Connecting Connectclip to PC

I having had the issue with the Macbook, my guess is that it has something to do with the device drivers that Windows 10 uses.

Does it connect to your phone when you leave the computer?

1 Like

Good question. I’m not 100% sure, I haven’t quite figured out if it is the hearing aid that is connected to the phone or the connect clip. I’ll try it out tomorrow.

Zenrook,

Have you paired your ConnectClip with anything other than your Win 10 computer?

In my case at work, my ConnectClip has been paired with both my MacBook Pro and with a Cisco 8851 VOIP phone (it will connect to bluetooth headsets). The phone sees the ConnectClip as a headset and will connect to it if the ConnectClip is not connected to another device (like the MacBook). I can’t predict which will connect when I power on the ConnectClip but I can disconnect from either the phone or computer using menu items on the phone/computer without unpairing. I can then ask either the phone or computer (again using a menu item) to connect and it happens reliably.

At home, I only have a computer (iMac) that has a BTD 800 plugged into it into and the ConnectClip connects to that when it powers up. If my iPhone is paired with it and nearby, the ConnectClip may connect to the iPhone instead of the computer. I don’t normally have the iPhone or the computer bluetooth paired with the clip; only the BTD 800 (along with the work computer and phone).

On page 37 of my copy of the Instructions for use, the paragraph on the page says one connection at a time. “When paired with several devices (up to eight), the ConnectClip will connect to the first phone available/in range.” I assume they really mean first device rather than phone.

I wonder if your clip is connecting to something else when you walk out of range of the computer? If not, then there may be some incompatibility between the computer bluetooth and the ConnectClip. That might be fixed by a driver update for the bluetooth in the computer. We have found (at work) that the manufacturer provided drivers for many hardware devices are, in many but not all cases, better than the generic Microsoft versions. However, I have zero experience using a ConnectClip with Windows 10.

In my case, Oticon Technical Support suggested that many desktop computers work more reliably with the ConnectClip when the BTD 800 is used rather than the computer bluetooth. I have no idea if that would be the case for your computer.

1 Like

I use the ConnectClip with my Windows 10 laptop everyday, and usually they automatically reconnect with each other if I haven’t connected the ConnectClip to anything else (like my Samsung Note 8 phone) in between.

Even so, I never have to deleted the device (ConnectClip) on my laptop and re-pair it again with the laptop to get them working together again. If they don’t automatically reconnect (due to my using it with the Note 8), I only have to make sure I turn off Bluetooth from the Note 8, then just re-“connect” the ConnectClip to the laptop again. No delete/forget and re-pair between them.

The only thing I can think of in your situation is that either your ConnectClip started connecting automatically with something else other than your computer in between the break. Or maybe the computer starts connecting automatically with another Bluetooth device automatically somehow in between the break. But if you don’t use your Connectclip with anything else but your computer, and vice-versa, your computer is not paired with any other Bluetooth devices, then maybe it’s a driver compatibility issue with the Bluetooth on your computer.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your help. So as an experiment I turned off the bluetooth on my cellphone and then opened the bluetooth settings window, clicked connect for the ConnectClip and it worked this time. I didn’t have to go through the pairing process.

1 Like

I don’t have nearly the expertise the folks in here do, but I was unable to pair my ConnectClip with my desktop computer. After some discussion I was told it likely wouldn’t pair because the desktop is Bluetooth 4.0 (or something less than 4.2) and I’d need a bluetooth dongle.
For absolutely no reason I can figure, a week or so later, prior to ordering the dongle, I tried again and the CC paired fine. It’s been working for the last 6 months.
I have no idea why it didn’t work OR why it started working, but since it’s almost ALWAYS operator error (if it can be done wrong, I’ll do it wrong), I figure I just got lucky.
Unfortunately, one of these days I need to blow everything away and install a clean copy of Windows 10, after which it may work perfectly OR never work again!

Hi , is there any other cheap bluethooth usb product with similar parameters as sennheiser btd 800 usb dongle imclude: A2DP 1.2, HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6 ??
Since this Sennheiser BTD 800 is too expensive it costs around $60. Because if I need 2 usb BTD 800 for a private and business laptop the cost high 2 x 60$ = 120 $.

Do you really need the dongle? Have you tried the laptops with just their Bluetooth adapters that should be built in. I have a MacBook and my wife has a Dell laptop that are a number of years old and my connect clip works great with both. And I don’t have the dongle.

1 Like

Just buy a cheap usb dongle with BT4.0 or 4.1 on Aliexpress. No need the Senheiser’s gadget really…

2 Likes