Cochlear Nucleus 8

https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/nucleus8

1 Like

Thank you still don’t see what phones are compatible that should be next or I am missing it

initially the compatibility is just like n7, they haven’t enabled the bluetooth LE audio protocol, they only did hardware support for bluetooth 5.3 …

if you are tech savvy, this is the technical explaination

1 Like
4 Likes

A stronger magnet for those of us with the new profile plus implant would be nice

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s in writing now.

LE Audio, first on a Cochlear processor.
Smaller and lighter, that’s great.
The SCAN2 sounds like a possible big step into better hearing, especially in noise.

@Deaf_piper , bet you will enjoy your updated processor.

1 Like

@Raudrive I’ve just read/watched this on Cochlear Australia website. I still have to wait until March from what I can see before I can upgrade. Aus.FDA still hasn’t approved it as a medical devise as yet… I would love to see the colours of the processor in real life before ordering.

I will say I can’t wait till I can get my hands on one

I didn’t see any mention of phone compatibility though… I hope I don’t have to get a new phone!.

We have a choice of chargers, the y charger or a USB charger?

1 Like

See cochlear compatibility list, it includes n8

https://www.cochlear.com/global/en/apps/sound-processor-and-app/compatibility

2 Likes

SSA I saw a picture of an iPhone in a ladies suitcase so I’m assuming it’s the same.

I’ve also fill out the request for upgrade information on the Cochlear Australia website. Time will tell, I was due to upgrade last July but held off with all the talk about the N8 coming soon.

yeah, don’t worry about it due to cochlear firmware code sharing between the 2 devices, it is natural to bring the same compatibility as the hardware can be backward compatible,

they are building on the work that was done for n7 and improve n8 compatibility and vice versa via firmware update

N7 may get improved bluetooth fixes from n8 as long the hardware support it.

1 Like

I suspect K2 is in line for firmware updates as well. Maybe some the N7 will not receive.

The model numbers of the K2 and N8 processors are very similar.

1 Like

Correct, i’m wondering myself, probably same chip platform but massive improvement to firmware which includes bluetooth 5.3.

2 Likes

I’ve just spoken to the Aus upgrade team member about the N8. How lucky can I be? My private health fund MBP, who is covering the cost of my upgrade. They don’t require FDA testing approval, which is why they told us March 2023 for release to upgrades recipients.

I was told because of this I need to get paperwork, fill it out and get it back to Cochlear ASAP. The lady I some to said it will be released in late November to MBP recipients. WOOHOO :tada: I’m starting to get very excited about the N8.

6 Likes

Yay! so happy for you!!!

1 Like

Wow thats great news! I will definitely need to upgrade to a new Samsung now at least I know

2 Likes

How often do they find this upgrade process? Must be once every several years, right? Not just when a new device is released?

1 Like

The private health funds in Aus all vary the numbers of years somewhere between 3 and 5 years. With the latest review of policies some funds don’t even cover the upgrades at all, and you need a certain level of cover. Each fund differs here yet again. The one I’m with MBP they allow an upgrade every 3 years. I’m bimodal and I don’t have any knowledge of upgrades if you are bilateraly implanted.

Ah, that’s me too. I guess after 1+ year won’t cut it.

1 Like

:joy: I shouldn’t laugh, but yes you will be waiting for a while.

Not sure if anyone posted or looked at but describes general improvements.
https://mss-p-007-delivery.sitecorecontenthub.cloud/api/public/content/b5ce4fffd5464e1680d4a2fb64af1c6b?v=9368aa86&fbclid=IwAR3Rrq4Nvo0G-KGEiOmDBCCPRRRpeArBp3dyV7SPzddnWWgCagJR8jNAFcg

4 Likes