KS10 Target programming

I’ve got the KS10’s working well for me after using the Target software (ver 7.1) and a Noahlink Wireless to tweak the Costco fitter’s results. However, I do have one issue that I can’t figure out.

When receiving notifications from my iPhone, the EasyLine app shows that the aids switch to the “Bluetooth Streaming + mic1” program and the volume is too loud. The Target software shows 2 Bluetooth Automatic streaming programs, “Streamed speech + mic” and “Streamed music + mic”. I tried lowering the volume 6db across all frequencies of these programs but didn’t notice a difference. Where should I be looking to change the output of the “Bluetooth Streaming + mic1” program?

Thanks for any help

@Raudrive might know as he has experience of Marvel and KS9 Aids.

I have Phonak’s but not Bluetooth.

Use the volume control from your iPhone?

Did you lower the 6db in program options or in the gain and MPO area?
Is your microphone enabled in program options?

Did you try the volume control on the phone?

While in the media speech + mic.
I would select “all” in the gain and MPO area and lower all gains using the center arrow. Try 5 dB or whatever you like. Just remember so you can put it back if you want.

Let us know if this helps.

Did you lower the 6db in program options or in the gain and MPO area?

• Tried Both

Is your microphone enabled in program options?

• Yes

Did you try the volume control on the phone?

Yes - anything other than silent mode results in full volume notifications in hearing aids

While in the media speech + mic.
I would select “all” in the gain and MPO area and lower all gains using the center arrow.

Tried this for both “Streamed speech and + mic” and “Streamed music + mic” with no change in notification volume

It seems that if I was able to select the “Bluetooth Streaming + mic1” program in Target then I could adjust it the way I want. However, neither that program nor the majority of the other “fitted” programs (shown in the phone app) are listed in Target.

If it’s just the notifications that are too loud, have you tried to lower it on your phone?

1 Like

Exactly
Notifications sound can be adjusted in the phones settings.

Well it was not quite that simple. I did not want to lower the volume of all “Ringers and Alerts” on the iphone as I sometimes don’t have my hearing aids on and still need to hear those sounds as much as possible (yes I could change the volume up or down depending on the need but that is cumbersome).

Then the “Bluetooth Streaming + mic” is shown as the active program for only about 1 second as the notification tone is played making it almost impossible to change the volume in the EasyLine App.

So I changed the notification tone selection in the iphone to one of longer duration. This allowed me to change the volume of the “Bluetooth Streaming + mic” program while it was active (only few seconds but long enough this time) in the App. Then I changed the tone back to the one I prefer.

This worked but I still wonder why I can’t control the program from within the Target software. There is also still the fact that the microphone is muted while playing the tone and I have no control over that (the cross fader does not effect the microphone so it must be disabled for this program).

Finally, is there no one else that has the issue of the notifications volume being played too loud? I may request a remote session with the Costco fitter and ask him to pass the questions along to Phonak.

One correction: The cross fader actually does work if I slide it all the way to the end of the “Environment” side. I can then hear environmental sounds along with the alert tone so the microphone is actually not muted.

Where can I get Target for KS10 ? I believe the audi used version 11.1.1,

@Dude321

The Target Software is only at 7.xx.

It won’t be 11.1.1.

@Zebras

Thanks, I guess I need 7.X then.

That is what I have seen here, but the version they were running at CostCo said 11 on the top of the window at CostCo.

I guess I will have to get a Noah LInk as well.

BTW, thank you for the little post about Phonak P90 vs KS10. I am glad that I am getting the KS10 as my first trial. I will I am pleased with them. lowest quotes for the P90 were 4850 and 5500. I had and awkward experience with a audi for the Phonak and did not get them.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a new Member. Can someone please point me to a guide to self-program the Costco KS10 hearing aids? I have my dad’s latest hearing test results and the KS10 hearing aids, plus a new Mac running MacOS as well as Windows.

I downloaded some Phonak Windows software from the web, but I don’t think it was the Target 7.0. I’m also unsure if I need to buy a device to help the hearing aids connect to the computer or if that can just be done via Bluetooth.

Thanks!

Yes this is a good idea to go DIY, you’ll be able to program on the fly, anytime your dad needs adjustments you’ll be able to help out (he may even want to learn himself!)

The target software guide is always helpful from here.

https://www.phonakpro.com/us/en/support/other-support/target-fitting-software/overview-target.html

Noahlink wireless is easily available on eBay.

You may run onto a Mac/Noahlink wireless driver problem when “sometimes” Noahlink fails to be seen/work within target, if it happens you get the driver from here.

https://www.himsa.com/himsa_download/noahlink-wireless-downloads/

Good luck.

I appreciate your responses! Is there a way to upload a configuration file? Like if I sent someone my dad’s hearing test results from Sam’s / Costco, could they save programmed settings in Target and somehow send me a small configuration file to upload on my side?

I’m getting a little daunted by all the settings in Target and this is the first Audiogram I’ve ever looked at closely. Having said that, I’m considering buying the NOAHlink Bluetooth Programmer to give this all a shot. :+1:t2:

Yes, it’s possible to export the Client settings to a file and then import the settings on another computer. But don’t ask anyone to do that for you!

Calm down and do some reading. Start with a DIY School PDF file named (02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids). Look for instructions about how to save your original professional settings.

Again, don’t buy NOAHlink. Buy Noahlink Wireless.

DIY School = click any PVC Avatar and then click PVC’s Featured Topic.

NOAHlink is different to the Noahlink Wireless.

NOAHlink won’t work with KS10. Noahlink Wireless will.

You already have the settings. They are in the hearing aids. So it wouldn’t do much good to create a second version of the settings (which may even be less accurate, for example, without REM adjustments).

ETA: Or, maybe the hearing aids were purchased used, and they are not set to your dad’s hearing loss?? In that case, just enter the audiogram into a client as a starting point and start a fitting session from that. There is no need to enlist another party to enter the audiogram for you and then export a file that you can import.

I am trying to connect the Target software to my KS10’s through the Noahlink Wireless, but I can’t go past the initial green light on the Noahlink. The Target software acknowledges the connection to the Noahlink by showing the Noahlink’s version number, but the Noahlink doesn’t go to the next blinking pattern, which would indicate connection to the hearing aid. I see that others have succeeded connecting the Target software to ther KS10s.
(I turned off other possible sources of interference, like my phone’s and my computer’s blootooth). Any suggestions? - Thank you

Read a DIY School PDF file named (Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use).
Click any PVC Avatar; and then
Click PVC’s Featured Topic; Hearing Aid Fitting DIY School and Fitting Software
There you will find two clickable links for (DIY School and Fitting Software).