Cochlear Nucleus 8

Your right think i will just wait till i get the n8 try it out

The N8 is probably very similar to the N7/K2 processors using Android 10 and higher.
@ssa can probably clear this up.

I found the Cochlear compatibility list to be out of date consistently.

1 Like

Technically yes but It is up to the phone manufactures of the to enable ASHA protocol on their devices… it is not enabled by default in the Android sources…

They are programming my N8 device for ready to wear!i just saw the service request…

6 Likes

You must be SO excited! Can’t wait to hear all about it my last behind the ear was the N5 so its looking to be a big difference and the kanso 1 will be a back up

The K8 should be a really big step up from the Kanso. Bluetooth will be huge.

Getting the right phone is important, waiting to be sure is a no brainer.

Betting you will have lots of updates about the N8.

2 Likes

WOW! I’m really curious to hear what you think of the N8 and it’s new BT capability.

1 Like

Picture from Facebook.
N7/N8
The N8 appears to have a compact battery but still appears smaller than the N7.

When cochlear ordered mine I don’t remember what I said I wanted wrote it down now can’t find the paper but I do remember them asking me if I wanted rechargeable battery or to use disposable where with the N5 I got both and I said rechargeable

1 Like

So the top one is a N7 and your upgrading to N8?

Yes, the top processor is a N7.

It will be a few more years before I can upgrade. The N7/K2 processors I have now are a couple years old.

I can every 5 years been a long 5 years waiting do not like the kanso 1 but at least I don’t have to trade it in like I did my others will have a back up for once

1 Like

@Raudrive to me that picture doesn’t appear to be a good comparison at all. The N7 appears to have a standard battery and N8 appears to have a compact battery as you mentioned. Compact batteries are half the size of a standard one so it would be smaller anyhow. What are your thoughts on the battery sizes?

Not a CI user but I’m impressed with the size of the processor.

@Raudrive

Just been asked by someone how the Roger will work with the N8 and whether it’s the Roger 20. Literally can’t find any info on that.

I got both as well with the N7. I also got a remote control with my N7 which I’ve never used to date. I’ve filled out my paperwork as well, all they asked is what colour you want. No mention of what type of batteries or coil length either.

Taken from FB.
Here’s a pic of both N7 & N8 both with standard batteries.
The only difference I can pick is the shape/angle over the top of the ear… Hopefully this means it will be a much better fit, and might not flop around so much…

1 Like

My N8 have shopped. coming “next day”!

2 Likes

I agree.
Not much information out yet about comparing.
Saw this picture and wanted to share.

1 Like

When they ordered mine they did ask me what length i wanted for the coil and I said the same as the N5 which they have on file and what packages I wanted I already have the phone clip 2 in fact which i never liked or used that much and the battery what kind I wanted and color

I called cochlear yesterday to check up on staus of my paperwork that needs to get signed by doctor and cochlear finally did send my doctor the medical necessity correct paperwork still so pissed that this has been going on since Nov 2 and here it is a month later so 4 weeks almost has been wasted but hopefully next week cochlear will send to my insurance for approval then if they have any left they will send me one she said and they started to mail them out yesterday and i did mentioned about getting a new phone and how the iPhone 14 pro was not on the list and didn’t want to take a chance on getting it so guy kevin in the order dept very nice guy said it should be very soon so we hang up and i go into my email and I got a email from Kevin with the list and he called the dept that handles this and they added the iPhone 14 all of them to the list so now I think i will make the change from android to iPhone finally

This list is a terrible list of devices. I don’t think they actually test it in the field with live recipient , do not follow the list religiously. i have no trust in cochlear actually testing the devices before they put them on the list… I got burned by pixel 4 connectivity issues with n7. I used my tech knowledge to make a decision to buy a z flip 3 dispute not being on the terrible list and it 75% better than the pixel 4 in connectivity issues