Cochlear Nucleus 8

Wow thank you!
I have the N5 which I really liked broke now and have the 1st kanso which I don’t like so to see how much smaller the N8 is then N5 is so exciting!!

Oh it is getting quite competitive in size to SP/UP BTE aids. I had the Oticon Dymamo almost the same til you hit the battery, it is getting there but the battery tech stonewalled the development of a smaller BTE component

This is very exciting news! I receive the e-mails from Cochlear, but nothing on the N8. In the US so that’s probably why. I have the N7 and K2. I love both for different reasons, but tge K2 is a bit weighty and my audi said a #4 magnet was the strongest for the K2. Still not strong enough and I use the hair clip for retention. It gives my ear a rest from the behind the ear N7. A lighter N8 will be welcome. It’s nice because I can put my head on a pillow with my N7. The new tech to improve hearing will be great too!

The person I spoke to who has gone from the N5 to N8, says it’s super thin but not sure how much thinner it would be compared to the N7.

1 Like

1 Like

Exciting times ahead! I’ve lodged my paperwork for MBP early access scheme. I’ve chosen the grey as the silver is an off white colour with a hint of grey through it.The grey is very similar in colour to Raudrive post above.

So sometime between now and Christmas I will get a phone call to come in and get the N8 fitted.

4 Likes

I have the gray and it looks the same. My audi only had a stronger magnet in sand and it might be from an N5/N6 because it is not flush with the coil, but I needed a magnet and took it. So my coil is gray and the magnet is sand. It’s my own personalization! I wear the coil under my hair anyway. You can get skins for the N7 from Etsy. I just need a longer wire from the the processor to the coil.

I can’t wait to read opinions on the sound. Received both the Resound HA and implant/processor in 2020 so I think I will need to wait until 8/24 for a new processor.

Note the 5(I) on the magnet.
I believe you and I both have the 600 series implants, 612 for both of my implants.

The I on the magnet is for the 600 series only.
My understanding.

2 Likes

Wow, kanso 2 is really small but can they even go smaller than that?

The N8 is now up on the Cochlear America site.

https://www.cochlear.com/us/en/campaign/nucleus-8-fda-launch

And they are claiming Bluetooth LE audio technology.

I wonder if this is bluetooth 5 le? That would give it 4 times the range!

1 Like

Thank you for posting this! Got my N8 ordered for my left side a eligible for my 5 year upgrade since July 2022 glad I didn’t know that cause I would of ordered the n7 so for my right I am eligible jan 7 2023 so will call back and get the ordered they said 6 weeks so excited

Seems I read they are 5.3.

2 Likes

Rick you are correct BT is 5.2 or LE in the N8.

@DWol999 same here in Australia, the N7 has been taken off the website and N8 put on.

@hambone1205 I will be very jealous if you receive yours before I do. I put my paperwork in 2 weeks ago, for the early release program and FDA approval is not required. My private health insurance has an early release scheme with approval already given to the private health company. We have 260 people with the same private health. So I’m guessing it will take some time to fit all these people in with mappings

1 Like

Now FDA approved in US as of yesterday (November 1, 2022)

1 Like

I did the request to upgrade, it is using bluetooth 5.3 core specification, NOT LE Audio protocol specification, that requires a firmware update. the firmware is going to be available within a year now as more devices become Bluetooth LE audio compatible…

1 Like

Just got another email from cochlear that they are working quickly on.this have a feeling I will get it before 6 weeks so exciting ! Now have to get a new phone which I knew I did

1 Like

I suggest you to hold off on getting a new phone, nobody have implemented LE audio on phone right now…

1 Like

Well I need to anyway and want to be able to use the phone to work with N8 my phone isn’t going to be compatible at all

1 Like

What colours has people chosen?