Is it true that Phonak Audeo Lumity L90R's do not work with any rechargeable charging case?

Seems hard to believe that the top-of-the line HA, that has batteries that do not last a full day, do not offer a rechargeable charging case. Is the only option to also carry around a battery brick?

OK, just to clarify, your post has the question about whether the Phonak Audeo Lumity L90R’s work with “any” rechargeable charging case? Cuz if that’s what you’re asking, I believe the answer is that they need an “induction” style charging base that does indeed come with the aids when you purchase a pair.

You’re SPOT ON with the observation about their rechargeable batteries not even lasting ONE FULL DAY. I’d like to see how the Prez of Phonak travels if s/he wears rechargeables and is going overseas on a long flight with Customs on each end. Y’better have a backup pair of aids or that battery brick you refer to, cuz the last thing you want is DEAD batteries staring down a Customs officer.

When I travel I have my backup Lumity Life aids AND a pair of older battery operated Marvels. O’course that also means I have to bring along at least ONE induction charging base, power cord and a couple weeks’ worth of size 13 batteries. And then there’s the Roger ON iN V2. I pack that with its own charging base and power cord as well. Let’s see, did I forget anything? Cuz I may not have room for a toothbrush if this keeps up. :wink:

1 Like

The case they’re sold with doesn’t have a built-in battery (except for the Life version). However, they work with an older case, the Phonak Combi, which has an optional battery pack that attaches to the base. I’ve never seen anything official from Phonak saying that case will work for the Lumity, but it does.

1 Like

My BICROS aid does not fit in my old rechargeable case. It is thicker than the CROS Side.

Sadly, the ONLY way one can be assured of ALWAYS operating hearing aids is by means of replaceable batteries. My current Phonak [rechargeable] aids do better than the last rechargeable aids, but still can’t make it beyond 13 hours.

1 Like

I vaguely remember that my Phonak Paradise P90R’s chargers can be powered by a battery pack that Phonak sells. I don’t have one…

(searched and found one on Etsy but it the deal was badly reviewed there.)

If it’s available for the Paradise P90 there may be one for the Lumity hearing aids

Hope this helps.

I have the Phonak charger with the battery pack for my Paradise 90R HAs.
I Just started wearing the Phonak Lumity 90R HAs.
I read that the Paradise charger w/batterypack can be used for Lumity, but the Lumity charger cannot be used for Paradise HAs.
Anyone have information of this?

I would like to use the Paradise charger with battery pack for my new Lumity HAs when traveling. But, don’t want to damage the HAs if that would be a problem.

I have the same Phonak’s. They work with the Phonak Charger Case Combi with the battery pack. I bought the used case at a good price on Ebay and bought a new battery.

Here’s a list of what can work with some/most.

2 Likes

I simply connect an ordinary charger to a good quality power bank (in my country e.g. GreenCell, but there are other reliable companies) using a USB cable.

However, with new HAs I’ll try to buy a charger with a built-in battery.

2 Likes

My audiologist told me my Lumity HAs could be charged in my old Paradise charger with battery back. They do fit (tightly) but I’ve had mixed results when trying it a few times.