DIY School - (v2.0)

Sure, but don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for your DIY projects.

Suggested reading; → DIY School (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon) AND/OR

• DIY School (Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; More-Own)
  • DIY School (Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; Opn-OpnS)

Click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School.

2 Likes

How can I get Gene2 software?

Welcome to the forum, don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for DIY projects.

For the Oticon OPN 3

I thought Oticon Opn 3 used only the Noahlink Wireless on all its newer models.

Click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School.
Suggested DIY School reading → Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon

Here’s a sample Clip; Tip: Click image to enlarge.

1 Like

But Don’t Forget :wink:

Oticon Opn1, Oticon Opn2, and Oticon Opn3 are all the same widget. The latter two are just de-featured versions of Oticon Opn1.

Yes can do, you can also use other programming devices as well.

Perhaps you don’t appreciate the degree of difficulty it takes to come up with one-liner “don’t-forget” answers that cover all situations (while avoiding any reference to DIY School).

So maybe give him a break. It’s a difficult task! Especially on the DIY School topic itself! :wink:

You still has a lot of work to do to get things right, the DIY school is right here from everyone on hearingtracker, I’m sure over time he’ll be able to work things out.

Any other questions just start a new topic, we have plenty of DIY people on the forum to help you out.

I’m looking for the Genie 2 software as well.
I know I’ll need a Noahlink Wireless, but per the advice in the DIY School documents, I am seeking the software first. Also for an OPN 3.

Genie 2 works for Opn hearing aids.

The industry standard Noahlink Wireless is pretty much the best choice for programming device when Noahlink Wireless has the ability to program the hearing aids that you have.

Now, let’s talk about the one-liner “don’t-forget” answers listed at the bottom of this post. I find the one-liner “don’t-forget” answers are more of a distraction than helpful information. Especially since the correct programming device(s) have been meticulously listed and are readily available in these DIY School PDF files.

• Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Phonak
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for ReSound
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Rexton
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Signia
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Starkey
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Unitron
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Widex

Although, it takes a high level of skill to always provide the correct one-liner “don’t-forget” answers (like the one-liners below) the correct programming device is already listed for you in DIY School!

• Don’t forget your programming device.
  • Don’t forget your correct programming device.
  • Don’t forget you’ll also need the correct programming device.
  • Don’t forget your Noahlink wireless programming device.
  • Don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well for DIY projects.
  • Don’t forget your programming device, in your case Noahlink wireless.
  • Don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well.
2 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn’t work on older models of HAs, so depending on “which” HAs one may have, so the correct advice is to make sure they are “aware” they need a “programming device”

I find them very helpful for the people asking " not for you" duh nobody cares if you think it’s helpful to you or not.

It’s always best to get the correct information from the software you intend to use on your HAs, not “cut & paste” maybes from the internet,still looking for those “brownie points”

Well you got it right, finally!

Actually the correct programming device can easily be found in the manufacturer software, that’s the same place you get your information right.

So the biggest “distraction” on this DIY forum is you! constantly complaining about other people offering advice, your constant need for “look at me, look what I’ve done” no one cares, people just come here to look for advice, and all you care about is how much effort you’ve put into your “cut & paste” files but nobody asked you to do it.
It’s a free public forum and open to everyone.

1 Like

Thank you I am new to all this but the thought of paying audiologist who I bought the hearing aids from this year wants 299.00 just to adjust my programming for speech in noise. So for that price I think its time to learn. Thank sorry if my question seem newbie.

1 Like

I did not write this

I did not write this and I appreciate the help you are giving a newbie.

Thank you very much for helping a newbie

Really like this site and thank you again. Can you download your existing setting, once you have the noahlink, to the software app?