand even after multiple attempts to communicate an alternative preference is the one who is immature.

Not the other way around. I know the internet and I know spam bots and that poster sure acted like a spam bot to me.

@Don is a long time member of this forum. Through the years he has helped many. He is also the furthest thing from a spammer.
There is no need to be mean or talk bad about him.
Try checking a person’s profile before degrading them.

Sometimes, especially on the internet, if you don’t like what someone says, a good leaving alone goes a long ways. If you don’t have the discipline to ignore, the website has a nice ignore feature which can hide users’ posts so you don’t have to see them. Save yourself the stress and just let it go.

WH

Then I would suggest that Don listens to what someone says about their hearing loss and accept it as fact the first time before repeatedly yelling about all other models of the brand that has already been determined by multiple audiologists that won’t work for someone else’s hearing loss, especially when Phonak discontinues support for CROS units on the only model line that works for them. I’m already dealing with my hearing aid + CROS that broke; now I am also having to deal with finding another audiologist that’s not married to Phonak as well as another brand that’s not Phonak so I can have my same model hearing aid. I don’t need someone harassing me about every other model in the universe that doesn’t work.

Continuing to do so otherwise just paints themselves as a brand rep trying to do damage control when a weakness about a brand is communicated.

I’ve already fired Phonak and purchased Oticon hearing aids. Trying to scream about Phonak constantly won’t change my decision and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

They are now on ignore.

Thank you for this, @WhiteHat. The ignore function was not obvious and I’m not about to go to someone’s profile who has rubbed me the wrong way.

Thanks again.

CI isn’t such one-way ticket. If (after training) you find that the sound isn’t satisfactory you don’t have to wear sound processor. However, most CI recipients with similar pure tone audiometry were satisfied.

I don’t know when you talk about it with doctors (probably long time ago, when CIs was much more imperfect) and how recent was their knowledge about newer technology. but I think they take slightly too much warning about sound issues after operation. It is understandable, but on the other hand it prevents you from decision, which can upgrade your comfort of life significantly.

Such warnings I can compare with risks of potential accident of holiday travels - yes, they exist, but the probability is quite low.

I read your previous posts and I have understood that your left ear is totally destroyed by multiple infections. I don’t know anything about your medical charts, you have to check it, but that fact may means that your left labirynthus is also completely destroyed. If so, implantation of CI shouldn’t affect anything about vertigo issues, because labirynth can’t be more damaged.

But, I emphasise it again, you need to check condition of your labirynthi (especially left) in your medical records. If you haven’t any infos about that, it’s worth to procede additional diagnostics.

About “big surgery” - no, it isn’t big, especially comparing to e. g. abdominal or vascular surgery. Yes, a risks always exists, but they are relatively minor comparing with other surgeries and the quite a high probability of upgrading your life.

Of course, it may be other variables about I know nothing. I don’t want to pressure you in CI direction. The purpose of my post is to make you more informed, and making sure you have more up-to-date knowledge.

1 Like