Music and over the Ear Headphones

Anyone have success in listening to music though their with over ear headphones?

With the HA’s in?
From what source?

Well, I decided to give it a try just now. My wife has a set of Bose Noise Cancelling headphones.

Sounds great!

3 Likes

Yes aids in and music source is a stereo system sometimes plugged in and sometimes bluetoothed

Great. And I assume the Bose fit over the ears with room for the aids and without feedback issues?

Yea, I don’t even know the aids are there. Actually, I couldn’t do that with the custom molds I had before because the molds caused pain with the headphones.

Plugged into my phone. Not the greatest audio source, but I’m really enjoying this. Currently listening to “My Life Would Suck Without You.” (My wife and I now call this Our Song.) It starts out with some soft cymbal clicks and moves into heavy bass. Sounds really good.

Gotta go dance, be right back…

2 Likes

So now the next question for anybody who might have an opinion. Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic?

I have custom hearing aids and the bose over the ear headphones and it works great for me

1 Like

Okay. Put on AntMusic. During the intro rimclicks I was getting some feedback. Once the song got moving, either the feedback went away, or I just wasn’t noticing it anymore.

So I turned off the noise cancellation on the headphones. That seemed to make it go away.

Doesn’t matter too much with Adam and the Ants, but I could see occasional feedback really ruining a classical piece. I wonder if a headphones program could be created?

1 Like

Anyway by Martina McBride. I can hear the entire drumset, from the bass drum to the ride cymbal.

Am I revealing too much about myself in my music choices?

1 Like

LOL…

Okay, serious now. Für Elise. Sounds good to me, but I don’t have your trained ear. I’m betting you could work with your audi to create a program that would make this really pop.

1 Like

How rich are you? :slight_smile:
I quite enjoy my Audio-Technica’s.
Although I use my computer with flac files and left/right equalizer control in W10.

1 Like

I’m not exactly rich but music is important and I’d spring for a set of Beyers over the Senns if there is sufficient reason. One thing about the Beyers is that they have a very large circumaural earcup that looks like it would put more space between it and the aid.

1 Like

The nice thing about the Evokes is that I can do a lot of dialing in on my own

1 Like

Might be the only one in the world who owns them but Microsoft Surface Headphones work great for me. Having read a bunch on the forum, I read that some other folks have had problems with noise-cancelling over-the-ear headphones so I was worried I might have problems but I haven’t with Quattro’s, medium-power receivers, and open domes (full disclosure: very rarely with certain program settings and wearing a scarf or other woolen material, I’ve gotten a bit of feedback out of my HA’s turning my head so the headphone earcups brush up against clothing material-static, brushing noise, or whatever - but if I’m not swathed in such clothing, I don’t have any problem). Since I think many brands of headphones just like HA’s themselves come with a trial period, you might be able to try the headphone brand you prefer and return it if it doesn’t work for you. Wired has a “Best Wireless Headphones of 2018” review. Strangely enough, they didn’t give any wireless noise-cancelling headphone brand better than an 8 out of 10 score. For me, the noise-cancelling feature is definitely worth it as most of the environments that I’m in have enough noise that leaks through the headphones without cancelling turned on to impede listening enjoyment. Good Luck!

1 Like

I have Westone UM Pro 30s for serious music listening. They are the best sounding and most efficient set of headphones/earbuds I have had. They are expensive. Westone also makes hearing aid molds…

https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/um-pro-30-earphones

1 Like

Which model do you have?

The 40’s.
And to elaborate…I found this place that compared the sounds of many headphones. It was my experience that the 40’s came out flat without altering the original sound. This was my preference. I didn’t want the headphones to color the sound.

1 Like

Right. You want it just as it was recorded. I agree

1 Like