Cochlear Nucleus 8

Well hopefully with a iPhone I won’t have any problems as from what I am seeing and hearing from different ones iPhone always works the best not always so with Android another reason I am making the change

My point is don’t buy an iPhone for N7 hardware bugs. Those bugs are probably fixed in the CP1001 (N7 SE) and later devices

My hearing aid side (resound) have no problems with Android Bluetooth says the problem is is isolated to N7

1 Like

I use android, a Pixel 3, with N7 and K2 processors.
No issues.

The K2 processors have a little more Bluetooth distance than the N7 processors and maybe a little better connection with the TV streamer.

My hunch is the N8 will be even better.

N8 Audiology online video:

5 Likes

Got it and so far it is good! Speech in noise is better, very secure on my ear /tight fit,
Here is the size with compact battery… bluetooth is far better!

5 Likes

So happy to finally see someone get it if it wasn’t for cochlear screwing up 3x with the form I may of gotten it any day but I did find out yesterday that last Friday cochlear finally sent the correct form with the correct information and my doctors office called and she signed it right away and asked me to call cochlear and make sure so I did and they got it and the girl in the order dept is suppose to now send it to my insurance so now I wait for thier approval so who knows how long that will be and the n8 was put in for order Nov 2 so I am so pissed a whole month wasted but at least we are going in the right direction and I have to order my right one jan 7 so hopefully this goes alot smoother

I am not surprised, the people i am dealing with are idiots.

First they said the n7 battery isn’t compatible with n8 sound processor and n7 charger isn’t compatible with n8 battery… I tested it and they work on both…

Then they said it “damages” it. You can’t damage a device that takes 3.7 to 4.2 voltage by physics of the battery.

I also said if it damages it, engineering team will disable it from use…

Thanks for the update.

The half circle diameter of the N8 appears to me smaller than the N7. The snugness you mentioned goes along with this too.

yup, it really help with keeping my processor on my ear! there is literally no room left… made for the average adult ear… it feels like a BTE hearing aid like Oticon Dynamo

Wow, the n8 with compact battery and medium ear hook is the same size with the oticon dynamo and it’s ear hook

1 Like

Not really as soon as my insurance approves it they will mail but also depends on if they have any left if not i may have to wait longer hope not as my 5 year upgrade is Dec 13 but with doctors note of medical necessity I could of gotten sooner so thats why I am pissed that cochlear screwed up they never did before with all my other upgrades

Exactly, what the heck happened with CochlearAmerica?!? it has gone downhill from there. I went through hell to get the processor on my hands… I spent 2 weeks trying to work with them… they made it extremely harder than needed :frowning: I hope Cochlear is watching this thread and make drastic changes now before it is too late…

Just a guess but I bet Cochlear is very busy at this time.
A new product just hit the market and lots of exchanges.
My bet things will get back to normal soon.

Your thoughts on the new N8 having better understanding in noise is very good news. Big step for us hard of hearing.

I am going to really keep on top here and keep calling till I know my insurance has it and will call my insurance too

I am sure they must be very busy prob don’t have as many working as they used to so hopefully it will get better

Speaking from experience: Try emailing them instead so there is no misunderstanding there

Using the Cochlear chat has worked great for me.

Thats a good idea will do that also

Have looked for chat a few times couldn’t find it will look again

Ugh now I got a email saying the diagnosis was missing that it had to go back to doctors office grrr

Are you signed up for My Cochlear?

Lots of information and the ability to see your equipment and buy things as needed.