Need a new hearing aid: Is this true that there is no CROS L for Phonak NAIDA Lumity UP? I'm mad as hell about this

Aye @Don they do, but the runtime on the rechargeable Lumity Cros is woeful, a Cros will eat rechargeable batteries, 9 or 10 hours runtime (I believe) that’s not going to cut it for most users! Cheers Kev :wink:

Not on the UP line NAIDAs, which is what I use. Nor do they offer disposable battery CROS. Only rechargeables and only in SP, and only on Audeo, which is not for my loss.

Lumity has UP. Are you saying the Lumity Cros doesnt?

Sigh…please note Phonak’s own paperwork that states this - there is no compatibility for my hearing aid with CROS Lumity. There hasn’t been any compatibility with Paradise, or with Marvels.

Never mind, the cros is the device on the dead ear? It would transmit to the aided ear?so the aided ear would have the UP hearing aid, which could be Audeo Lumity UP or Naida Lumity UP. Is that right?

I cannot use the Audeo. It is not good enough for my loss. I can only use the NAIDAs, which Phonak has excluded me from their CROS line as a user.

That is correct. My dead ear has the CROS, transmitting to the aided ear that has the UP hearing aid.

1 Like

What is the Naida L-PR? Cros is compatible to that.

You would seem to be well within the fitting range for the Lumity UP. I just went from P to UP and the UP are clearer, better for me.

Okay, fine. I don’t care that you won’t read the paperwork I posted that shows NAIDA UP CROS is not available for my loss. Phonak has been fired. As has my former audiologist. I’m an Oticon user now. And forever will be.

1 Like

Click Product information at the bottom of the Cros page. It shows which hearing aids that are compatible.

Just posting again…duhn duhn duhn…maybe it will sink in eventually.

Compatibility with CROS L: NONE!!! WHATSOEVER!!

1 Like

CROS L is compatible with Audéo L-R, Audéo L-RT, Naída L-PR and Sky L-PR
hearing aids,

I give up. Audeo Lumity has UP. I have those. I know exactly what the fitting range is and the battery life.

I don’t use Audeo. I use NAIDA for my specific loss.

You refuse to accept that I was wronged by Phonak. I have laid out the facts. Please stop responding to me.

1 Like

Audeo UP fitting range is way less than the Naida UP fitting range.

The closer you are to the bottom of the fitting range, the more compressed sounds are and things sound so awful.

4 Likes

Exactly. Every post from the Don guy above sounds like a brand rep for Phonak and like they’re trying to do damage control after I spoke out against how horribly they have wronged me by not providing CROS solutions for my loss in the Naida UP range for at least the last two models of hearing aids (Paradise and Lumity).

Audeo UP receiver (RIC) vs. Naida UP BTE

2 Likes

Thanks for the fitting chart.

The UP receivers appears to be well within the OP’s hearing loss unless there is something else going on.
Battery life just might be the only hindrance.
My understanding the Limity will come out with a disposable battery RIC aid soon. It it were the 13 battery it just might work.

1 Like

I recognize that you have limited tolerance for explaining things twice or clarifying.

But please, don’t be mean. One of the things I like about these boards is that they tend to be relatively civil.

5 Likes

@Neville - I wasn’t mean first. It was the other poster (Don) who was mean first. Ignoring my findings and screaming about Phonak this, Phonak that, Audeo this, Audeo that like a Phonak brand rep doing damage control despite my continued pointing to Phonak documents and other audiologists who have corroborated that Phonak dropped me as a customer base several Naida UP models ago that no longer have CROS compatibility.

I think I showed enormous tolerance for someone who completely ignored me and pushed wide compatibility for CROS and the “amazing Phonak brand”…except for when it comes to the Naida UPs when it has been long established for over 10 years that I cannot use any other model than those brands that have similar power outputs.

I call that spam.