DIY School - (v2.0)

Yes, I talked to him last week. He might be (as you say in Australia) retard. :wink:

His phone number and email are not working weird.

If anything bad happens with a purchase from the Internet, just use your Credit Card chargeback rights given to you by state and federal law. Just make an attempt to resolve the dispute first, then file a dispute with your credit card company.

Make them pay for return shipping, even if it says no returns.

Wait 60 to 90 days and Voila, you get the money back.

PVC this was me asking you have you ordered items from them before. It was not me asking you what my legal rights were. I wanted to know so that the parts arrive in time for me to test the expresslink 3 I ordered from eBay. I was concerned when their phone number didn’t work and their email address is not working. I was also concerned because my credit card has been charged and I was sent an invoice but the email address the invoice came from was the same bad email address. I was trying to ask you if you had ordered items from them before because that would alleviate any worries I had about whether the website was legitimate.

Okay, Yes I have ordered though a long time ago.

Was the hearing club pretty quick at shipping if you remember?

I don’t recall any problems.

I just started my Target 8.0.3 and it mentioned an update to 8.1.0…which I performed. It’s marked with the usual “stability and performance” blabla. No further information whatsoever.
There is also an update for my Audéo Lumity Trails L90 available, which I didn’t do as they do not belong to me :wink:

Just to mention.

2 Likes

A clip from the FDA warning when you first install Phonak Target;

• Note: Hearing loss in people younger than 18
  • People younger than 18 should see a doctor first, preferably an ear-nose-throat doctor (an ENT), because they may have different needs than adults.
  • The doctor will identify and treat medical conditions as appropriate.
  • The doctor may refer the person to an audiologist for a separate test, a hearing aid evaluation.
  • The hearing aid evaluation will help the audiologist select and fit the appropriate hearing aid.

A person who is younger than 18 years old with hearing loss should have a medical evaluation by a doctor, preferably an ENT, before buying a hearing aid. The purpose of a medical evaluation is to identify and treat medical conditions that may affect the hearing but that a hearing aid won’t treat on its own.

Following the medical evaluation and if appropriate, the doctor will provide a written statement that the hearing loss has been medically evaluated and the person is a candidate for a hearing aid. The doctor may refer the person to an audiologist for a hearing aid evaluation, which is different from the medical evaluation and is intended to identify the appropriate hearing aid.

The audiologist will conduct a hearing aid evaluation to assess the person’s ability to hear with and without hearing aid. This will enable the audiologist to select and fit a hearing aid for the person’s individual needs. An audiologist can also provide evaluation and rehabilitation since, for people younger than 18 hearing loss may cause problems in language development and educational and social growth. An audiologist is qualified by training and experience to assist in the evaluation and rehabilitation of hearing loss in people younger than 18.

Hello, would anyone be so kind as to share a download link for Connexx 9.7.0/RexFit9.7.0?
I’d really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum, sure but don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for DIY projects.

Connexx 9 is for Signia hearing aids right

I received the cs 44 cables and flex strips for the OPN 1s from thehearingclub.com as you suggested they did not work so he is sending me new ones. He was quick at getting back to me. Also he knows his email is not working and is fixing it. Thought you might want to know PVC.

1 Like

Connexx 9 is for whatever hearing instruments database it is paired with; mainly Signia, Rexton, and several others too.

Why would the flexstrips not work? They look like this, right? Battery in, right?

Cables looked damaged and used. I hooked expresslink 3 to computer, recognize by Genie 2, hooked both cs 44 cables to expresslink 3 , attached flex strips with dot facing away from battery door as above, attached to cs 44 connection lining up dots. Genie 2 could not connect to hearing aids.
Its all good talked to gentleman from thehearingclub, he is sending me new cables be here Monday. He was super nice. I just want to update the firmware on Oticon OPN 1.

As an aside are you verifying (for us) that CS44 cables (mini DIN style at the large plug end of the cable) and like the pictures below will fit the Expresslink 3? That has been a question mark for me because I have never seen an Expresslink up close?

c3
c2

Here is a close up. CS 44 cables have glue gun glue at the end that connects to expresslink 3 ,mini din, as if the have been repaired think that is why they dont work. The flex cables have some really bad bends they should not they are a delicate cable. The only reason I can think of it not working. As genie 2 can you is recognizing.the serial number on the expresslink 3 , but when I try to connect no connection can be established.

Please stop guessing.

What is your selection for Genie2/Preferences/Programming Device? Click Detect and use Windows Snipping tool to show us a picture of your Programming device.

Also Run Windows Device Manager and find the Expresslink device and look at the driver.

After Detect;

The expresslink 3 shows up fine and is selected. Just when you go to update hearing aids it says not detected.

Oh, okay. Sorry. You have progressed beyond programming device selection.

Fresh Batteries in the hearing aids?