GN Hearing launches ReSound ENZO Q and new additions to LiNX Quattro

The Success of ReSound Technology Is Amplified and Multiplied for Even More People With Hearing Loss

• GN Hearing today launches multiple new ReSound hearing solutions based on a powerful chip platform, which offers impressive sound quality, connectivity and customer care for people with all types of hearing loss.

• New ReSound ENZO Q™ goes beyond powerful with a complete hearing solution that raises the bar for the Super Power category to help people with severe-to-profound hearing loss.

• The successful ReSound LiNX Quattro™ technology, rated #1 by hearing care professionals for sound quality and connectivity, is now extended to an extensive range, which includes four new hearing aids.

• GN Hearing’s renowned connectivity leadership is expanded to offer ReSound Assist Live(i) – a new solution that enhances convenient and personal support in real time – as well as other new best-in-class connectivity options.

February 27, 2020 03:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

BALLERUP, Denmark–(BUSINESS WIRE)–GN Hearing, the innovation leader in hearing aid technology, today launches a range of exciting new ReSound hearing aid solutions, a move which is in line with the company’s continuous strategic focus on innovation leadership, as communicated as part of the strategy for 2020 and beyond. No matter the degree of hearing loss, the new solutions aim to solve the key listening challenges of people with hearing loss where and when they need it most.

Globally, 466 million people have a disabling hearing loss(ii). GN Hearing wants to help every person with hearing loss improve their hearing and live each day to the full. This extensive launch testifies to GN Hearing’s innovation leadership and dedication to helping people with all types of hearing loss, thanks to its leading sound quality, connectivity and customer care.

“We are now taking the first step to implement the new strategy with new solutions that are a significant leap forward in terms of offering even more people access to the benefits of GN Hearing’s technology. We strive to constantly listen to and learn from our customers, and in doing so, we have developed a full range of solutions that meets the diverse needs of each individual and thereby improves their customer experience,” says Gitte Aabo, CEO and President at GN Hearing.

ReSound ENZO Q – Beyond powerful

For people with severe-to-profound hearing loss, ReSound ENZO Q heralds a new and complete hearing solution, based on the remarkable chip platform of the market-leading ReSound LiNX Quattro product family. Available in High Power and Super Power models, this new solution offers a 100% speed increase, 30% more computing power, 20% less power consumption and 100% more memory compared to its predecessor ReSound ENZO 3D™. Customers can enjoy a 60% average improvement in hearing speech in front of them in noisy environments(iii), which is a major challenge for people with hearing loss. The result is the ability to hear high frequency sounds, better speech intelligibility and all-round listening, and just-right volume and noise reduction. People can go about their daily lives with confidence and a reliable, hassle-free hearing experience.

This new hearing solution was trusted by Mo O’Brien, Atlantic rower, when she decided to wear ReSound ENZO Q for the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge. After 49 grueling days at sea, she crossed the finish line to become the first person with profound hearing loss to row across the Atlantic Ocean, doing so with her all-female team, and crediting ReSound ENZO Q for helping her smash ‘the world’s toughest row’. Even when not rowing an ocean, sound clarity and the ability to hear in noisy environments are vitally important for people with severe-to-profound hearing loss –– and this new solution is a clear answer to their needs.

ReSound LiNX Quattro success extended – Reinforced connectivity leadership

GN Hearing also launches new additions to ReSound LiNX Quattro, the Premium-Plus hearing solution with the industry’s highest input dynamic range and an extended bandwidth of up to 9.5 kHz, which is recognized by hearing care professionals as a clear winner for sound quality(iv).

This popular range now offers three new BTE hearing aids and a mini RIE model, which are eagerly anticipated by people with mild-to-severe hearing loss. These hearing aids offer the renowned ReSound LiNX Quattro sound quality, comfort, ease of use and aesthetically pleasing design. More people can now enjoy a brilliant sound experience with Layers of Sound, which underpins GN Hearing’s innovation leadership.

ReSound Assist Live – A step towards improved customer experience

GN Hearing is positioned in a league of its own for connectivity, as demonstrated by this launch with telecoil and Direct Audio Input (DAI) options, and class-leading direct streaming from compatible iOS and Android™ devices(v). The new ReSound Assist Live(i), an innovative new feature of the popular ReSound Assist customer care solution, delivers a heightened level of customer experience and business support for hearing care professionals.

