GN Resound Smart 3D app

I have GN Resound Linx 9 3D aids, which are controlled through my phone with their Smart 3D app. I use a Samsung A20e phone.

I have been having problems with this, losing the favourites I set up, location function not working, settings reverting to default overnight, etc. Is anyone else having problems with this app?

mine works great in my Iphone… make sure you have an updated app… version 1.8.0

1 Like

I had same problem on my Android phone but when I switched to the iPhone, location started working.

1 Like

ReSound has issued v1.9.0 as an Android Smart 3D update, which promises better BT connectivity. The update has not yet shown up for my iPhone 6S running iOS v14.2.

The update seems to make the Smart 3D app connect quicker and switch between the 4 basic programs quicker (All-Around, Restaurant, Outdoors, and Music), more like the iOS version of Smart 3D, which I find generally snappier all around than the Android version. (iPhone 2015 phone, iOS 14.2 (the latest) vs. 2018 Galaxy Note 8 running Android Pie, v9 of Android OS cf. most current Android version 11).

I just received the iOS version of 1.9.0 on my iPhone 12 about 4 hours ago. They don’t state much of what changed. :roll_eyes:

“This update includes improvements to stability and connectivity.”

JIm, after seeing your post I checked out mine and it didn’t update either… I then went to the app store typed in resound and it opened to resound smart 3d and it said update… I just clicked on it and it;s now updated

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! It worked for me although after I found the ReSound Smart 3D app by a search to the app store, it just said OPEN when the search hit page came up. I had to tap on the name of the app before a new screen opened that offered an UPDATE button.

Tried to get the update for my Android using the tips above but it is not offering it to me. Should I uninstall/reinstall to get this or does anyone know another way?

Smart 3D version 1.9.0 for Android shows a small hearing aid icon in the notification area when the aids are connected.

It also requires Android 8.0 or newer. IIRC, the previous version worked with 7.0.

Yes, I am seeing this. Does this mean I have the latest version?

My app is losing the settings on my favourites. I just turned it on and the volume settings I have for TV at home has reverted back to default. I have been getting this problem since I got the aids last year.

Has someone received HA software update also? I’m wondering where I can get changelog or something?

I have Resound Linx Quattros 961 Rechargeable. This morning the Resound app on my iPhone updated to 1.9.0 but I didn’t notice any difference.

Then this evening for the first time ever I was suddenly offered, by the app, hearing aid software updates. I was quite surprised. Anyway I accepted them and it took about 4 minutes each to do the HAs in turn.

However the odd thing is that the two aids now show slightly different software versions, with both indicated as up to date. 1.0.44 on the left and 1.0.45 on the right. Anyone knows what is going on here?

Best

David

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Noahlink vs Airlink

In my past experience the aid that is not updated is not properly registered with ReSound Remote Assist. I’m not sure that deleting the Smart 3D app, reinstalling it and going through signing up for Remote Assist through the Smart 3D app would now effectively reregister the aid that didn’t update (a new feature of the Smart 3D app-previously only your HCP could sign you up for Remote Assist). Otherwise, if you want the firmware update for the aid that didn’t get it, you will probably have to see your hearing care provider to have that aid reregistered.

@jeanettedove1 If you can’t update the Smart 3D app to v1.9.0.0 and get the firmware update to 0.45.0.0 that I presume also comes with the app update for ReSound One’s as well as the Quattro’s, you might want to see your HCP about the updates. For me, (might just be me!), it made a difference to my fitting profile for the right HA fit with the NAL-NL2 algorithm. I do think the BT connection in streaming is a bit more solid. Turning on “Optimize MFi Connection” under the MORE tab in the Smart 3D app still prevents my Apple Watch Smart 3D app from connecting to the HA’s thru the iPhone. Another notable difference after the app and firmware update is pausing streaming now has a different effect on “streaming focus.” It used to be that when one paused streaming after a few seconds, the HA setting would relax to “hear everything.” Now when one pauses streaming, streaming focus remains in effect (same for having external mics turned off entirely). I hope this is not a bug that will be changed back to the way it was before as I actually prefer this dynamic as opposed to having streaming focus automatically turned off when streaming is paused. Lots of times it’s not talking to someone else but rather some other app or notification on my phone that I want to turn attention to. Now I can stop listening, not miss any discussion in a podcast, and then resume streaming with my streaming focus (or external mics turned off) just the way they were when I interrupted the podcast stream to check something else on the phone or in my environment.

1 Like

I think both aids have registered ok for Resound Remote Assist. The app is showing a green tick against each aid in the Remote Assist screen. Each one went through the identical install process with the app reporting each stage and saying “successful update” at the end. For each aid it took about four minutes and the %age complete indicator behaved the same in both cases. Each HA restarted at the end of the updating in the same way and the app screen shows the same for each app (green tick, aid is “up to date” etc). It’s just that one aid is on one minor update level lower. Incidentally the two aids were supplied and fitted together and they have never been apart so there is no reason why one would be registered and the other not. I think the registration was automatic via the app which I did and not done by the HCP at fitting.

I am waiting on the delivery of a Noahlink Wireless, so maybe in a week or two I will be able to try to update via the fitting software. I haven’t noticed any difference between the two aids, but my ears are so different that I am not surprised by that. I will be seeing the HCP sometime in December, so I can get her to check if need be. And maybe one or both will update before then anyway. I will pay attention to the version numbers next time!

@david.hendon Since the 0.44.0.0 update (I wish ReSound would stick with a consistent nomenclature!) was back around April 6th of this year (New Firmware Update for ReSound Quattro's), are you sure that both HA’s both weren’t already on the 0.44.0.0 update, but you didn’t take notice before, both wanted to update to 0.45.0.0 and one failed, the other didn’t? (in spite of the notice that both updates were successful). I’m surprised if the both had earlier (0.43.0.0) or different firmware versions to begin with, that whichever one was less than 0.44.0.0 didn’t want to try to update until now. Perhaps the other possibility is that one made the leap from 0.43.0.0 to 0.45.0.0 and for the other that leap was a bridge too far and it only landed on 0.44.0.0!

Good luck with the Noahlink Wireless. Good to have your HA’s well-charged up when you try. It takes quite a few minutes.

I don’t know what they were on before the update. I bought them in September 2020 and my audiologist had to get them in as she didn’t have the colour I wanted in stock. So I would be surprised if they were still on 0.43.0.0 then, although with Covid and lockdown in the U.K. for several months all sorts of odd things have happened.

Also if one update failed, then it clearly told the Resound app that it had worked. I was watching very carefully as I had never done a firmware update before. As I said before, it all went exactly the same on both aids, one after the other.

I have another pair of Linx Quattros which are also from Sept 2020 (they were sent as replacement for some older Quattros that I returned for repair under warranty). They are both reporting firmware version 0.43.0.

When I first checked this afternoon Remote Assist said they both needed a firmware update to 0.45.0 but I didn’t have time to stop and do it. I looked again half an hour later and now the app says 0.43.0 is up to date.

I think Resound’s Remote Service isn’t working properly at the moment!

1 Like

The Assist service hasn’t been working for me for quite a while.
It has just returned online today, but I had to delete the app and reinstall it to do this. It then offered me the update and installed it correctly.

1 Like

I think it’s a bit of a mess. I deleted and reinstalled the Resound app because I was getting problems connecting the app to the HAs even though they iPhone said it was connected. When I checked the remote service, it now reported both HAs as up to date and on the latest firmware.

My spare pair updated fine on my iPad. It took some time to find the second one though, after the process crashed after doing the first one.

1 Like