Heading to Costco (2023)

Thanks. I’m used to batteries.

I just can’t tell from the Costco site if they even offer battery versions since their main page is advertising rechargeable.

Rexton for sure offers disposable battery model and I believe Phillips does too. I can’t tell about Jabras but they have the best rechargeable battery life.

1 Like

Canada has 180 days to return. Just bought the Jabra Enhance Pros from them.

3 Likes

@frogman

Oh only a few months ago the Costco Canada site said 90 days!

Just looked and it still says 90 days!

I am in BC so maybe it’s just BC. Perhaps they are changing terms and haven’t updated the website ?

ps. I have only had these aids a few days and so far they compare very well to my old Widex Beyond 330’s. The wind noise reduction feature is excellent, went out for a walk yesterday in the wind and the feature really works well. The app is very good … however …, the streaming is not very good. I am reasonably certain that the aids are turned up too high and I am getting a lot of top-end tinniness which I hope will be remedied at my followup visit. The audiologist (who was excellent) says he has the ability to tune them remotely as well.

1 Like

@frogman

Shows on your picture that it used to be 90 days as well.

I’m sure the website will catch up.

I’ve been disappointed with the Jabras’ battery charge life (about 17 hours with some streaming), but it’s slightly better than the Philips 9030, which were giving me 15-16 before I returned them. Yes, that’s enough for most days, but sometimes just barely. I don’t like to cut it that close. Once, I had to stick them in the charger an hour before bedtime.

1 Like

Thanks for those details on battery life.

I imagine the non-chargeable batteries don’t last as long with the Bluetooth capability. I thought I saw a comment in another thread that said 4 days or so.

My Trax42 with 312 batteries usually made it 7 days before replacement

Which Jabras? The latest are the Enhance Pro 10

I got 7-8 days from most 312 batteries on my Philips 9010s. I used 9030s while the 9010s were being refurbished. I liked the ASHA on the 9030s but got only 4 days from each of four 312s. I didn’t do any streaming and just did a few phone calls, but I didn’t like the short life.

I bought the Jabra Enhance Pro 10 rechargeables. It was that or the version that uses 13s, and the 13s were thicker. Since I wear glasses, I thought thinner would be better.

I liked the 9030s better than the 9010s and the Jabras better than the 9030s, but I’m only 1 data point. YMMV.

3 Likes

I have the new Jabra Enhance Pro 10s.

2 Likes

4-5 days is likely a good guess for 312 disposables. If you get size 13 disposables, it could be over a week. Sometimes the difference in size of hearing aid is remarkably small.

Any thoughts on accessories?

What about the drying equipment?

I had a plastic bottle drier from CVS but hardly used it.

What does your manual say? Personally I wonder if the dryers with UV light shorten the life of receiver wires. My current Oticon More 1 aids state that heat from inductive charging drys the aids. Unless you live in a very humid climate drying may not be necessary anyway.

No manual since I haven’t purchased.

I often wondered the same about the UV dryers being bad which is why I got that passive dessicator (for lack of better explanation)

I’m really using this thread to learn about the latest technology and to get myself in the right mindset so that I can be prepared when I go in for the visit.

7-8 years is a long time between hearing aids and this thread is really helping me.

With my previous aids I used a UV dryer and the receiver wires only lasted 2 years. Fortunately Costco replaces them for free. I noticed eye wires getting yellow and brittle.

2 Likes

I think a TV streamer is really nice. Dryer vs no dryer has people on both sides with strong opinions.

This is so smart using size 13 batteries.

Which dryer did you use?

PerfectDry Lux. I bought from Costco. Here is an Amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/PerfectDry-Dehumidifier-Accessory-Ultraviolet-Amplifiers/dp/B096BMPS64

2 Likes