DIY School - (v2.0)

Clip from a DIY School PDF file named (02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids)
Though, this is only the first paragraph of explanation.
Tip: you can click the image to enlarge;

We have reached the sentence-by-sentence ludicrous stage, Again.

Earth calling Newbies; you are being greeted with these ubiquitous (Don’t forget your Programming device) messages and are never/ever told about the fact that programming devices are plainly listed/specified in DIY School (BY Brand and By Each Hearing Aid Model).

Did you know that the other poster will never/ever mention DIY School to you?

Yeah it’s not a good sign when your audiologist wants that kind of fee, you’ll find most us were in this situation ourselves, so don’t worry no need to apologise.

It’s ok, PVC knows it was me.

Yeah, and I am used to it.

Yes you most certainly can, it’s very easy, if you want, you can follow instructions given by another member, or you can post new questions in a new topic.

Do you have to have your audiogram or is that store in your hearing aids ?

Some fitting software brands do and some don’t. I never kept track of which because I don’t have all brands of hearing aids.

But it doesn’t matter much. Your settings/gain for each frequency and for each ear are already setup with or without your audiogram.

If you start over from scratch and wish to have the settings based on your audiogram then Yes, it becomes important. Also the audiogram may contain other measurements (bone conduction etc) and other things that are input to your first fit. But you already have the settings stored in your hearing aids so use that.

Also you can type your audiogram into your database Client for reference. Though, It won’t change your settings which have already been setup.

I found the answer in the DIY school.
“ Professionally fit hearing aids use your paper audiogram (or a digital version) to enter your
hearing loss into the fitting software, and then use an additional measuring system to achieve
REM/Real Ear Measurement. These settings are stored in the hearing aids that you purchased,
or if you didn’t purchase the HAs maybe you got a copy of your paper audiogram. ”

Also my audiologist charged me last year 300 dollars for a mistake they made. I figured out after reading your DIY. When they replaced one hearing aid under warranty then programmed it by itself. Then they charged me for the other hearing aid out of warranty when they did not work together, they said the hearing aid was broken but it wasn’t, and the audiologist I realize now made this mistake.

“ Don’t program only one hearing aid of a pair. Wireless Hearing Aids/HAs (which is almost all modern HAs) are automatically matched/paired together during a fitting session using the manufacturer’s fitting
software. This is not the same as standard Bluetooth pairing for streaming audio which can be un-paired and re-paired to various Bluetooth devices. Instead, this pairing is designed to allow your left/right HAs
to communicate only with each other and not mistakenly communicate with other nearby HAs. This facilitates binaural features such as pressing a button on one HA to change volume in both HAs plus many other binaural features, such as binaural automatic speech-in-noise adjustments when you walk
into a crowded restaurant. If you inadvertently program only one hearing aid of a pair (maybe because of factory repair, or perhaps one HA was lost) then the binaural communication will be disabled. ”

1 Like

Hi there, could use a pay it forward link for Genie 2 (I have the oticon more and connect clip), I mainly am trying to figure out how to further update my connect clip firmware.

1 Like

can anyone please send me a link to the newest connexx programming software?

thank you

Hi @user248 Welcome to the DIY (semi-hidden) category of the forum.

In addition to this DIY Software Prerequisite which you are inquiring about, there is also a DIY Hardware Prerequisite. That is, you will also need to use hardware (a Hearing Aid Programming Device).

Tip: Click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School.
Suggested DIY School reading:

• 02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Signia

Note that there are other versions of Connexx (for example Connexx for Rexton) and also older versions of Connexx for Legacy.

Snip from Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Signia;
Tip: Click image to enlarge.

Thanks to @user244 for confirming that a firmware update to Oticon’s CONNECT CLIP can be performed thru its USB connection, and without the need for a (Hearing Aid Programming Device) :heavy_check_mark:

and to my current antagonist → :mosquito: Stop It!

Sure, what HAs are you using at the moment, this will determine the correct programming device, Connexx is super easy to use (I use it myself) check out the user guide for Connexx as well, very handy tips there.

If you have any other questions just start a new topic, as there’s plenty of us who DIY to help you along.

He is using one of the Insio models and he already knows which programming device to use because the program devices for each brand (in this case Signia) and for each model (see a partial clip of the models above) are listed in a DIY School document named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Signia).

ive been programming my own for a long long time. my insurance changed and went from starkey to signia. i already have a NOAHlink on order…picked up my new insios today. programmer should be here in a couple days and ive already gotten connexx installed, so im all good…thanks a billion for your help

1 Like

Suggestion: Maybe you should look at How to change your username because it is difficult for others to differentiate between (user230, user240, user248) etc?

btw> I am not at all sure how the above linked procedure works because I have not tested how to change my username. Also, after 30 days you will no longer have the ability to change your username. :wink:

Good on you for doing DIY, so you’ve ordered a NOAHlink for your Insio, which model have you got AX or NX as there’s wireless programming that could possibly be used.