Connectclip discontinued?

Have the Oticon Connect Clips been discontinued? There won’t be any new versions, will there?

1 Like

Not only ConnectClip, but all accessories and most of hearing aids (Own, Xceed).

all discontinued? not have new versions in future?

I haven’t heard anything on being discontinued, the accessories that Oticon has now works on everything from OPN to INTENT.

2 Likes

i know, but new versions? connectclip 2.0 no? phonak roger on launched new version

1 Like

Okay I maybe retired, but it is smart business to not have to reinvent the wheel. And for someone like me and you it means we can get newer aids without needing to replace all of the accessories too. Are you tied into to Apple concept that every thing has to be replaced every year. I am retired, my lucky i get my aids from the VA due to being a disabled veteran. There isn’t anyway I can get a new phone or new accessories every time my aids are updated.

1 Like

I bought the connectclip just last month in the UK, so it is still available and for sale. It does not have a version number, but Oticon stipulates it can run on any version of an Oticon installed with firmware 5.0 or greater.

2 Likes

The connect clip i got back in 2018 when I got my OPN1 aids still works great with my INTENT1 aids. I ser that as a huge win. My TV adapter that I hot back then is still working great with my INTENT1 aids too which is another great win.

1 Like

My connectclip is incredible and I will never be parting without it. I just upgraded my very old TV and now I can adjust the volume for Bluetooth. Yippeeeeeeeee I am so happy with that particular issue now.

Now to get my new aids into my audiologist at EOW so the rebooting issue can be repaired.

1 Like

cool. you use connectclip in restaurants and in car?

We don’t physically go to restaurants - not until Covid-19 is eradicated. It’s at an all-time high now, so restaurants are out of the question. But that won’t stop us from ordering from them! :wink:

I don’t use the ConnectClip in the car. My hearing is good enough where I don’t need to.

Please stick to the topic. Yes, Oticon accessories do not get new firmware anymore. They do not have a version with a modern USB-C connector. No new DNN versions for Own, Xceed, Xceed Play and other hearing aids. The year 2024 is ending, but only one model Intent has been released. Shame.

What is going on? That sounds very odd for the 2nd most popular (by sales) hearing aid!

Since the accessories still work with each new hearing aid, maybe Oticon doesn’t feel any need to update any accessories until (maybe) updates are needed when LE Audeo BlueTooth is implemented.

1 Like

If it works don’t fix it.

still cant find a reason why they haven’t released a power rechargeable + Accessories.
Perhaps they are waiting for aura cast to be fully implement it .

When did that stop? Oticon support claims the accessory firmware cannot be updated. That does not appear accurate.

I already sold my ConnectClip. It lowers the volume by itself when switching between videos or music tracks. It had the latest firmware.

@Lostdeaf - That has never happened with mine. Perhaps yours was defective? Or perhaps different settings were needed.

No, my friend has other Connectclip with different firmware version, but with absolutely same problem. Even here was topic with same problem described.

1 Like