Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

That’s great news.
Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

For Canadians i can confirm that ks9 are roger enabled with tcoil. I can confirm costco not installing roger or selling any Roger gear yet. I can confirm price for ks9 is 1999.99 can.

And i also can confirm most places dont want to touch costco hearing aids so getting roget installed is hard. I managed to find a place but it was a lot of work.

I am hearing about a firmware update for the K9s that will now let you work with the Roger Pen. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks

I’ve heard about it from reliable sources so am convinced it’s true. You just need to go to Costco(likely need and appointment) and tell them you’d like the firmware upgrade. It will also make them compatible with a much better app. However, don’t just think that all you need to do is pick up a Roger device and that you’re good to go. If you’re interested in Roger, do some research.

Picked up my KS 9.0 T last Thursday and so far I am very impressed. Sounds especially voices seem much clearer and the new app seems to work well.
I have not had the fitter install any additional custom settings yet as I wanted to see how the AutoSense works and it seems to work pretty good.

One question I have is when I go into program settings I see programs that say they are fitted where as the Music, Restaurant and TV programs show as App preset. Can someone explain this to me?

No help from me but I’ve been wondering too. I pickup my new aids next week and would like to set up as much as possible. live a distance and have to rent a car to get there so want to avoid making unnecessary trips.

1 Like

It’s a nice goal but really hard to fulfill. The ideal is to have the automatic program handle everything and likely it largely will. Ideally one would see what situations it doesn’t work in and then get special programs. If music is important to you, a music program isn’t a bad idea. Tell your fitter of any special situations you find especially difficult.

1 Like

Thank you for that suggestion, I would be happy if the automatic did the job. Will give thought to the situations that would be important and at least have that ready when I go in.

Not sure if you mentioned a TV. The TV Connector is really nice for Bluetooth sound into your aids. That TV Connector can also be used on your computer if you like.

The mute function is very nice for some.

My wife had a total of 3 trips to Costco to feel good with her KS9 aids. Anytime we go back she gets them serviced and cleaned.

Thanks -thus far I am OK with listening to TV ; with computer I often use headphones (it really saves batteries).

2 Likes

Hi - for those of you who have the firmware upgrade, how do you switch between 2 paired devices. I am having trouble controlling which device I am connected to at any given time (iPad or iPhone) - I have searched and can not find any info. Thanks in advance!

I think you have to turn Bluetooth off on one device to be able to connect to another device.

You just need to disconnect manually from the device before you connect to the other one.

Since KS9s with the upgraded firmware can connect to RogerDirect devices is Costco selling these devices?

No, they are not…

:disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

I have also discovered that using TV Connector with my computer has reduced my battery consumption significantly. Before using the TV connector I was using standard bluetooth and going through batteries almost daily!

re: Picked up my KS 9.0 T last Thursday

I also have the KS 9.0 Ts, but have not yet updated the firmware. I have a Telecoil setting on my aids, but I’m wondering if the update App would allow that setting to be selected without having it as one of the settings on my aids. Can you advise?

Since Costco does not sell Roger Select IN, where I can purchase Roger Select IN for KS 9.0?

Any audiology clinic will order them for you, but the prices are outrageous, you’ll be better off trying eBay, new and unused models can be found.

1 Like