Costco to get Jabra Enhance Pro 20

According to one online source (a Costco employee, although that proves nothing), Costco is about to add the Jabra Enhance Pro 20 to their available hearing aids.

6 Likes

But not soon enough. :smile:

My 6 months are up…

1 Like

I think within the month.

Hello. First post for me.
The Jabra Enhance Pro 20 is already available to order in Canada. I have an appointment this week to do the measurements and to order these. These will be my first hearing aids.
Apparently the Enhance Pro 20 is smaller than the Enhance Pro 10. It’s also somewhat future proof with support for Low Energy Audio and Auracast.
There doesn’t seem to be any information available on Jabra’s US website. But technical info/brochures etc. are available on the Jabra Canada website. It is the same technology as the ReSound Nexia that was just released.
Available in rechargeable and disposable battery versions as far as I can tell.

9 Likes

Can confirm. Canada support page is up.
The official Jabra YouTube channel just dropped a bunch of videos too.

5 Likes

I have just gotten Philips 9040’s, but had I done a little more research, I might have gone with the Jabra Enhance Pro 10. I’ll see how these work, and I may make the move to the 20’s.

Jabra Enhance Pro 20 support page is now up on the US site.(Jabra Enhance Pro 20 | Jabra Support)

4 Likes

Jabra just put up a website saying they are available at Costco Stores.

3 Likes

Any info on the differences from the 10?

They are touting improved speak clarity, implementing Auracast technology and the newest implementation of le Bluetooth.

1 Like

They say the newest Bluetooth LE version will permit hands free calls. They also point out these has will be smaller.

1 Like

It’s the ReSound Nexia in disguise…not!

1 Like

11/8/23 - I just got home from Costco in Wenatchee, WA. Had a hearing test and ordered the new Jabra Enhance Pro 20. The HIS said they became available this past Monday for order. Mine will be fitted on November 20th.

4 Likes

Curious, did they offer any Jabra model with disposable batteries?

No mention of battery version that I saw. They only talk about rechargeables that will last an entire day plus the travel charger included that will give 3 full charges.

1 Like

In Canada there are two disposable battery version, one with a 312 battery and one with a 13 battery.
The attached Quick Reference Guide (Canada Version) gives more info.
The US website does not seem to show any support information for the 312 battery version so I’m not sure it’s available in the US.
Jabra Enhance Pro 20 Quick Reference Guide-Canada.pdf (487.4 KB)

3 Likes

They offered Lithium battery with a case, one with size 12 battery and with size 13 battery which comes standard with Bluetooth LE, Auracast and a Telecoil. I chose the Size 13 battery. I use my aids from 6 AM to 10PM and wanted a battery that will last 4-5 days.

2 Likes

Very interesting to hear about the Jabra EP 20 at Costco. I’ll be very interested to hear about others experience with these for BT support/use with Android.

Hopefully a new version will improve performance vs. Jabra EP 10. I purchased Jabra EP10 last spring and used for two months – prior HAs were KS9 (i.e. Phonak Marvel). I really liked the sound with Jabra vs. KS9/Phonak as it was more “open” type of sound and not as directional as Phonak IMHO. The Jabra app was also great. Android performance with Jabra 10s however, was just not sufficient for me for both phone (hands-free) use and with streaming. Sound was inconsistent, and was localized in both ears, vs. presenting a more unified stereo effect, if that makes sense.

I played around with it quite a bit, and assessed several different times with my Audi at Costco, but A-B testing with Android BT for Jabra and KS9s just wasn’t comparable. So, I returned Jabras and went back to KS9s. Now, I will be interested to assess if Jabra EP 20s are worthwhile to explore once again with Android.

2 Likes

I visited my Costco in San Antonio on Friday. I wanted to know more about the new Streamer+, whether it was also backward compatible with earlier ReSound aids like the Omnias or could only work with the Nexias. The Costco rep I spoke to only knew that the TV Streamer 2 was being sold to go with the Jabra Enhance Pro 20s (and I know it’s supposed to work with the Nexias, too - that’s why I thought the Streamer+ might also be backward compatible). The guy I spoke to certainly didn’t know much about BT LE Audio vs. MFi devices, etc. So, there might be a learning curve at Costcos about what they’re selling! Buyer Beware! He did confirm what I already knew - you can’t buy accessories with your insurance coverage as they’re not medical devices.

2 Likes

Yes, with some “Smart” TVs. Look for this in the Specifications:
" Bluetooth Enabled

The device is capable of communicating with another device via Bluetooth, provided they are within the required range of each other. A Bluetooth-enabled device must also be the same Bluetooth version or higher than the accessory it is intended to pair with."
I don’t think they are common. I tried one from Best Buy once and the Bluetooth worked fine with my KS10 hearing aids but the channel tuner didn’t work well so I returned it.

1 Like