Ear molds. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Pros? Cons? Problems? (Phonak Lumity)

I have to self program my Step Mums Phonak M70 and it’s so much harder as I don’t know what she’s hearing.

Her NHS Aids are not Bluetooth which is why she got the Phonak Bolero/Sky M70 M.

2 Likes

I had a look at a friends’ single Naida UP, with moderate to profound loss, and a big area of SoundRecover2. I added a couple of Additional programmes but didn’t touch the programming. Definitely scared me off :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Back in the late 60s or early 70 I gigged in what I think was called “Northways Lounge” or something like that.

Big picture windows where you could see the ships and barges going through the canal that lead to the locks.

Nice bar, but with the big picture windows, the acoustics were terrible. The drums used to echo off the glass and arrive a fraction of a second later.

---- Back on topic —

Right now, I think I’m too shy to DIY adjusting my own aids.

Seems to me that my lack of knowledge about how to do that would give me more odds of screwing things up, and possibly damaging my ears.

I’m sure I could learn, but I don’t want to take the time to do that.

I have an online business selling snippets of my music to other musicians who use the snippits and call them their own, I’m a gigging musician in a duo, and I make our own backing tracks for new songs.

That means for every new song we learn I have to learn the drum, bass, keyboard, guitar, and other parts well enough to record them. It’s very time consuming. That’s why other musicians buy from my online business.

3 Likes

I have try #2 and #3. I’m not sure which is better, but they both work.

Is it possible for me to swap them myself, without going to the Audi?

If so, how, and what do I need?

Thanks.