Connection issue HI-PRO USB to Phonak

Hello newbe here. Having handshake issue with my Hi-pro usb and Phonak target. My equipment is described below. Hi-pro connected via USB port, powered up, self test passes using hi-pro configuration software. Connect CS44 cables to hearing aids from hi-pro, hearing aids are powered up and working. Start Phonak software, click connect button and the “com” light flashes and also the lights beside each cable connection flash few times, after few moments screen pops up with message “detect was not successful”. I’m hoping something simple, appreciate your time and help!

Equipment:

Desktop
Lenovo
Windows 10 Home
AMD A8-7600 Radeon
8GB Ram
64 Bit processor

HI-PRO USB
Firmware 3.00
Com 3
Self Test Pass
Power Light On
CS44 Cables

Phonak Ambra MicroM

If it’s Phonak, you might well need a CS44a cable. Two of the pins are reversed from the normal CS44. You can buy adapters on eBay sometimes, and there is a thread here with very detailed instructions for making your own. (It’s easy!) The fact that the lights on the HiPro are blinking cheerfully suggests (to me, anyway) that your connection with the HiPro is okay.

Phonak’s spec sheet on the Ambra does say you need the CS44a cable…

https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonak/b2b/C_M_tools/Hearing_Instruments/Phonak_Ambra/Documents/02-gb/027_0479_02_Phonak_Ambra_Product_Information_V1.00.pdf

Here’s the method for the DIY adapters:

Thank you for the reply corona, I will look into the cable issue and update status.
Again thank you!

Hello dears,

My hearing aid is ARGOSY model CIRA PLUS MICRO.
I have read that ARGOSY is made by PHONAK.

Which cable is correct to fitting my hearing aid?

CS44 as usual;
or
CS44A as from PHONAK

considering that I have a HIPRO USB.

Thanks in advance.

I believe this is the same aid as the Phonak Milo Plus Micro.

The data sheet says you’ll need the CS44a.

https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonak/b2b/C_M_tools/Hearing_Instruments/milo/Brochure/027_0448_02_Milo_MiloPlus_Product_Information_V2.00.pdf

Corona, thank you for your input. I ordered the cs44a cables and that resolved by connection issue. Appreciate the help!

That’s good! I’m glad it worked.

Hi corona,

thanks a lot!

Using CS44A and communication stablished perfectly.

Best regards

I’m glad it worked. Have fun!

Does anyone know what cable is used for the Phonak Naida V UP aids? I do not see it on their datasheet.

Target says you need the CS44 (Phonak version), i.e. the CS44a

Programming cables - BTE hearing instruments

CS44 (Phonak version) 058-0255

Connect the cable to the instrument by pushing straight in.

Naída V Nios S Sky Q Sky V Solana

Ambra Audéo Q Audéo S Audéo V Audéo B Baseo Q Bolero Q Bolero V

Cassia CROS CROS II CROS H2O CROS B Dalia Naída Q Naída S

Another question. Is there really a difference between the “Right & Left” cables? As I’m seeking the CS44a cables, would it matter if I brought two “red” right side cables (due to the availability)? If there are the same, I assume all I would have to do is put some blue tape on one of the cables.

No difference. The color Red=Right, Blue=Left is to help you keep track which is which.

Here’s an example (scroll down to see cable colors)… >> AudeoQ <<

Thank you! That link is very helpful…

I don’t know if this is the correct thread to post a query. My HA’s are Phonac naidda III UP dAZ. What cable do I need to connect it to a hipro-usb. I don’t see a connecting socket in the HA’s.

1. CS44a
  2. Find the cable guide from inside the fitting software
  3. look for an access door on the hearing aid and flip it open (like #5 below)

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

How do you flip it open? I can’t do it with my finger nail. Do you need a scew?

I know pvc is no longer in this forum, can another guru answer?