DIY School - (v2.0)

No its cool I was hoping you would think of something I missed. Fresh batteries yes. The flex strip gold connectors were oxidized I even tried cleaning them with eraser softly. I think new cables the answer not ones that had bends in them. Unless I missed something.

Also the flexstrips need to be straight in. Not off to one side or the other side.

ETA: The reason for fresh batteries it to not fail during a firmware upgrade and brick the hearing aids, otherwise any batteries with juice left will do.

That was a definite on straight.

I can’t think of anything else. Glue gun glue not a good sign???

Oh, if it was a flexstrip problem then Both flexstrips would need to be failing because both sides fail to Detect. Oh, oxidized flexstrips also not a good sign???

Ya both sides no detection.

I am fine he prolly did not notice the ones he sent. Thats why I am glad he sending new ones, they will be here Monday. Things happen I am good. If Genie is detecting the expresslink then its good.

Thanks for looking for an answer.

Hi, I’m looking for the G e n i e 2 software. For More 1. Can you help me? I’m waiting for NoaHlink wireless to be delivered. So I’m joining to this group :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum, sure it’s available, it’s good you’ve got your Noahlink wireless on the way, you should check out a the user guides as well, you can find even more information by clicking on @pvc avatar

Hello…I’m new to the forum and enjoy reading the posts. It’s refreshing to know there are excellent people on this forum who truly understand DIY and give their time to support others. I’m looking for the proper Genie programming software that will assist me with my Oticon More 1 R. Could someone help with a download link, which would be the Genie 2 software. I’ve already order the Noahlink. Thanks in advance!

In-situ crashed again while using it after Genie updated. I think it crashes when I try to use anything in Genie 2 before I use in-situ, not 100 positive, but pretty sure. I found if I go to in-situ first before anything else then Genie 2 does not crash or at least has not yet.

Hi there, sure it’s available, great you’ve got your Noahlink wireless on the way, did you read the user guide from here.

Also lot’s more information can be found clicking on @pvc avatar if you need it.

I’ve started the reading process. I was able to upload the Genie 2. I thought I read on the Noahlink that compatibility with a Oticon More 1 R may be an issue because of the “rechargeable” battery. I’ll figure it out as I go. Many of the posts I have been reading are yours and pvc. You both are definitely the major contributors for DIY. Grateful that you are there.

Wow that’s really strange, I can’t imagine what this “bug” is actually doing, but as least you’re found a work around for now.

Is there a bug report/log in genie? you may be able to find something there.

I don’t know about this, you’ll need to ask @pvc and see what he says, hopefully there’s nothing to worry about.

No issue that I know of with Oticon More 1 R, except that it requires a step-by-step procedure to replace the rechargeable batteries which includes resetting the battery statistics.

Ok. Thanks pvc. Will keep you all posted.

Updated DIY School PDF File named (Buying Rechargeable Hearing Aids) to include the caveat;

"Hearing aid manufacturers are currently offsetting the cost of fixing these non-replaceable batteries by allowing free factory repair under warranty. Though, be careful when buying used rechargeable hearing aids without a warranty as you will be on you own!!".

Can’t you just open the hearing aid and put in a new rechargeable battery by removing the pins?

Here’s a snip from DIY School (Buying Rechargeable Hearing Aids)

Demant/Oticon used rechargeable HAs may be okay if you have a source for fresh rechargeable batteries. Here’s some links to detailed forum discussion for reference: