Hearing Aid Fitting DIY School and Fitting Software

No, sorry that’s not right. A Programming Pill style adapter has a battery-shaped connection on one end, and the other end has a 4-pin connection that fits the small end of a CS44 cable. The latter 4-pin connector cannot fit to a Hi Pro. It’s the opposite end of the CS44 cable that fits into the Hi Pro. I will see if I can find some pictures.

1 Like

Look at the DIY School post 4-or-5 posts above. Or you can click the reference-arrow in this post to load parent post.

Instead of looking for “OVERVIEW PROGRAMMING DEVICES” look for “CableOverview”.

ETA: Here’s a picture of the connection for a CS44 cable to a programming pill.

c3

Caveat; I have never seen a (Programming Adapter Mini 164237) and the Oticon documentation doesn’t show the other end of that adapter. But I doubt the other end fits a Hi Pro which is a mini Din like this;
c4

Here’s a picture of both ends of a standard CS44 progranning cable. The (big) mini-din plug on the right is what plugs into the Hi Pro.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, thank you so much for the pictures! Initially I was looking for CS44 cable to insert into Hi-Pro 2 and connector 164237 from CS44 to my aids (battery 10). After that I found these cables:

From one side into Hi-Pro 2 and from the other side directly into Aids.
Made for Phonak, I hope will work well for my Oticon IIC too.

No, Sorry. The Phonak/Unitron cables have pins 3&4 are reversed for some obscure reason and they won’t work for Oticon. Here’s a discussion from four years ago…

2 Likes

Oh no! I’ve already ordered them on ebay. Sigh!! So, if the 10A pills are not welded to the cable, I can try to fix the right pills from the 164237 connector. If not, I’ll need to buy the CS44 cable

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “welded”? The battery sized pills are not removable from the cables. Worse yet, they are miniaturized so perish any thoughts about splicing the tiny wires within.

You could return the EBay purchase for not working unless they explicitly said for Phonak/Unitron only.
ETA: If your method of payment was via credit card, then use your credit card chargeback rights given to you by state and federal law to dispute-the-charge and claw back your money. You just have to attempt to negotiate a return with the seller (first) before filing a dispute. This works way better than an EBay dispute.

ETA again: I read the Genie2 Help/Instructions for use/CableOverview more carefully. The asterisk(*) indicates that both the Flexconnect-style connector and the (Programming Adapter Mini 164237) has a CS44 cable connection/square-button-thingy on the other end. To summarize; you need a pair of standard CS44 cables and a pair of (Programming Adapter Mini 164237). Careful; If you remove the battery doors remember which side (right/left) goes with which hearing aids. Sometimes the doors can be put back on to either side but will get whoppyjawed and not fit back on correctly.

btw> The chances are slim that the location of the battery compartment contact parts will be the same for Phonak and Oticon. They are likely to be located in different places on the battery pill. I found more pictures; Oticon-164237 on the left, Phonak on the right;

ETA: Just to be clear; The Oticon-164237 has a round connection for the standard CS44 cable instead of the square-button-thingy. But no worries, they both work the same;

1 Like

Looking for the latest version of fitting software for Signia Charge&Go.
Thanks in advance.

Sure, but don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well.

Check out the Connexx software user guide as well.

https://www.signia-pro.com/en-us/sales-tools/connexx/

Hello, I am looking for a copy of the RexFit software. thanks.

is there a hearing aid program available for ChomeOS ? not Windows (exe)

For which hearing aid manufacturer? Read the fitting software Operating system Requirements for each manufacturer. For these two the answer is No.

Phonak Target
Operating system Windows 11, Home / Pro / Enterprise
Windows 10, Home / Pro / Enterprise
Windows 8.1, Pro / Enterprise
Windows 7, latest SP, Enterprise with extended security update

Oticon Genie2
Operating System requirements
• Windows 7 SP1 (32/64 bit), all editions.
• Windows 8 (32/64 bit), all editions except RT.
• Windows 10 (32/64 bit), all editions except ARM
platform and Windows 10 S.

1 Like

for any hearing aid program, such as oticon, starkey or phonak, is it already in the Chomobook (chomeOS) version, not for windows OS.

Use Google to read the fitting software Operating system Requirements for each manufacturer. For the Phonak and Oticon requirements listed above, the answer is No.

I just bought Oticon Xceed 1 hearing aids and I am so excited to configure them. Can you good folks please share the Oticon Genie software with me? I am not sure if my Xceed needs the original Genie software or the new Genie 2 software. Your help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Sure, PM sent, hope these work out for you, let everyone know how you get on.

1 Like

Xceed requires Oticon hearing aid fitting software Genie2.

1 Like

@drke Read this link about iCube and Target 6.1

Looks like you posted in the wrong thread?