This expansion of GN Hearing’s connectivity leadership brings even more benefits to people with hearing loss. People can connect to announcements in public places, such as museums and sports grounds via telecoil. Streaming of phone calls, music or any other audio is made easy directly from smartphones and tablets to ReSound hearing aids using Bluetooth® Low Energy(v). Hearing aid users can utilize GN Hearing’s existing remote fine-tuning solution, and now, with new ReSound Assist Live, they can also enjoy convenient real-time and face-to-face online support sessions with their hearing care professional at a convenient time and place.

The full product portfolio is globally available by the end of February, and it is equally available for Beltone Amaze™ and Beltone Boost Ultra™.

(i) ReSound Assist Live is launched in the US and Canada on February 28 and then subsequently available in other countries around the world from May 2020.

(ii) WHO, Deafness and hearing loss (last accessed January 2020)

(iii) Benefit of directional microphone compared to omnidirectional microphone (data on file).

(iv) Schumacher et al: The Power of the Demo: An Innovative Field Study Offers a New Perspective, 2019

(v) Learn more about ReSound compatibility: https://www.resound.com/en/help/compatibility

1 Like

I have a question… I have severe hearing loss mostly in the high frequencies and was fitted a couple yrs. ago with the resound quattros and really like them… at that time I thought this was the latest and greatest from resound… now I see the enzo q is for severe to profound loss and that the quattros have been updated… which is the difference between them, and if they are both for severe to profound loss and which is the best HA

If your loss is mainly severe in the high frequencies, the Quattro is likely a better choice than the Enzo Q. The Enzo Q would be better for profound losses below 4000 hz.

For people with severe-to-profound hearing loss, ReSound ENZO Q heralds a solution based on the chip platform of the ReSound LiNX Quattro product family. Available in High Power and Super Power models, this solution offers a 100% speed increase, 30% more computing power, 20% less power consumption and 100% more memory compared to its predecessor ReSound ENZO 3D.

Couple questions to board. Is the Resound ENZO Q actually a new power hearing aid. Or just a souped up Resound Enzo 3D? As we know HA marketing many times is like putting lipstick on a pig and then reselling that “supposed” new aid (as new technology), when in fact the advertised new aid is really no different from the previous model.

Can’t find the hearing range chart for the “Super Power SP BTE 98” so if anyone can find and post it would be appreciated. Also curious how SP BTE 98 range chart compares to Oticon Exceed and Naida Marvel SP?

So in the last six months or so we’ve now had two SP hearing aids hit the market and (one) Ultra power aid. The most powerful of the group might be the Exceed but for what ever reason not many reviews have surfaced. Hoping to see March reviews or the Naida Marvel SP and now the Resound Enzo Q. That is if the Enzo Q is a step up from previous Resound power aids.

1 Like

Well I need to do a little home work on the Enzo Q but looking at the fitting chart it sure seems to match any Ultra Power aids on the market. And one plus with the Resound HA’s is they stream directly to your HA, with no clip or attachment necessary. Oticon requires a connect clip which I understand last six months or so and then you have to replace, since internal battery cannot be replaced. I also like the fact the Enzo Q has a 675 battery which can last a good 10 days plus depending on how much streaming you do. Need to compare Naida Marvel SP to Enzo Q to see which might have a advantage over the other.

As far is streaming part is concerned for Android phones it should have Bluetooth 5.0 and Android 10 at least. Also ASHA should be enabled by the manufacturer to directly stream audio to your aids

Resound has a compatibility page on their website: https://www.resound.com/en-us/help/compatibility#androiddevice
Currently, it’s Pixel 3 and 4 series and Samsung S9 and S10 series.

It’s the Quattro version of the Enzo 3D.

So it will have the same kind improvements we saw between the Linx 3D and Quattro. The most substantial of which (that you’d never be aware of) is a BLE Aerial that offers 4-6dB extra gain - this virtually guarantees the signal between the device and the paired accessory/phone/programmer, which means that fewer errors are thrown, there are less dropouts and less crashing of the comms on either end.

Additionally, there’s more processors in there, the feedback manager is better and the speech processing offers more enhancement as does the refinement in directionality.

So: will it sound any different ? Possibly. Does it contain a significant upgrade? Yes.

3 Likes

Is it my imagination or does this aid seem to be cheaply made. Has anyone had problems with the shell in particular breaking?

1 Like

Well your the first to trail the Enzo Q Hass5744, so maybe you need to answer your own question. There have been no complaints regarding the Resound Linx Quattro, nor the Resound linx 3D casing. With that said when I tested the Phonak M13-T last year I found the battery compartment holder to be flimsy and poorly made. From my experience with HA’s I could tell (in most cases) the M13-T battery holder/latch probably would’t last a year before it broke.

