Is There A Reason Why Oticon's Companion App Could Not Have Been Programmed So I Could Save My Volume Settings?

My default program for my More1s is *DSL v.5(a). I invariably want to increase the overall volume level by +1 click whenever I start my day, and I wonder why Oticon could not have incorporated a “Save Changes” button, like the ones I encounter on so many other apps.

I appreciate that my audiologist could make this change, but I’m not due to see him for a while and I don’t want to book an appointment for only this issue.

Does anyone have the answer to this question?

Why not have your audiologist redo your settings and then you can turn the volume down when you don’t need the extra volume, which you claim you increase everyday.

@hass5744: Of course, I’ll do that, at my next scheduled appointment - however, if the app allowed me to save that setting, I would , as I said, not have to make a special 1-hour trip into town just to effect that adjustment.

1 Like

That has been one of my complaints too, since Oticon started creating apps, it seems that they put the very minimum effort in to their apps.
There are two thought that comes to mind here. The first is they believe that the aids are so good they don’t need the app and only have it because the other company has apps. The second Oticon hasn’t managed to account for the capability of the aids to retain setting from user input.
I can believe the second myself because even if I have the app on my iPhone most days I don’t even think about using it. I find it pretty much useless.

No. I under what youre saying. The app is there to make adjustments. Why adjustments can’t be saved is beyond me. Once again it makes me think the manufacturers don’t want us to be able to do anything with our aids without their direct imput

@hass5744: Exactly. With the price of fuel up here in Canada right now, it costs me a little over $12 to go into town and come back home. Not to mention the time involved. I mean hell I’m going to be 74 in May I really don’t wanna have to be making special trips into town just for a minor adjustment like this. Just carry me over until my next appointment, is all I’m asking.

As you say, it’s a simple adjustment. The apps are there to adjust simple parameters of the aids’ performance, and I think that it would be an easy matter for that adjustment to be saved.

I posted this because I’d like to know if there is a good reason why that can’t be done, or whether - as you allude - it’s just a manufacturers’ power trip.

1 Like

As President Clinton used to say, I feel your pain…A lot of good that does.

1 Like

Try 2.5 hours. That should be able to be done with a Remote appointment. I cannot do that because it would cross state lines.

@prodigyplace: You guys must think I’m out to lunch! I explored that. My audiologist has no interest in remote appointments. Period.

1 Like

To answer your subject question, the app is designed to increase profits for their customers. You are part of the product.

@prodigyplace: How do you figure that answers my question? I want to known if there’s a technical reason that prevented Oticon engineers from allowing simple changes to be saved. Not whether, for whatever reason, they were disinclined to do so.

[I had originally worded my title that way, but later decided it was overkill…]

I don’t understand why everyone except cochlear doesn’t save these setting automatically…

1 Like

Sorry you’re having issues w/ Companion App.
I have an ongoing dialog w/Oticon regarding a different issue re:the Companion App, and they’ve been very responsive.
Your query is very valid, and a feature that should be available.
I suggest you email a request to them at: appsupport@oticon.com
According to the contact I’ve been communicating with, they are still enabling features, and fine-tuning the App, so maybe, just maybe, they could implement such a function.
Please be sure to allude to your status as an official Oticonian!!

Sorry I can’t resolve your issue.
It’s exactly issues like this that scream DIY!!

@flashb1024: I will, indeed, be in touch with the officials at the Castle of Oticonia,
:zap: Flash :zap:. DIY would, no doubt, be frowned upon by the officials at the
:beaver: B.F.:european_castle:N.D. :beaver:,

Maybe they think that making changes that ‘stick’ is the purview of the audiologist.

2 Likes

But you are a non-conformist.

@prodigyplace: Who, Bruce??? Me???

Everyone knows monkeys do not wear green hard hats. :wink:

@prodigyplace: Orang-utan and Combat (or Trench) Melon, please!

2 Likes

Something I found with the Oticon Companion App, it’s so so slow to connect.

Way slower then it is, with the Phonak App.

2 Likes