My experience with Oticon Xceed 2 demo

Yes madam, that’s correct.

I would like to ask everybody here. Since years, I am trying to figure out about MPO on hearing aids. Half audiologists said leave MPO alone if shows warning for over 132 dB. Other half audiologists said it’s important to fix MPO under 132 dB due to protection on your ears. Whose is right and wrong so that’s the question I am trying to get answer.

Let me see if I can clarity my messages. Most popular brand headphones like Beats, Bose and others have sounds like flat line so only equalizers on audio system or iPhone/Android can be adjusted to meet our desired sound. My father owns his DJ business for a long time and he taught me how to work on equalizers so this is how I do know. I put down 100 dB as flat line on my audiogram then put it on secondary hearing aid so I just set preferred equalizer like Pop, Rock, Jazz or different via iPhone. Dolby Cinema at movie theater have their own Dolby sound that I like to enjoy hearing it with some movies there. It does not always work for everyone but it works for me. Of course I always must wear my primary hearing aid for communication need.

that’s funny, I was looking at the SP version for me!

Oticon Xceed or Phonak Naida, which is better for uderstanding the speech in noise?

I think the Xceed would be wonderful for that! (I HAVEN’T TRIED THEM BUT WILL THIS YEAR HOPEFULLY) :smiley:

Jcrtorres007 - you’re some what a diamond in the rough since (I believe) your the first person on HT to claim they bought the Xceed. With that said can you tell me how many programs the Oticon Xceed offers and if it comes with a T-coil? Did you go with the larger 675 battery or some other route?

Lastly how does your aid perform in noisy situations, like restaurants, car noise, etc.

How much is the Oticon Xceed 2 and the Phonak Naida B90 that you have? (in your area/currency)

I just want to have a rough idea of how much it will cost here in the Philippines.

Right here in America, Xceed 1 costs around $2,500, Xceed 2 is $2,000 and Xceed 3 is $1,500. For Phonak Naida B90 costs around $2,000.

1 Like

Which variant of Xceed do you have (1 or 2 or 3, SP or UP)? And how about speech in noise with Xceed if compare with Naida?

Thought I asked some simple questions jctorres007, yet your response was rather “weak”. If you truly purchased the Xceed you have to share a little more information. Certainly more then, test a few different aids and different hearing aids have different experiences. Hope we get more feedback (positive or negative) versus blah, blah, blah.

1 Like

Deleted the mistake.

Why do you think so?

It’s obvious in one before the last post of Jctorres007

thank you for the info!!! I might go for the 1 or 2 :slight_smile: we will see

Well then “the ears have it”. Of course we are all still in the dark regarding “why your ears” like the Xceed? Is the incoming sound natural allowing you fair to good word recognition? What programs did your Audi set you up with? Oh sorry - asked that question before but you ignored it. So hearing aids do well in quiet situation? Or do they do well in noisy situations? Or both?

Did you order Xceed with full custom molds and purchase the (Up - 675) battery, or not really sure? How long have you now worn the Xceed hearing aid?. Did your Audi have to do much fine tuning before you became comfortable with Oticon?

Oh by the way I’m not looking for you to compare the Xceed to Phonak Naida. I’m looking to find out (1) what you really like about the Xceeds and (2) how your hearing level improved versus previous hearing aid. So please do tell us “what your ears” really like about the Oticon Xceed. Since your last three posts really haven’t said anything about the “performance” of the Oticon Xceed.

Obviously you’re having a hard time trying to answers some simple questions about the performance of the Oticon Xceed. Yes each HA user has their own (personal) experience when testing a new hearing aid because everyone hears different (with a hearing loss/ haring aid). But just because you are a so called “simple guy” doesn’t mean you can’t inform others on Hearing Tracker how your aid performs in different environments, be it at home, eating out, streaming, etc. If your just saying trial the Xceed because you like it - you’re not going to get much attention here because the majority of posters are some what detail orientated. And of course it good to be detail orientated when buying something as expensive as a hearing aid. Good luck with the Oticon, but I suggest you do a little more homework on how HA’s work and what “programming” means before you post again.

1 Like

Why so many posts withdrawn here? I want to know more real experiencies about Xceed! :smile: I doubt this guy really have Xceed.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Ditto - all smoke, no substance.

1 Like