GN Hearing launches ReSound ENZO Q and new additions to LiNX Quattro

Well I need to do a little home work on the Enzo Q but looking at the fitting chart it sure seems to match any Ultra Power aids on the market. And one plus with the Resound HA’s is they stream directly to your HA, with no clip or attachment necessary. Oticon requires a connect clip which I understand last six months or so and then you have to replace, since internal battery cannot be replaced. I also like the fact the Enzo Q has a 675 battery which can last a good 10 days plus depending on how much streaming you do. Need to compare Naida Marvel SP to Enzo Q to see which might have a advantage over the other.

As far is streaming part is concerned for Android phones it should have Bluetooth 5.0 and Android 10 at least. Also ASHA should be enabled by the manufacturer to directly stream audio to your aids

Resound has a compatibility page on their website: https://www.resound.com/en-us/help/compatibility#androiddevice
Currently, it’s Pixel 3 and 4 series and Samsung S9 and S10 series.

It’s the Quattro version of the Enzo 3D.

So it will have the same kind improvements we saw between the Linx 3D and Quattro. The most substantial of which (that you’d never be aware of) is a BLE Aerial that offers 4-6dB extra gain - this virtually guarantees the signal between the device and the paired accessory/phone/programmer, which means that fewer errors are thrown, there are less dropouts and less crashing of the comms on either end.

Additionally, there’s more processors in there, the feedback manager is better and the speech processing offers more enhancement as does the refinement in directionality.

So: will it sound any different ? Possibly. Does it contain a significant upgrade? Yes.

3 Likes

Is it my imagination or does this aid seem to be cheaply made. Has anyone had problems with the shell in particular breaking?

1 Like

Well your the first to trail the Enzo Q Hass5744, so maybe you need to answer your own question. There have been no complaints regarding the Resound Linx Quattro, nor the Resound linx 3D casing. With that said when I tested the Phonak M13-T last year I found the battery compartment holder to be flimsy and poorly made. From my experience with HA’s I could tell (in most cases) the M13-T battery holder/latch probably would’t last a year before it broke.

Most hard plastic HA casing’s last forever though, unless you happen to step on one.

Unfortunately I’m having nothing but problems with both hearing aids. Pairing problems with my galaxy s9 especially with the Enzo. Problems pairing with both apps where I have to uninstall and then reinstall the app in order for the aids to pair with the apps. The inability of the phonak aid to use all the programs unless I use the app. Poor sound quality when streaming with the Enzo. Very frustrating and aggravating to the point that I can’t decide if I hear better. Reboot my phone and the Enzo loses pairing with Bluetooth. Nothing but aggravation to the point where right now I wouldn’t put money down on either aid. I don’t want to buy something that is going to be non stop problems and neither aid has shined in that category do far

A link to the actual PDF manual or datasheet would be better. I can’t magnify the image large enough to read it.

Info available to download from this page (see page 69 and 70 of Enzo-Q User Guide):
https://pro.resound.com/en-us/products/support-materials/enzo-q-support

Gee - always thought someone like you (with a profound) hearing loss would concentrate more on hearing directly with hearing aids in quiet and noisy settings, versus jumping to phone connection, streaming, problem with apps, etc. I think you putting the chicken before the egg and doing things backwards - but to each his own.

1 Like

I think I made it crystal clear that I can’t test a lot of thing because neither aid works properly. With my loss I know that speech interpretation is going to be limited at best. With the apps I can adjust peripherals to say bring up the volume on a mic while further reducing background. Without the app the aid only allows me to lower or increase all sound. Also the app allows me to widen or make narrow the field I’m listening to say when I’m in a restaurant. Just because my loss is profound doesn’t mean I should accept an aid that only kind of works or doesn’t supply the features that might make my life better. I haven’t been able to listen to music in 10 so streaming to me is a miracle. Hearing on my phone directly into my aids is something I haven’t done in years. Everyone texts me. So I need all those so called features to hear. That’s why they are provided. If they’re causing me problems now where will I be a year from now after I’ve shelled out thousands of dollars. I have better thing to do then constantly send the aids in for repairs. Every feature in these aids should work because every feature improves my quality of life. If the aids are garbage I’m not going to say well I don’t really need that feature. That’s ridiculous. I don’t buy a car where the windows don’t work and say I’ll just use the heater or the ac.

Did I mention the phonak aid does return to the priority program unless I have to use the myphonak app. It used to with a push of a button on the aid. Not anymore. I think that’s a pretty important program I can’t use if the aid won’t pair with the app. The only way to access it is to open and close the battery door

There are people with CI that have better hearing than you, so I think your expectations are rather high regarding phone usage/streaming. In fact most people with your level of hearing loss would mainly be concerned with improving normal conversation in various settings versus bluetooth connections.

I am guess you’re right. I expect the hearing aids to do what they’re supposed to do. I’m not looking for miracles. I realize my loss is going to be a challenge for any hearing aid. If I can’t hear so be it. But the hearing aid should at least work. Whether it helps me or not is another story. But I expect the hearing aid to do all the things the manufacturer claims it will do. Then and only then can I determine whether the aid will help me. So far during my trial period I have learned that both aids are unreliable at best. And that has nothing to do with how we well the aids help me. I if a feature doesn’t work at all the the aid is defective. It has nothing to do with weather it helps me or not. We’re talking about defective aids not defective hearing

1 Like

Last comment on this because I have better things to do than bang my head against the wall to someone who doesn’t want to listen. If I close the battery door on the aids and cycle through the programs and I can’t hear than yes that’s due to my loss. If I close the battery door with fresh batteries and the aids do nothing thats a defective aid. If the aid takes forever pairing to the phone or if the aids take forever pairing to the resound app or if the aids on their own drop the pairing when other aids I have tried do not do that implies that there’s a fault with the aids. None of this has to do with my abitity to hear with the aids. And yes a lot of people with my loss have cochlear implants. Since you don’t know me that comment is irrelevant. It certainly doesn’t stop the manufacturers from selling aids to people with my loss now does it. But all of that means nothing if the aids can’t even hook up to anything

1 Like

Thank you for discussing the problems you have been experiencing. I need to decide whether to keep my Prezas or try other aids. Your comments have alerted me to issues I need to find out about. I would be overwhelmed if I had to go through your experiences. I guess I need to spend a lot more time trying to figure out what to do next. I admit that the following marketing statement was impressive to me: “This new hearing solution was trusted by Mo O’Brien, Atlantic rower, when she decided to wear ReSound ENZO Q for the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge.” But I also want it all, i.e. better hearing and all the other help I can get from new technology.

Still no real reviews regarding the performance of the ReSound Enzo Q. No detailed feedback as how aid performs in various situations, nor which programs stand out. No thumbs up or down on how aids perform in noisy situations, or how well HA streams. Is the Enzo a big leap from the Linx Quattro or a small leap? How does the aid stack up against the competition? Hopefully someone will step up the plate and do decent review of the latest power hearing aid to hit the market before the year is out.

Not wanting to sound obtuse, but don’t you think there’s a pretty good reason at the moment why there are no reviews of this aid in crowded bars, trains, restaurants or airport terminals?

7 Likes

Oh so that’s the reason no review. No don’t think so because its lack of users unfortunately, since reviews are clearly lacking on power aids. In any case next time Blue Angels fly over my home, I’ll look for more “reviews” regarding noise/hearing aids. Thank U Um_bongo for your insightful thoughts.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that for most new model hearing aids that overall it’s a small step. For some it may be a big step. Some will see it as a step backwards. The only way to know is to try it yourself. Best to keep your expectations low and you’ll be less likely to be disappointed.