JOIN® Hearing Aids - Rebranded Resounds - worth a try?

Definitely interested in this. I look forward to your update.

3 Likes

I think this is their way of testing the waters in the OTC business.
They are throwing one of their existing products with predefined generic settings into the OTC market.
Reduced settings, access to programmability locked.
The development costs have already been incurred, the product is in mass production. Actual manufacturing costs are very, very low.

I’m also very curious to hear what you find out when you receive the devices.
Keep us posted, please :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Not sure your source of info. I am a satisfied quatros user, almost 4 years.

myself, I have nothing but problems with microphone becoming quiet on these hearing aid…

@tenkan as promised, an update. @rothlev1 I thought you may appreciate this too.

These arrived today instead of Friday - they are in fact Resound Quattro 9’s. What suprised me from the packaging was that it wasn’t rebranded apart from the cover sleeve.
They’re alot smaller than I thought they’d be too.

Anyway after the initial setup (which I tried with both their ‘BeMore’ app and their Resound 3d app - they worked on both.

Then even more good news, after installing resound smartfit I can confirm that these are NOT locked and can be reset to your own audiogram.

Attached is a photo of the basic setup I found upon connecting the devices, along with some others.
I’ve made no changes at all as I have zero experience with smartfit yet and I’m intrigued to get a feel for their out of the box settings first - which as mentioned before are advertised as a ‘one size fits all’ solution for speech clarity.

1 Like

good news, that is top of the line resound’s. good deal

1 Like

Yes that’s fantastic news, honestly you can’t go wrong at that price and with the warranty (3 years?)
Could you check in the future, if they have tinnitus controller available and if there’s anything at all “greyed out” so as not to able to be used.

Maybe top of the line for Quattro’s, but not near the top aid Resound makes.

Here you go.

I’m assuming any form of reprogramming will void the warranty? (2 years)

I’ve made a profile on smartfit with the original settings and wondering if I do reprogram them, and if for any reason I needed to send them in for warranty (battery faults etc) is it as simple as me reinstating the original setup, or would there be some kind of indicator to flag it up do you think?

yes, you are right, resound ones and something else is out, still a very good aid, not a low level 5 . and most definitely not a PSAP device. nothing wrong with that level of technology.

No that won’t have any bearing on warranty.

Yes no problem with that, you can make up an extra client for you to experiment with and go back to your original settings anytime, the only thing that changes is the time stamp, but no worries there, I wouldn’t worry about that.

1 Like

Yeah the Quattro platform is fine, I have them and the ones, other then ASHA streaming to my android, I don’t notice a big difference, in fact my older linx2 still sound fine!

1 Like

Thankyou I appreciate the answer :+1:
Going to start learning the Smartfit program so I can be confident when making adjustments.

Actually thinking about it, have a look to see if there’s a firmware update for streaming from android devices, I think there was one for the Quattro but I never did it, would be interesting to see if it’s available.

@tenkan

Think they can stream from Android?

This was in the link that the OP linked at the top.

:honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

Android

On Android, JOIN® products are paired through Bluetooth settings. Once paired and connected, you can:

• Adjust the volume of your JOIN® products (even change right and left individually).
  • Stream all audio, including phone calls, music, and video directly from your smartphone to your JOIN® products.

For an overview which Android devices are compatible see the compatibility overview here.

1 Like

Sorry only just seen this, yeah it worked with Android out of the box

Yeah missed that, good that it’s got that, so it’s definitely a good deal all round, this shows the factory is still pumping out these with the latest firmware at least.

Excellent, honestly I think this a dam good deal.

Just out of curiosity what does Costco charge for the resound Jabra ( I couldn’t find it on the website)

Jabra Enhance Pro starting at $1,799.99

Jabra Enhance Pro Special value starting at $1,799.99

WH

Sorry I meant UK pricing.