Most hard plastic HA casing’s last forever though, unless you happen to step on one.

Unfortunately I’m having nothing but problems with both hearing aids. Pairing problems with my galaxy s9 especially with the Enzo. Problems pairing with both apps where I have to uninstall and then reinstall the app in order for the aids to pair with the apps. The inability of the phonak aid to use all the programs unless I use the app. Poor sound quality when streaming with the Enzo. Very frustrating and aggravating to the point that I can’t decide if I hear better. Reboot my phone and the Enzo loses pairing with Bluetooth. Nothing but aggravation to the point where right now I wouldn’t put money down on either aid. I don’t want to buy something that is going to be non stop problems and neither aid has shined in that category do far

A link to the actual PDF manual or datasheet would be better. I can’t magnify the image large enough to read it.

Info available to download from this page (see page 69 and 70 of Enzo-Q User Guide):
https://pro.resound.com/en-us/products/support-materials/enzo-q-support

Gee - always thought someone like you (with a profound) hearing loss would concentrate more on hearing directly with hearing aids in quiet and noisy settings, versus jumping to phone connection, streaming, problem with apps, etc. I think you putting the chicken before the egg and doing things backwards - but to each his own.

1 Like

I think I made it crystal clear that I can’t test a lot of thing because neither aid works properly. With my loss I know that speech interpretation is going to be limited at best. With the apps I can adjust peripherals to say bring up the volume on a mic while further reducing background. Without the app the aid only allows me to lower or increase all sound. Also the app allows me to widen or make narrow the field I’m listening to say when I’m in a restaurant. Just because my loss is profound doesn’t mean I should accept an aid that only kind of works or doesn’t supply the features that might make my life better. I haven’t been able to listen to music in 10 so streaming to me is a miracle. Hearing on my phone directly into my aids is something I haven’t done in years. Everyone texts me. So I need all those so called features to hear. That’s why they are provided. If they’re causing me problems now where will I be a year from now after I’ve shelled out thousands of dollars. I have better thing to do then constantly send the aids in for repairs. Every feature in these aids should work because every feature improves my quality of life. If the aids are garbage I’m not going to say well I don’t really need that feature. That’s ridiculous. I don’t buy a car where the windows don’t work and say I’ll just use the heater or the ac.

Did I mention the phonak aid does return to the priority program unless I have to use the myphonak app. It used to with a push of a button on the aid. Not anymore. I think that’s a pretty important program I can’t use if the aid won’t pair with the app. The only way to access it is to open and close the battery door

There are people with CI that have better hearing than you, so I think your expectations are rather high regarding phone usage/streaming. In fact most people with your level of hearing loss would mainly be concerned with improving normal conversation in various settings versus bluetooth connections.

I am guess you’re right. I expect the hearing aids to do what they’re supposed to do. I’m not looking for miracles. I realize my loss is going to be a challenge for any hearing aid. If I can’t hear so be it. But the hearing aid should at least work. Whether it helps me or not is another story. But I expect the hearing aid to do all the things the manufacturer claims it will do. Then and only then can I determine whether the aid will help me. So far during my trial period I have learned that both aids are unreliable at best. And that has nothing to do with how we well the aids help me. I if a feature doesn’t work at all the the aid is defective. It has nothing to do with weather it helps me or not. We’re talking about defective aids not defective hearing

1 Like

Last comment on this because I have better things to do than bang my head against the wall to someone who doesn’t want to listen. If I close the battery door on the aids and cycle through the programs and I can’t hear than yes that’s due to my loss. If I close the battery door with fresh batteries and the aids do nothing thats a defective aid. If the aid takes forever pairing to the phone or if the aids take forever pairing to the resound app or if the aids on their own drop the pairing when other aids I have tried do not do that implies that there’s a fault with the aids. None of this has to do with my abitity to hear with the aids. And yes a lot of people with my loss have cochlear implants. Since you don’t know me that comment is irrelevant. It certainly doesn’t stop the manufacturers from selling aids to people with my loss now does it. But all of that means nothing if the aids can’t even hook up to anything

1 Like

Thank you for discussing the problems you have been experiencing. I need to decide whether to keep my Prezas or try other aids. Your comments have alerted me to issues I need to find out about. I would be overwhelmed if I had to go through your experiences. I guess I need to spend a lot more time trying to figure out what to do next. I admit that the following marketing statement was impressive to me: “This new hearing solution was trusted by Mo O’Brien, Atlantic rower, when she decided to wear ReSound ENZO Q for the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge.” But I also want it all, i.e. better hearing and all the other help I can get from new technology.