Easy Line Remote not working with Pixel 6

I’ve had the Pixel 6 March update for a couple of weeks now. There is good news and bad news. First the good. I can now reliably connect the KS10s to the Easy Line app where I can see information about both aids Before this update connecting was hit and miss and I could never connect the app to the right aid.
The bad news is that the power drain is still way excessive on the right aid. With my pixel 3 I would always end the day at about 40% power remaining. I never saw a charging aid light up RED. Since the Pixel 6, the right aid almost always lights up RED. Last night the power remaining was 7% on the right and 33% on the left. The previous night the numbers were 2% on right and 29% on left. That seems to be my fate. On days with heavy usage, I think that I should give the aids a short mid day charge. Bummer I have whined again to Google disability.

We’re not alone … I recently saw an article claiming that HAs are having power problems with the latest iPhones.

I never had any problems connecting to my KS10 aids, but I too am experiencing rapid battery drainage with my Pixel 6.

I’ve just had a chat session with Google support, who told me that they have had no other reports of this problem. I’m going to try the Pixel 3a (also updated to the latest Android version) again for a day and see what happens with the battery life.

They lie! My contact at Google disability says that they have a lot of complaints. I’ve taken to turning bluetooth on/off during the day to work around the HA battery drain. I’m surprised that there isn’t more whining on the forum about this issue. My pixel 3 had way better sound than my pixel 6 so I really feel the need to use the HA when on a phone call, but I can resolve the issue by turning on bluetooth when on a call. Seems wrong to have to work around issues on a premium phone.

@bob

There are lot of threads / posts about the battery drain on Phonaks with Pixel phones.

Some are more updated then others.

Sorry but you need to read the last post by Bob in which he stated that he saw an article that the latest Iphones were having power problems too.

I gave up trying to get my Pixel 3aXL correctly after connections started going anywhere around March. They improved a little bit around May or June. The right battery would be dead in 12 hours while the left one had 20+ percent.
Just got Samsung mid-level A53. Works perfectly.

No personal experience with Samsung phones, but I think I saw a report here from someone who had the same battery-discharge problem with a Samsung phone and Android 12 (no idea what model).

The Android 13 beta4 does fix the problem for me with my Pixel 6 phone, but your Pixel 3a XL (my previous phone too) would no longer be getting updates.

I just got a pixel 6a and updated to 13 beta. . I connected my ks9’s using settings > connected devices. Went fine but only showed 1 ha. Streaming worked fine.

I then tried to use ELR and it never connected. I forgot the earlier connection and after a few tries one at a time I got the order right and it connected and worked. They had LE in the name. So I assume that meant bluetooth low energy. With this I could not stream anything.

Anyone have this working with both even with other hardware?

You need all three connections, the classic BT connection in the phone settings, and the two LEs in the app. The LE settings let you control the HAs from the app. The classic connection is the one for streaming and it only goes to the one configured to be the BT master.

WH

1 Like

I don’t know whether it’s different with the KS9, but with my KS10 aids the streaming is via the “R-KS hearing aid.” The LE connections are for control of the aids with the Easy Line Remote app. So now try re-pairing the RH aid from the Settings → Connected Devices screen.

2 Likes

I will keep trying. Can’t seem to get both paired at the same time. Maybe the beta or the ks9’s. Will try with my pixel 1 and see if it works with that.

Thanks