Cochlear Nucleus 8

@studio.prawns_0q welcome to the forum.

I’ve chosen the grey the same as K2 pic above.

I’m getting the black one, but didn’t get the call back from cochlear

Might be a stupid question, but does the black colour get hot while on your ear when you are in the sun? A friend asked me the question and I haven’t had black before so I don’t know.

Not that I have noticed.

Mind you that is with the N7 but I doubt that will make a difference.

you are very lucky, on the other hand I am still looking for money to get a cochlear implant. it’s been 6 years. I’m happy for you

I just put my order in for the n8 sound processor…I managed to get them to exchange the n7 sound processor under warranty, I did the self pay because my insurance copay is $450 more than self pay and $3000 discount for exchange them …

3 Likes

Impressive that Cochlear will work with you on that. Not exactly sure what the figures are on this but happy for you.

Do you have an expected arrival date?

1 Like

No, over the phone they said a “few” month.

1 Like

@ssa Very happy for you…Looking forward to hear your opinion of the N8…

2 Likes

I think the N8 will start shipping in the first week of December… it depends on the mapping software release on the 9th which is expected to support N8 and resound omnia…

2 Likes

This is great news!! My 5 year upgrade is up Dec 8 cochlear put a order in on Nov 2 with my insurance so I am hoping that by Dec 8 it will be approved and I will get it when my upgrade is up am hoping that I don’t have to wait 6 weeks from the time I am eligible for upgrade and Jan 7 I am eligible for the other processor can’t wait

4 Likes

@hambone1205

My coworker and used to be my audiologist warned me that it is increasingly likely insurance will deny it unless your processor is obsolete and unrepairable. That was the factor in my decision that i decided to self pay for it…

Paraphrasing my coworker: They will not fork a lot of money unless they have to…

2 Likes

What’s the cost of a CI sound processor if you want to pay out of pocket?

normally $12,750… but they have a upgrade discount for those who self pay which is $10,500 and the n7 or older processor is exchange for a N8 is $3,000 off. So i did the exchange/self pay and ended up paying: $7,500…

5 Likes

Cochlear store dropped the pre in order page. Shipping soon?1?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1 Like

Sure hope so! My N8 was ordered Nov 2 I was away for a few weeks called to see about a phone i need to buy and cochlear sent my doctors office paperwork nov 2 nov 7 nov 14 claims they didn’t get a respond so I called my doctors office and the assist called me back she said they always take care of cochlear right away as they know how important this is that cochlear sent the paperwork with her name as the audiologist which is wrong she told them a few times they need to correct it as the surgeon will not sign off on it so finally it was resolved yesterday and goes to my insurance for approval which could take 6 to 8 weeks boy am i pissed so i am out like 3 weeks cause they didn’t do it right in the beginning so now i am going to get a new phone have a samsung note 9 which is starting to act up and wanted the S22 Ultra which is not compatible as of today they update the list i was just told but it could be compatible next week ugh so was thinking of getting a IPhone which I never had but probably should just stick with Samsung and maybe just get the S22 such a hard decision lol so good luck with getting your N8! Shouldn’t be too much longer

Get a cheap burner to get you through until you know what you can buy for the long term?

WH

When I got my first CI the Samsung S9 I had was not compatible with the N7 processors. I bought a nice used Google Pixel 3 that was Android 10 at the time so it was compatible. That was two years ago and I still use the Pixel 3, it has been great.

I like Samsung phones best but didn’t want to spend the money at that time.

1 Like

Good idea also right now they will give 400 off my phone and the s22 be 399 so I may do that pay it off then later on get what I want thanks

I find the “compatibility” list a joke… Just get a phone you like and try it… there is no reason to follow it… Pixel 4 XL had connection reliability issues and they claim “compatible”… when my samsung z flip 3 which is not on the list does better than the pixel 4, 5, 6 in connection reliability. … I have no faith in the list …

1 Like