Heading to Costco (2023)

Ditto on the chicken. :grin:

I’m not big on the chicken. But I find it hard to escape without grabbing a hotdog and a slice. :wink:

WH

3 Likes

I guess that makes you “A Salty Dog” :hotdog: :pizza:

3 Likes

I have 2 year old Rexton rechargeable, very efficient and no problems. Noisy background or competing TV , radio
I’m guessing. However most of my friends with Hearing Aids have same problem. Would never go back to batteries.

Assuming you bought them from Costco, are you going to send them in to have them checked and refurbished, I expect the battery runtime is getting shorter. I doubt Rexton had the rechargeable experience or physical space to use batteries large enough that they do not use the full capacity. I know some vendors only charge to 80% or, like newer iPhones, delay full charging. Some products only discharge the battery leaving 20% of a charge. Products that do that have batteries lasting an amazing length of time.

Hi Prodigy
At present battery charge lasts for approximately 15hrs
I would expect this to change over the next 12 months.
Portable charging case is good for 3days, very handy when weekend camping.
Have had both receiver wires replaced (free from Costco). Routine servicing is difficult as I live in Australia and I’m not looking forward to the cost of new rechargeable batteries.
So far Costco has been excellent in retesting and hearing aid adjustments.
I find that with old rheumatic fingers batteries are a pain.

1 Like

I suspect they would need to send the aids in to Rexton for that. Oticon designed their aids so the audiologist can replace the batteries.

I was near a costco today so I stopped in - no appointment. And not the location where I have an appointment scheduled.

I wanted to see if by chance they could get the one aid working again. Fail. And said too old to send for repair which wasn’t something I would do anyhow.

I asked about prices and was told rexton is 1600.

I asked if I could just purchase today and do the hearing test at pickup. Obviously the answer was no but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask since I will be without aids for at least 3 weeks.

After the hearing exam what should I expect - will they have me try one or more aids or do you think they might simply say this is the one we highly suggest for your loss?

I don’t think my hearing is good enough to distinguish the difference in models.

I’m also curious if they suggest the Philips 9030 if I should pass because there is a chance the 9040 might be available soon ( or not, who knows)
They were extremely busy so I kept the conversation to a minimum but I am realizing I need to get better prepared for my actual appointment.

Could you have had the test, ordered aids, paid for them and received loaner aids? I know I got loaners when they sent my aids off for repairs.

Too busy and I didn’t have an appointment. Maybe I can get a loaner when I go March 12

1 Like

I’m sure it depends on the store, but some people have been able to order the aids ahead of time so they can be there when you get your hearing tested. If you’d like the Rexton’s, you could try calling the store you have an appointment at and ask if they could do that. If you want to wait and see what they recommend, that’s ok too.

1 Like

My local Costco only orders the aids after the initial visit.

When I went about a month ago they strongly suggested the Philips 9030, saying most clients really like them.

I picked them up a couple of weeks after the initial visit.

I have 180 days to decide if I want to keep them. If the 9040s are released during this time I will probably return the 9030s and get the 9040s, but the 9030s are great!

3 Likes

Yeah I figured the return period is long enough that if the 9040 do come out then I can do the return.

Just part of the game, I guess.

1 Like

Any last minute words of wisdom?

Other than buy the chicken

I’m half thinking if they suggest 9030 or Rexton that I might have to say no just based on the “age” and potential release of 9040’s.

So that would leave the Jabra (GN)

1 Like

The Jabra they sell was released late last year. That is likely their newest model.

1 Like

Tip: You can click the image to enlarge. I may delete this later as it tends to become obsolete quickly;

1 Like

I wouldn’t reject the 9030s out of hand. I would compare them to the others and see which works better for you.

I recently bought the 9030s and have been very happy with them. I have 180 days to return them. If the 9040s are released before this time is up, I will probably exchange the 9030s for the 9040s. But the update sounds minor. There are improvements to wind noise and handling of sudden loud noises, neither of which are causing any problem for me with the 9030.

Coming from the KS9, the major improvement I found with the 9030 is handling of sound direction. It takes a few days to get acclimated, but I now tell immediately where sounds are coming from.

1 Like

Hi Zebras, I believe the return period is 90 days in the UK.

Thanks. I stumbled on that in another thread and have it bookmarked. Very helpful!

1 Like

Failed. Costco could not do the hearing test because I had Too much wax buildup in my ears, which I don’t think I’ve ever experienced.

But I did get jabra as a loaner.

No chicken though

Is this from wearing HAs?

Anything I could do minimize it?

Going to call ENT on Monday

1 Like