My experience with Oticon Xceed 2 demo

That’s funny. I tried them for almost a month and found the bass background to just be tiresome after a while. Don’t get me wrong. I felt i could hear better with them but the background noise was very bass and not natural sounding. Just shows how everyone’s hearing loss is different.

So speech in noise was impossible to understand?

In your case, could you say the OPN S1 is better than Xceed?

They are almost same. Opn S1 have Spatial Sound which Xceed have not. But Xceed have much more power output.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience.

He isn’t required to share more than he wants to.

2 Likes

My speech comprehension is at 20 percent. Both ears. So the bass background noise didn’t affect that. It was just always there and didn’t sound natural. Made my car sound like it needed a muffler. All cars and trucks passing the house sounded let like motorcycles. But that was my personal experience. When I tested the current naida aids background noise was more suppressed but at least sounded normal. I’m waiting for the marvel naidas to come out in Feb

1 Like

Have you tried the Oticon OPN S1? I wonder if you could make a comparison with the Oticon Xceed.

Naida Marvel will be in superpower variant only, without ultrapower.

Yes I know it will only be in superpower. But I have to start somewhere.

Please explain the difference between "superpower variation versus ultrapower HA’s? Aren’t we talking apples to apples here?

Also we can all speculate when a given (new) hearing aid will come out, but unless someone has specific (company) info on a release dates, it’s all “pie in the sky” talk. Early last year everyone was saying the Naida Marvel would come out in the fall of 2019. It didn’t.

The Phonak SP and UP Naida aids have about 10 dB difference in gain output. The UP uses a 675 battery while the SP uses a 13.

I agree about the Marvel SP or UP aids not being out at this time. We will all have to see what happens.

1 Like

My other problem with the oticon is its iPhone compatible and I’m an android uses and the new naidas will be android compatible.

1 Like

can you tell me how your hearing aid is programmed? Is there a special program for streaming music? My wife just got the exceed and she says speech is great but music is terrible. She has three speech programs and when tele-coil and the iPhone streams over all of them and she says they are all bad. But strangely when I put the hearing aid close to my ear the music sounds good except for the tele-coil. Her loss is about 115 DB straight across. See the thread I just started: Oticon Xceed great for speech, not for music

That’s because you have good hearing.

I know. I’m just trying to figure out why it sounds so bad with the Oticon and was acceptable with the Phonak. I have this suspicion she’s hearing the music better but she’s so used to hearing it worse she is considering the better as bad. But she denies this is the case.

What I would do. Have audiologist establish a separate music program for the Oticons. Have audiologist look at how Phonaks are programmed for listening to music. Attempt to replicate. This sounds like a tuning problem rather than anything inherently different about the hearing aids. If this doesn’t work, ask what sounds bad . Usually people complain of things sounding too tinny which can be resolved by either decreasing highs or increasing bass. This sounds like a solvable problem but it may take some work. Also, many people prefer music with all of the fancy sound processing features turned off.

Everyone here is talking about Xceed 1, 2 and 3, but I can’t find any pdf that will show the difference between these models. Can anyone please help?

I would super appreciate it.

You have to dig deep in the oticon pro site. Here’s the link to the Xceed data sheet:

Thanks! One question - are more fitting bands really helpful in hearing better?

I fear most audiologist will not take the time to configure every band when going for risk free trial.

Here is an article on channels and bands:

I think this might by why a good fitting is a mix of both science and art. The more features available, the more options the fitter has to work with. The fitter though needs to have the skill and understanding of how to work the options and software to fit your needs.