Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

Hi welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The last three programs you listed are defaults built into the Smart Direct App. The Playing Music one sounds like the specific program from the Connexx programming software, although I see it is specifically called Playing an Instrument in the current Connexx 9 software. Probably the same thing. These are specific programs that have to be set up (one mouse click) by your fitter. You can have 5 of these in addition to the default Automatic. Sounds like you only have the one additional one.

As far as the trilling goes, I am still stuck on the thought of mixing hearing aid produced sound with natural sound through a fitting vent or leak. They are likely to interact at higher frequencies if there is a significant time delay in the HA audio signal and they are of a similar amplitude. If the hearing aid is producing lots of output because your hearing loss at higher frequencies is bad, then the natural sound coming is likely to be too low to have any impact. This would not be a problem with the KS9 more than any other hearing aid, unless there is an excessive time delay, and even then not everybody is going to hear it. Someone with a cookie bite loss may be more likely to be affected. Just my thoughts…

Start another thread if you want more help with the KS8.

Good point. I’ll stop here until I actually trial the KS-9s in three weeks and report if they have the same issues as the Marvels.

I have a cookie bite loss and the trilling is terrible around 2000-4000 Hz. That is with my Phonak Brio 3 HA but would probably be the same with the KS 9.0

I call it a warble. Particularly longer microwave beep-notifications and such. It just reminds me that the HA’s are doing something.

I’ve just posted in the trill/tremolo Marvel thread, complete with nine audio clips illustrating this effect.

1 Like

Phonak seems to be Bluetooth because the Compilot 2 is required. The Rexton/Signia and the Resound transmit directly to the hearing aids using a proprietary method. Could be 2.4, could be fm. All three brands work well with no delay.

I have the KS7s and one channel is dead or dying.

I have a Samsung 9+ phone and the news that the KS9 has direct connectivity with the android O/S is great news.

Looking forward to trying the new Kirkland.

Also have a Honda Ridgeline with BT connection, so this should work well with the new HA.

1 Like

I believe the bluetooth in your car will only work from your phone to your car speakers. Your phone can send to either your car speakers or your hearing aids, but there’s not really going to be any streaming between your car and your hearing aids.

1 Like

My present KS7s are paired to my Honda via the Navigation system. I can make or answer calls as long as the phone is with me so I am hoping the newer KS9s will do the same thing.

Yes it should. However if you pair with the car I suspect you will lose the direct streaming to your hearing aids. At least that is the way it is with the KS8.

I don’t have profound hearing loss so that would not be a big issue for me. Thanks for your input.

Really? How does this work? Everything I’ve heard is contrary to this. Can others comment if they are able to stream from CAR (not phone) navigation system to hearing aids?

And with the KS7 to boot. I don’t think that’s at all possible.

1 Like

My wife and I went to Costco to get hearing tests and try out some aids. Once the test was complete we each talked to a different HIS about our tests and what aids are available. The tech was very specific to say he is not paid to sell aids or push any sales. He also volunteered the test results without my asking. He was a pleasure to visit with and was very familiar with the tests. He did mention I was about the worst hearing loss case he had dealt with. My word recognition is 12% left and right.
He asked about the KS9 aids and said they have had great results with them in the 3 short weeks they have been out. So he fitted me with the KS9 aids and as it turns out my wife did also. She has been trialing the Starkey i2400 Livio aids. We walked around the store and within 10 minutes she said she wants to return the Starkey’s. She mentioned the Bluetooth was way better with the KS9 aids as well as speech and overall clarity. The directional focus of these aids is very good. Their ability to quiet areas around you to hear speech in front of you is very good. Another program we tried called Speech was excellent at hearing speech from behind or to the side while quieting other areas in front of you. We turned the demo aids back in and made the order for my wife’s KS9 aids. They should be here in 7-10 days, $1499 drive out.
When she returns for her new aids she will be fitted using REM.
A really nice experience.

3 Likes

And you???

1 Like

Happy for you and your wife that all went well. Great news! It sounds like Costco does a good job.

1 Like

I didn’t order the aids.
We will see how the wife makes out with the KS9 aids. She felt like they were noticeably better than the Starkey aids she has had no less than 10 adjustments on since she has been trialing them. That also includes a firmware update that was supposed to fix Bluetooth issues. I mentioned the REM fitting should improve the aids even more, that got a smile on her face.

The HIS that tested me asked how I knew so much about the aids. I mentioned this forum and all the smart members passing information around.

I’m currently using KS8’s but have only had them since the end of April, so I think I can still upgrade without penalty. They’re my first HAs and I’ve been quite pleased over all, but less than satisfied with the direct streaming from my iPhone 8Plus. They frequently seem to lose the connection with one ear or the other, or switch back and forth between the two rather than holding a good connection to both aids when streaming a podcast or music. The musical fidelity is ok, but certainly not comparable to headphones. This last was to be expected. I’m hoping the 9s will have better bluetooth connection than the 8s, and I’m eager to hear that particular aspect addressed by someone comparing the 8’s and 9s!

Can not answer your question comparing the KS8&9 Bluetooth connections. Only that the KS9 Bluetooth was really good. It was the first thing my wife said comparing them to the I believe top of the line Starkeys.
Talking about price and warranty, my wife accepted a deal with the Starkey HIS for a lower price on those aids without warranty or replacement. Even that cost was more than double of the KS9 aids with 3 years warranty and one time replacement.